+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jarboe in Minneapolis 12/19 (And where we are now)

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Jarboe in Minneapolis 12/19 (And where we are now)

Poster by Chad Savage. I dug it so reckoned I'd share. You should all check out his work. I've never been a happier consumer Hope to see the Minnesotans onboard at the show. Nae is my girlfriend. We ended up back in Pittsburgh. Will be a fun "curtain call" though. Will write more later. Doing events was fun. You do have to be able to withstand the heat though. Lot of haters out there.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: Jarboe in Minneapolis 12/19 (And where we are now)

I hope I have the weekend off!

Sorry to add what might be construed as more hating (under a broad definition!), but I've seen that top font to absolute death on fliers. To me it calls out "poorly attended would-like-to-be-classic-goth-but-has-to-take-whatever-it-can-get event that'll mostly feature middle aged guys with beers in black band shirts".

I wouldn't bother changing your flyering based on my reaction though, if it were ever within your sphere of influence to begin with. It's probably based on a chain of local events organised by the same two or so people, which would give it little relevance to anything outside of the netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Sorry to add what might be construed as more hating (under a broad definition!), but I've seen that top font to absolute death on fliers. To me it calls out "poorly attended would-like-to-be-classic-goth-but-has-to-take-whatever-it-can-get event that'll mostly feature middle aged guys with beers in black band shirts".
    I see your home-made-slashes the same way. I kid, I kid.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Well anyways, it's nice to be back. Hope everyone is well.

+ Reply to Thread