+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help! stolen identity

Default help! stolen identity

I could really use some help right now. Someone has stolen a bunch of my photos and is pretending to be me on fetlife.com. I messaged them about it and their response was they admitted I was who I said I was but didn't care and were still going to let this other person pretend to be me. So if you are on fetlife.com can you please post a comment somewhere on this person's profile saying they are a fake and using stolen photos: http://fetlife.com/users/272709

I am hoping that maybe with enough harassment they will be removed. I wouldn't even be so upset except for the fact that they are saying I'm 35, WTF, do I really look that old?

Default Re: help! stolen identity

Thats pretty creepy. Why would they use someone elses photos?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I had the same problem on fubar aka cherrytap for the longest time. I eventually sent a DMCA notice to the owners and they HAD to remove the photos.

The person was not just using my photos, but stole some of my kid and had photos of someone fucking a dog, saying it was her (who was trying to be me). Ugh. Made me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow View Post
    I had the same problem on fubar aka cherrytap for the longest time. I eventually sent a DMCA notice to the owners and they HAD to remove the photos.

The person was not just using my photos, but stole some of my kid and had photos of someone fucking a dog, saying it was her (who was trying to be me). Ugh. Made me sick.
    Wow that is way creepier.

I got the problem solved so you guys can basically ignor this thread. I'm still pissed at fetlife for not being at all helpful but it turned out the profile was created by someone at wasteland to promote the site and he was nice enough to remove any pics showing my face so people wont think it's me.

Wasteland is a fetish-related site?

It's also a major fetish party here. I wonder if the two are related.

Aaanyway, having your pics used by someone pretending to be you is going to happen to anyone with decent photos of themselves on the internets. It's kindof pathetic, but not really threatening; 'identities' encompass a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Wasteland is a fetish-related site?

It's also a major fetish party here. I wonder if the two are related.

Aaanyway, having your pics used by someone pretending to be you is going to happen to anyone with decent photos of themselves on the internets. It's kindof pathetic, but not really threatening; 'identities' encompass a lot more than that.
    It's one of the largest BDSM sites in the US, I don't think they have any association with the party but I could be wrong on that.

I've had photos stolen before and you're right, it's not really threatening but is very annoying. In this case it was causing some confusion since I am active in the local fetish scene so some of the people I have meet at fetish parties saw this profile and thought I had moved since the person had that I was located in chicago.

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had that same problem has happened to me in the past with my content and i ended up reporting that person.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's usually ugly people who don't have good photos of themselves, so they browse online for photos they like, to put on their profile. Sometimes it's just laziness, and people just look for photos, without realizing those are of an actual person, who may not want their pics used on someone else's profile...Usually once you confront them about it they will take them down. And probably replace them with pics of someone else! Haha!

I remember a girl I talked to online sent me pictures of "herself" and sent cut out pictures of Emily Autumn the musician. What a loser.

and the porridge was just

ohh boy i am so glad that hasnt happened to me i see people talk about it every so often.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Shitty, I can offer no real help cause I'm not a member of that site. But I've had a girl steal my photos and some with me and my man once, not for herself, but I saw she had put them up on her web-site as me being her best friend!!! After I messeged her a few times she eventually took em down. Crazies!

Quote Originally Posted by KessM View Post
    ohh boy i am so glad that hasnt happened to me i see people talk about it every so often.
    It'll happen to you eventually. Might have happened without you knowing already.

Just don't worry about it. The internet is a smaller place than it seems; people doing this are always found out, and if they've got any emotional involvement with what they're doing they end up paying the price. It doesn't even requrie any action on your part.

DarioLaVey's Avatar Member

well... my name was also stolen years before by someone on *******! but i found this geek. he's a fag! but thats just a name - and what happend to her is a crime! hey leila, i would try to contact the admin of fetlife himself and tell him about the thief who stole your pictures!

(sorry for my bad english!!!)

You'd like to report a stolen name?

Alright, Mr. LaVey. We'll look right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioLaVey View Post
    well... my name was also stolen years before by someone on *******! but i found this geek. he's a fag! but thats just a name - and what happend to her is a crime! hey leila, i would try to contact the admin of fetlife himself and tell him about the thief who stole your pictures!

(sorry for my bad english!!!)
    In my very first post I mentioned that I DID contact the admin of fetlife and that they admitted I was who I said I was but were still going to let the other person use my photos. But it doesn't matter now, i resolved the issue myself.

DarioLaVey's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You'd like to report a stolen name?

Alright, Mr. LaVey. We'll look right into it.
    What do you mean with this? I can't translate it. Sorry!
    But it's just my real name and someone else used it years ago on another website.

+ Reply to Thread