+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you close your eyes during parts of movies?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you close your eyes during parts of movies?

Do you close your eyes or fast-forward during extreme parts of movies? If so, what will make you turn away or pick up the remote? Gore, needles, nudity, sex, kinky sex, homosexual sex, straight sex, pain, torture, particular sort of victim (cute kitten, kid, etc.), or ?

I love gangster movies. Forrest Black calls them thumb movies because he says someone always gets their thumb cut off in movies I select. Yet I look away or fast forward any torture scene which is long.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Do you close your eyes during parts of movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Do you close your eyes or fast-forward during extreme parts of movies? If so, what will make you turn away or pick up the remote? Gore, needles, nudity, sex, kinky sex, homosexual sex, straight sex, pain, torture, particular sort of victim (cute kitten, kid, etc.), or ?

I love gangster movies. Forrest Black calls them thumb movies because he says someone always gets their thumb cut off in movies I select. Yet I look away or fast forward any torture scene which is long.
    Hmmm...I didn't exactly "enjoy" Divine chewing on dog shit in "Pink Flamingos", but other than that...Really nothing.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i turned away during "Mist" when the bug things crawled out of the still alive guy's chest... but then i have a tendency to turn away when the chest bursters rip through ppl in Alien. mostly cause not seeing the whole thing is almost scarier than watching cheese ball special effects, but also cause "ewww". I also look away during any shot that actually shows needles entering flesh. But I don't fast fwd. I think the tension sort of makes the moment, even if i cant see it. to rob the movie of that tension sort of detracts from the director/editor's vision.

~K

Bedlamite

Actually, I really cringe when people do embarrassing stuff. I have to cover my eyes through 1/3 of I Love Lucy marathons. Its like, painful to watch at times.

I used to have PTSD so there were certain things that I had to turn away from to avoid flashbacks. I still don't watch excessive violence or any type of abuse towards animals because it's not worth it for me to risk a flash back.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    i turned away during "Mist" when the bug things crawled out of the still alive guy's chest... but then i have a tendency to turn away when the chest bursters rip through ppl in Alien. mostly cause not seeing the whole thing is almost scarier than watching cheese ball special effects, but also cause "ewww". I also look away during any shot that actually shows needles entering flesh. But I don't fast fwd. I think the tension sort of makes the moment, even if i cant see it. to rob the movie of that tension sort of detracts from the director/editor's vision.

~K
    What bothered me, is the dude killing is own son....And then living. THAT bothered me. That was fucked up.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Nope, I watch it all.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Eyes wide open, the whole way through!

Though, I'm told I can actually improve "The Spirit" by keeping my eyes closed from beginning to end... or just by not watching it at all.

and the porridge was just

i shut my eyes. yes. sometimes i even scream if something surprises me. actually i scream relatively often. i freak out the people i watch movies with

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i never look away
    my mum told me when i was a kid always watch a scary film all the way through cos any gross or gory scenes are always worse when left to the imagination and the bad guy usually loses in the end

toxicat's Avatar catty member

I do the same, Amelia!

+ Reply to Thread