+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BlueBloods Favorite Films

NothinButCult's Avatar Junior Member

Default BlueBloods Favorite Films

So maybe it's because I'm new but I didn't see a thread about your favorite films....
    I'm a self proclaimed movie buff and always trying to find something obscure, gorey, or just plain weird.....
    (big plus if they contain any of the following--> slasher, vamps, dolls, b-production, etc.)
    any suggestions and what's your favs?

and the porridge was just

Default Re: BlueBloods Favorite Films

the labyrinth
    pans labyrinth
    this is spinal tap
    dark crystal
    bowie rocks my socks

Zombies/Demons/Supernatural: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Demons, Bram Stokers' Dracula, Fright Night, Martin, An American Werewolf in London, Castle Freak, Demon Knight, Pet Sematary, Night of the Demons, The Video Dead, Creepshow, In the Mouth of Madness, It's Alive, The Funhouse, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Troll, The Toxic Avenger, Demonic Toys, The Thing, Critters, Lord of Illusions, Nightbreed, House, Ghoulies, Bad Taste, Hellboy, Edward Scissorhands, The Shining, Carrie, Bloodsucking Freaks

Slashers/Monsters: Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm St., Hellraiser, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, Leprechaun, Phantasm, Wishmaster, Pumpkinhead, Candyman, Sleepaway Camp, Jack Frost, Jaws, Predator, IT, Basket Case

Modern(ish) Horror: The Devil's Rejects, High Tension, Feast, Drag Me To Hell, The Descent, Black Sheep, The Hills Have Eyes, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer, Amityville Horror, Slither, Jeepers Creepers, Shaun of the Dead, May, Dagon, Cabin Fever, Ginger Snaps, Signs, Strangeland, Final Destination, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, The Nightmare Before Christmas

Asia: Ichi the Killer, Visitor Q, Tokyo Zombie, Battle Royale, Lone Wolf and Cub, Lady Snowblood, Audition, The Machine Girl, Tokyo Gore Police, Versus, Ringu, Gojira, Wild Zero, Meatball Machine, Bio Zombie, Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky, Gamera, Suicide Club, King Kong Escapes, War of the Gargantuas, Space Amoeba, Kairo: Pulse, Stacy, Varan the Unbelievable, Shutter

Italian Horror/Cannibal: The Beyond, The Gates of Hell, Nightmare City, Beyond the Darkness, Zombie Holocaust, Hell of the Living Dead, Burial Ground, The Living Dead Girl, After Death, House by the Cemetery, Tombs of the Blind Dead, Eaten Alive, Jungle Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox

Vincent Price: House of Wax, Pit and the Pendulum, The Tingler, House on Haunted Hill, Diary of a Madman, Witchfinder General, The Bat, The Last Man on Earth, Twice Told Tales, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Theater of Blood, Tales of Terror, Madhouse

Herschell Gordon Lewis/Exploitation: Blood Feast, Two Thousand Maniacs, Color Me Blood Red, The Gruesome Twosome, The Wizard of Gore, The Gore Gore Girls, A Bucket of Blood, Horrors of Spider Island, I Drink Your Blood

Classic Horror/Sci-Fi: Creature From the Black Lagoon, The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Phantom of the Opera, Nosferatu, The Invisible Man, Black Sunday, The Wicker Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Unknown, Vertigo, Psycho, Freaks, The Elephant Man, Gorgo, The Brain that Wouldn't Die, Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Black Scorpion, She-Wolf of London, Village of the Damned, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Destination Moon, The Time Machine, Forbidden Planet, King Kong, Robot Monster, The Day the Earth Stood Still, 7 Faces of Dr. Lao, The Lost World, Them, The Brain From Planet Arous

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Whatevers on cable on sunday morning, so I don't have to get out of bed.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Camille Claudel, Christiane F, Chutney Popcorn, Fire, Frida, Georgia, Green Snake, Hedwig, Les Ailes du Desir, Moulin Rouge, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Pi, Saving Face, Sid and Nancy, Stigmata, Velvet Goldmine, anything with Angelina Jolie or Isabelle Adjani...

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

As much as I love horror films, most of them have been named so far, so I'll be different and go the other way...

Duck Soup, A Day at the Circus (as well as all Marx Brothers films), Brain Donors, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Jerk. You know what, I'm just going to shorten the list... Bruce Campbell movies, early Steve Martin too.

I also have a respectable collection of old B movies with Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price, along with films like The Giant Gila Monster, Nightmare Castle, stuff like that. Also new B-movies, like the Ghost House Underground collections.

johnny's Avatar Sane.

Call me old fashioned but I do miss The Crow. Another one I really loved was Ran.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

If you like brutal revenge...I spit on your grave is a good one

I always liked dr. butcher md, nice gore flick there.......Jaobs ladder is pretty good

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Anything by Gregg Araki, but especially Doom Generation, NoWhere, Totally F**ked Up and The Living End.
    May was pretty decent
    And a buddy of mine is currently working on the remake of Plan 9 from Outer Space

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Meet the Feebles.
    Barton Fink
    Lair of the White Worm
    Hedwig and the angry inch
    Secretary

This week the films I watched too many times are Repo: the genetic Opera, Way of the Gun, Pan's Labrynth and Psycho Beach party.

Next week... who knows?

I know I am different and I do not fit in any mold here or anywhere. My favorite films are Milo and Otis, a Japanese animal film which is really excellant, ( I was once married to a Japanese man and my last name is a name of a a very beautiful Japanese island). Dancing with Wolves. The last and only man I had a real relationship, is a man who was in this film. ( He left me 4 and a half years ago and I have not had a relationship since) and I also love the 2 versions of Jane Ayers, ( she finally gets reunited with the man she reallty loves). Just the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    This week the films I watched too many times are Repo: the genetic Opera
    OMG yes. Repo = fantastic. A friend of mine got to meet and hang out with Graverobber /end jealous eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow View Post
    OMG yes. Repo = fantastic. A friend of mine got to meet and hang out with Graverobber /end jealous eyes.
    Repo has become like a cult phenomenon. They have 'shadowcasts' all over the country, even Canada. They have actors (sometimes the real ones) act out what's on the screen and the audience just yells out whatever they feel. It was quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Eric View Post
    Repo has become like a cult phenomenon. They have 'shadowcasts' all over the country, even Canada. They have actors (sometimes the real ones) act out what's on the screen and the audience just yells out whatever they feel. It was quite interesting.

I think it is interesting that the guys who put Repo together managed to craft something which functions so much like a cult phenomenon. Some people have fun with the movie but the phenomenon part is social engineering. I think talented people did a good job with it, but all the buzz about how a director with three number one hits couldn't get the studio to believe in it was carefully crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by incog View Post
    I think it is interesting that the guys who put Repo together managed to craft something which functions so much like a cult phenomenon. Some people have fun with the movie but the phenomenon part is social engineering. I think talented people did a good job with it, but all the buzz about how a director with three number one hits couldn't get the studio to believe in it was carefully crafted.
    Nah, none of my friends watch E! or even anything remotely related to "entertainment news television", and they are the ones who convinced me to watch a movie with paris hilton lol. So, I don't think it's as carefully crafted as you would assume. It's eye catching, well versed and has Tony Head and Nivek Ogre

But, back to the original poster's topic at hand, I thought of some more:

Fido
    A boy and his dog
    Boy eats girl
    Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Nah, none of my friends watch E! or even anything remotely related to "entertainment news television", and they are the ones who convinced me to watch a movie with paris hilton lol. So, I don't think it's as carefully crafted as you would assume. It's eye catching, well versed and has Tony Head and Nivek Ogre

Fido
    A boy and his dog
    Boy eats girl

I think there are plenty of people who just plain like the Repo movie. If I didn't think it was quality, I would not have published the feature Kellie LaPlegua and Benny Hell wrote on Repo for Blue Blood.

Just because the viral buzz behind something is fictional does not mean that the product itself is terrible. For example, a lot of people have spammed College Humor with links to their own stuff, but Tucker Max was successful at it because the members of that site found they were into his work. Tucker Max openly admits that he made multiple accounts on College Humor to all be sock puppets pretending to be fans of his work, so it is not like people initially taking note of him was wholly organic.

I'm going to have to agree with incog and say that, although I have not asked anyone I know who worked on it, I believe the viral "grass roots" marketing of Repo!: The Genetic Opera was absolutely extremely crafted. Personally, I prefer more honest and straightforward marketing, but a lot of people think they are too savvy for a proper banner ad or a legit interview and so they end up with a fake fan posting links and hype and standing in line like they care instead.

In California, the State Bureau of Alcohol prohibits banners advertising booze in many venues. So the alcohol companies (and sometimes soda companies) send hot women into the venues to pretend to loooooooove a particular brand.

Manufactured or not the songs are addictive and they got some killer talent. I spent the whole movie thinking how much better Sweeney Todd would have been if Anthony Head got the title role, and let's face it, I would watch Sarah Brightman reading her favorite passages from the phone book for an hour and a half.

I do wish they would have let Paul Sorvino sing a little more, he has a surprisingly compelling voice. Hell, even paris hilton was good in it. Turns out the part she was made for is a spoiled rich kid who can't sing.

And given a chance i would steal every piece of wardrobe the guys in that movie wore.

Fake buzz or not, the movie hit a lot of high points. Truth be told the premise sounded stupid to me until some showed me a clip of the Night Surgeon song.

Thanks for the many fine film recommendations...(especially Eric with that whopper of a list!)

On Tues and Wed. had some friends over and watched Lucio Fulci's 'Zombi2' which was bad ass and some old puppet master movies to catch up for the new one that is coming out (Puppet Master Axis Of Evil--excited). Last movie we watched was Nowhere (luckily I had an all region dvd player cause the copy I ordered was a 2 I think and I can't find a region 1 anywhere)...that is def one of my tried and true favs from the past.

Keep the suggestions rolling I'm a literal movie fanatic.

Fido
    A boy and his dog
    Boy eats girl
    Speaking of..also watched Fido yesterday after work on Netflix instant watch...that movie was great. And Repo...I know I'll get burned for this but Amber Sweet was actually one of my favorite characters..haha I liked the way she looked singing at the end with her face peeling off..hot stuff.

Copypasta!

-V for Vendetta
    -Party Monster
    -Sin City
    -Romero's 'o/t Dead' series
    -Matrix Trilogy
    -Planet Terror
    -Velvet Goldmine
    -Mad Max 2
    -Fight Club
    -The Lion King
    -Battle Royale
    -Return o/t Living Dead 1 & 3
    -Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
    -Ichi the Killer
    -REPO! The Genetic Opera
    -Tokyo Gore Police
    -Requiem for a Dream
    -Suicide Club
    -The Little Mermaid
    -Blood Feast
    -Silent Hill
    -Tetsuo: The Iron Man
    -Machine Girl
    -Nekromantik
    -Resident Evil 1 & 3
    -Tank Girl
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -Elfen Lied (Anime series, but whatever.)

There's many more movies that I've watched and enjoyed well enough, but these are my standing favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by NothinButCult View Post
    Speaking of..also watched Fido yesterday after work on Netflix instant watch...that movie was great. And Repo...I know I'll get burned for this but Amber Sweet was actually one of my favorite characters..haha I liked the way she looked singing at the end with her face peeling off..hot stuff.
    All of those should be on Netflix Instant right now In fact, I think only maybe one or two of the movies I mentioned AREN'T on netflix instant

Nobodys Hero's Avatar Junior Member

The Crow.
    A ClockWork Orange.
    SLC Punk.
    American Hardcore.
    Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
    The Return of the Living Dead.
    Kung Pow.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Drugstore Cowboy
    Love and a .45
    Easy Rider
    Heathers
    Sid and Nancy
    Bonnie and Clyde
    The Exorcist
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Muppets From Space
    Psycho
    I know there's more but I can't think of them all right now.

My favorite film is Milo and Otis, Jane Ayers and Dancing with Wolves. I just saw Dancing with Wolves tonight on TV. Ny ex, a Native American 100% Soiux Indian, who was the only REAL relationship, I have ever had, was in Dances with Wolves. He left me 4 and a half years ago for no known reason he could give me. I am still recovering and searching for a man who can come and be with me in a real relationship again. I would say Milo and Otis is my favorite movie.

Editing is difficult. Please forgive me, I just realized that I already replied here.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

female trouble
    pink flamingos
    ...those have to be my two favorites

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Copypasta!

-V for Vendetta
    -Party Monster
    -Sin City
    -Romero's 'o/t Dead' series
    -Matrix Trilogy
    -Planet Terror
    -Velvet Goldmine
    -Mad Max 2
    -Fight Club
    -The Lion King
    -Battle Royale
    -Return o/t Living Dead 1 & 3
    -Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
    -Ichi the Killer
    -REPO! The Genetic Opera
    -Tokyo Gore Police
    -Requiem for a Dream
    -Suicide Club
    -The Little Mermaid
    -Blood Feast
    -Silent Hill
    -Tetsuo: The Iron Man
    -Machine Girl
    -Nekromantik
    -Resident Evil 1 & 3
    -Tank Girl
    -Pirates of the Caribbean
    -Elfen Lied (Anime series, but whatever.)

There's many more movies that I've watched and enjoyed well enough, but these are my standing favorites.
    I just saw "Battle Royale" last week. Pretty good flick.

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey View Post
    As much as I love horror films, most of them have been named so far, so I'll be different and go the other way...

Duck Soup, A Day at the Circus (as well as all Marx Brothers films), Brain Donors, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Jerk. You know what, I'm just going to shorten the list... Bruce Campbell movies, early Steve Martin too.

I also have a respectable collection of old B movies with Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price, along with films like The Giant Gila Monster, Nightmare Castle, stuff like that. Also new B-movies, like the Ghost House Underground collections.
    Hell yeah, I definitely love horror movies to the max but I love love love the Marx Brothers. Duck Soup is my favorite one. I have the collection. Night at the Opera is fantastic, especially with the famous small room scene where Groucho keeps having all the people come in until they pile out. hehe

+ Reply to Thread