+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ever feel like no one understands you?

Default Ever feel like no one understands you?

whatcha think?

Default Re: Ever feel like no one understands you?

no...

I typically feel like no one understands anything, and I'm the least of their worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I typically feel like no one understands anything, and I'm the least of their worries.
    That is exactly how I feel too.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, 90% of the people in the world have their own little focused agendas, and only care about their job, their family, and their own personal goals in life. Very few people even try to understand other human beings, or the truth about the world around them. Most people are very self-centered. Even those who say they feel alone, or misunderstood, do they try to understand where other people are coming from? I think that's the big breakthrough most people need to make. To realize that everyone has a different childhood, different experiences, and a different understanding of what life is about. Some guy living in the jungle of Brazil is going to have a totally different idea of what life is about than you do. So we all need to work to understand why we are different from others, and what is actually the best way to live your own life, and get along with other people.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I've never cared.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I pretty much couldn't give a crap. What I don't like though, is people putting words in my mouth or misunderstanding what I have to say, in a bad way, which basically equates to the same thing.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Yea, I'm pretty sure no one fully understands me, but then again, I don't understand people either.
    Is it really necessary anyway?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I don't think most people understand each other until they fully known the other person. People are the way they are for a reason, until you know that reason, people just won't understand.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I don't understand me..............why would anyone else?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Nope, I'm completely understood. At least, understood enough to the point that people stopped asking, and that's what's really important.

So what one lacks in coherence can be compensated for by being uninteresting?

So that's how people get by...

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Most of the time, when a person is "misunderstood," it's because they haven't communicated their ideas effectively enough, whether because there's an honest communication gap or because the communicator is intentionally trying to alienate their audience. Fortunately for me, communication is just one item on that list of things at which I excel. Plus - credit where credit is due - there are no morons in the collection of people with whom I regularly communicate.

Behavior-wise: sure, there are probably plenty of people who've given me weird looks when I do things like blow kisses to road-ragers, nuzzle tarantulas, or stand under electrified storm clouds with my arms raised... but then, I gave that old lady on the #9 bus a rather weird look the first time I overheard her having a three-way argument with herself about canned salmon. Nowadays, I eagerly anticipate her entertaining presence on the public transportation circuit!

Besides, if everyone in the world understood one another fluently (even those who speak the same language), where would be the curious differences that provide us with reasons to converse? Misunderstandings encourage communication! (That is, when neither member of the conversation is determined either to misunderstand or to be misunderstood. There are still those "types" who didn't quite graduate high school even when they accepted their diploma.)

+ Reply to Thread