+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tattoo artist loyalty

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Default tattoo artist loyalty

how loyal are you to your inkslinger.

there are those who will never go to another person again.

there are those who don't give a shit who they go to as long as they get what they want done.

personally i will go to the artist who i choose for the style of tatt i want (i have 3 designs in the works one is solid black one is black wit shading and one is a full color piece i have an artist for each style that i will get when i am ready which is a totally different story that if you want to hear PM me)

SO.. how loyal are you?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: tattoo artist loyalty

After Paul Booth, I would never go to anyone else.... Sigh....

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Whit the wizard (tye dye tattoo) he's like an uncle to me,ive known him almost my whole life,my mom used to get quite a few tats from him ,my sisteer as well and we were oftern there when i was growning up,hes the greatest

i'll still drive?fly all the way back to TN to get ink done buy him,,,

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I realized after a few, that some have better technical skill. Less scarring, more even ink, etc... So since I design all my own stuff, I stick with the person with the best technical skill. But if I was looking for a particular style, I'd find the best *artist* in that style. A lot of people can do tattoos. But not all of them are really great artists. Always look at their portfolios...

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

My tattoo guy is awesomw. I won't go to anyone else. His name is Jaime and he works at Body Art Tattoo in Mesa AZ, go give him some business.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I jump artists. I havent found an artist that can do everything I want. Every artist has a style. That and I get tired of some artists not caring if they finish me, or do a crappy job, I still havent found *the* artist. I am excited though, however, to be getting work done by Rick Godsey at Club Tattoo. I figure I should get something there considering my fiance started the place up;p

northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    After Paul Booth, I would never go to anyone else.... Sigh....
    please correct me if i am wrong but isn't mr booth known for being quite a picky artist in that he won't do any tatt's that don't fit into his style of gore/fantasy/dark type stuff...(or so the rumor goes)

but say the rumor is true and you wanted to get something like a portrait of a pet or kid or something/anything would you then go to someone else...(just playing devils advocate)

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I would love to go to Paul Booth, but until then, I stck to my artist here.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I am along for the ride on deathnight for this one, I look at thier technical ability and not only that I talk to them so ic an figure them out and waht matters most to them especially when you design your own stuff you want somone who respects your abilty, if you have it and if something isn't quite rght correct it and make it look better, when it comes to the reproduction I know paper and skin are two different things but I still want it close to perfection, I didn't stay up nighst drawing and drinking coffee and listening to music to have it get botched up...the havent' created an eraser for tattoos and so I expect a higher level of perfectionism and proffesionalism...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Exactly... This one idiot tattoo artist was looking at my backpiece drawing, and she went to make the transfer, and just traced the 8.5x11 drawing, and assumed that was what was going on my back. I was like, "No, you idiot, this image is supposed to cover my whole back..." It was not like it was not clear. She just wasn't listening... Now that I found someone that got good detail, good darkness, and no scarring, I am sticking with them. One of my early tattoos took weeks to stop bleeding, hurt like hell while it was being done, scarred really bad, and the detail faded quite a bit. So you can really have a bad experience if you use a bad tattoo artist. Do not go with a cheap or inexperienced artist, unless you are just getting a butterfly on your butt...

ANJ134's Avatar Junior Member

My first tattoo was done by my close friend Robin. Having sold his equipment before my next tattoo so I went to Pauline and NuSkool in ewell. I had already seen some of her work on other friends.
    My recent tattoo on my wrist was done by an awesome guy called Mark based in croydon who has 2 studios. He was lovely and made one of my friends orgasm when he tattooed her hip. Regretfully I didn't orgasm but the tattoo was lovely. I met Mark's sister Gail, she is a tattoo artist and trained him up to. Lovely guys will hopefully stick with them for furture. although my housemate is nowing training up to tattoo, so whose to say who inks me next.

thedeadcanbmx's Avatar Member

gunner "gods and monsters my" little bro "good luck working in japan" and the cage tatoo "kids i ride bikes with" much love.........holla

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

I would have stuck with my original artist... but since he went on a killing spree and was executed by firing squad in Utah, it's not quite possible.

And my second artist retired and now owns a bar somewhere in Colorado.

But being in a city of hundreds of excellent artists, I'm sure I will find one to my liking... soon... and hopefully will stick with one.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeadcanbmx
    gunner "gods and monsters my" little bro "good luck working in japan" and the cage tatoo "kids i ride bikes with" much love.........holla
    i have no problem admitting that i did not understand one sing bit of that jive you be speaking except holla.

thedeadcanbmx's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    i have no problem admitting that i did not understand one sing bit of that jive you be speaking except holla.
    ? uh yeah .....

+ Reply to Thread