+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you have any tattoo you regret getting because people give you shit about it?

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default Do you have any tattoo you regret getting because people give you shit about it?

I was just wondering this because I was talking to Anastasia and we both have a John Wayne Gacy (serial killer) tattoo, and people have given her a lot of shit about that tattoo on her, but I also have a John Wayve Gacy tattoo on me and no one really gives a shit about it. Do you have any tattoos that you regret getting because people give you shit about it?

P.S. I heard that some lady got like a penis tattood in white "black light" ink on her arm I believe, all huge thinking it wouldn't show unless she was under black lights, but it actually did show in normal light so she got screwed..

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you have any tattoo you regret getting because people give you shit about it?

noone see's my tatoo's unless I want them to.

why do you have a tattoo of a serial killer?..........is it some kind of club or gang thing?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Do you have any tattoo you regret getting because people give you shit about it?

I don't really regret any of my tattoos. I look at some and wish I had take a bit more time thinking about them, but not because I get shit for them, but they make it hard to piece new stuff around them.

And yeah, black light ink is seriously no bueno. It still leaves scarring from the outline that can be seen in normal light. Plus, the ink is expensive, thus costs more, and the stuff that makes it glow is broken down so after about six months it no longer glows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    noone see's my tatoo's unless I want them to.

why do you have a tattoo of a serial killer?..........is it some kind of club or gang thing?

Ummm...not that I know of.. I'm just fascinated by John Wayne Gacy..he was a clown..heehee

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    Plus, the ink is expensive, thus costs more, and the stuff that makes it glow is broken down so after about six months it no longer glows.

I've had my black light tattoo for over a year and it still glows the same... though I have heard that it fades over time..so far so good.

So you got Jogn gacy a rapist, murderer tattooed on your body because he was a lolrandum clown?

Yeah I'd give you shit for it because it was so stupid but its your body so enjoy.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

fuck no, I dig the ink I have. But I do not get tat's impulsively.
    I'm what is commonly called methodical, or is that Methadone-ical?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Nope. I don't get tattoos of dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    So you got Jogn gacy a rapist, murderer tattooed on your body because he was a lolrandum clown?

Yeah I'd give you shit for it because it was so stupid but its your body so enjoy.

in my opinion it's not stupid... i'm fascinated by him...the one I have is a self portrait of him as a clown

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i <3 my tattoos and i want more...
    i don't think i'd get shit for any of the ones i want.
    i'm not that creative.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I don't get why everyone thinks tattoos should have some deep personal meaning. Some of mine do have meaning and some are purely aesthetic. But to answer the question though, no, I've never taken any shit from people over my tats.

and the porridge was just

i dont have any tattoos, but i did burn a heart on to the inside of my lower left leg. i get shit for that if people realize what it is, but i dont care because i loves it

toxicat's Avatar catty member

So you got Jogn gacy a rapist, murderer...
    I know that IS gross.

I was actually just talking about this with a photographer the other day. I don't regret any of my tattoos but at the same time I sometimes hate the attention I get from them. I really don't like random people talking to me that I don't know and i get a lot of random assholes that come up to me and aks me about my tattoos or use them as an excuse to hit on me. I still love my ink but I've gotten into the habit of wearing clothes that cover my tattoos so people wont ask me stupid questions about them like why I have the star of david tattooed on my chest when I clearly don't have that.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

When i lived in florida, i had a little graffiti crew.
    We called ourselves Heroz because it look really awesome when the piece of drawn out.
    I dont regret it.

But everyone is like "You know you are missing the E?"
    And i just laugh at them, and reply in my head "Do you understand i dont even have the s...its misspelled for a reason"

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    I was actually just talking about this with a photographer the other day. I don't regret any of my tattoos but at the same time I sometimes hate the attention I get from them. I really don't like random people talking to me that I don't know and i get a lot of random assholes that come up to me and aks me about my tattoos or use them as an excuse to hit on me. I still love my ink but I've gotten into the habit of wearing clothes that cover my tattoos so people wont ask me stupid questions about them like why I have the star of david tattooed on my chest when I clearly don't have that.
    ack! i hope im not one of those people. at least i'm not just a random stranger.

sometimes im really glad that i can, for the most part, hide my tattoos when i feel like it(the ones on my collarbones sometimes peek out of a tshirt though). i think i'd end up being too self conscious of having visible ink, like on my lower arms or wrists. it has probably stopped me from getting those kinds of locations done so far.

in fact, the only piece i have ever really gotten crap for is a very small one on my right hand. it consists of three black dots in a triangle in the area between my thumb and first finger. i got it back in high school and did it myself. i only learned afterwards about some of its meanings. i can't really say why i got it, or what it really meant to me. it just felt like it was supposed to be there...and im not sure if im going to even both to have it retouched after my cat scratched away one of the dots.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Sometimes people come up and ask me about my tattoos. I have banners with text on either arm, one in latin and one in Gaelic so people come up all the time and stare at me for a couple minutes before asking me about it. If I'm in a bad mood, or they don't seem like someone I feel like talking to, I'll tell them they mean "Don't talk to strangers." or "Don't ask questions."

Quote Originally Posted by toxicat
    I know that IS gross.

unless u have a victim as a family member, i can see ure point..otherwise..i cant

Iunno, I think murderer/rapist/clown is a pretty sweet combination.

I mean, you've got that whole 'clowns are scary' thing everybody's repeating these days, but that's kinda silly when most actual clowns are perfectly uninteresting people. A killer clown solves that problem, but is a horrible cliché in fiction, and every halfway-angsty teenage dullard of the last decade has done the 'serial killer idol' thing - face it, murder's always been a hip crime.

R4PE however, is pretty much the top-tier evil of the Escherian rostrum of contemporary morality. It gives the whole thing some edge, some of that actual honest in-your-face trolling power that clownhood so desperately lacks; and while real-life murderer/rapists are as common as fictional killer clowns, having all three in one is actually pretty unique.

So, good concept. Which is why people'll give you shit about it, of course. The two are inseparable.

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    ack! i hope im not one of those people. at least i'm not just a random stranger.
    Not at all! I ment more random people on the street who do it at inappropriate times like when I'm pumping gas and late for work, lol. I don't mind answering intelligent questions about my tattoos when I have the time but I am sick of hearing, "did that hurt" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    unless u have a victim as a family member, i can see ure point..otherwise..i cant
    I lot of people have been ***** or know someone who has been killed. A girl down the street from me was found dead with her unborn child cut out of her stomach. While I didn't know her personally it is very upsetting to know that that kind of shit is happening in my backyard. Personally I don't care what anyone wants to get tattooed on themselves, i just don't see the appeal in commemorating such vile acts and I can certainly see how it would be offensive to people who have dealt with such horrible crimes.

At one point i was debating getting the Death In June nazi death's head logo, but ultimately decided against it. I'm pretty sure that I would have caught a horrendous amount of shit for that one.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

No, but I do get sick of answering peoples lame questions about them, so I give really fucked up answers if I feel like it or am particularly cranky at the moment.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

So my stomach can only be upset if my family member was murdered by a serial killer?

+ Reply to Thread