+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?!?!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?!?!

What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?!?! Ya know, like a girl who made you come like a fountain/volcano (depending on gender) but you aren't sure about acknowledging in front of your friends?

Default Re: What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?!?!

Wham! With : Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

Aqua, with most of their songs.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?!?!

I dunno...with so many bands being one hit wonders these days it's hard to remember.

I will admit ole' Britney had a catchy tune with "Toxic".

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I like Britny's voice. Horrifying I suppose but true.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I like Britny's voice. Horrifying I suppose but true.

Sometimes DyingSunshine makes me listen to some Emo music, only sometimes...

and sometimes... I like it.

I like this band called the Anniversary and I like how Akaline Trio covers Metro by Berlin. Older Saves the Day is cool too.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Recently I've been into Tom Waits, NIN (again), Beck, and the Matrix 1 soundtrack. However, I'm not ashamed, as I vowed to myself in high school that I'd never be ashamed of liking something or being my freaky ass self again .

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Well Gene got me front row center and backstage passes at Madison Square Garden for KISS, and I tell you, that was SO GREAT... I wore these black wings and this crystal bra top and G-string, and the whole band sang every song to me. Just the energy of that huge crowd and the arena was such a thrill. It really inspired me to do The Nuns again.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

macy gray, never heard of this girl before so i was curious to see her live(i was working security for the concert) man oh man did she blow me away...her songs were decent not my style but not bad either ... but the passion she put into performing... its been awhile since i have seen someone so totally enthralled in the performance.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I've really strained to try and think of a group that I would be ashamed to admit to liking, and had to go way, way back to a group called Slade - which is still going in the UK - and mention going to see one of their films as a youngster which I thought was great. The film has, deservedly, vanished into the pit where all such films end up.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

A few country bands/groups - whatever...i just recently started telling everyone that I was raised on it and alot of the new country stuff is pretty "rock bandish", so I guess I was thinking that it was fine to start telling some...lol

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Bon Jovi....haha! Back in the day.

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

Things like kidneythieves, HIM and Marilyn manson till Dark funeral or Dark tranquility.... they're what I'll never talk to my friends about....

Kool and the Gang -=- Summer Madness....
    I remeber the Gang from when I was a younster in the skating rinks...Cant deny my past and cant burry it...

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Default Re: What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?

Bon Jovi and Survivor. Great shit. I'm actually not too embarassed -- kitsch is cool, baby.

I aint ashamed to admit it, I saw Neil Diamond awhile back and he totally rocked. Old ladies were throwing panties! He totally was getting his mack on with the crowd.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

whats so bad about bon jovi ?they kick ass the band ive been in the closet about is journey

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

offspring

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Default Re: What band rocked your world recently, but you ought to be ashamed to admit today?

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    offspring
    Oh, that's a good one. they're basically the 90s version of Bon Jovi.

Huntsab's Avatar Junior Member

The Wurzels

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I have a tape of Ignition...thier second full release on Epitaph, just before Smash.....reminds me of better days.

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

The Corrs. Don't ask me why.

+ Reply to Thread