+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do You Eat Meat?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do You Eat Meat?

Are you a vegetarian? How strict are you? Do you eat dairy products, eggs, fish? Or just eat everything?

I try to eat mostle raw foods and some lowfat dairy, but it is really hard to do all time. I do get weak and dizzy. But I never have sugar, and that is good to avoid, also additives.

Last night I cracked and ate this HUGE steak and a baked potatoe with tons of butter!! God it was so wonderful....I inhaled that meal.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Do You Eat Meat?

hell yeah i eat meat, to bad you missed my tastiest animal thread http://www.blueblood.net/boards/showthread.php?t=966

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

I could not live without my bacon espcially after a night out bacon is a good hangover cure

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i live on meat....i hate vegetables and i eat any kind of meat really can never understand vegetarians or vegans but well done to anyone who is one and sticks to it your braver than me....i couldent miss roast dinners

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

i am a strict vegetarian... first i was a vegan, but now i try to eat eggs and shit with milk in it... tough i find that quite difficult :\

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I could not not live without eating all the delicious animals of the world. I just can't buy into the vegetarian mentality.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

hmmm..i don't eat any meat from a cow or a pig...but eat chicken LOTS! couldn't be fully vegetarian..i eat hardly any vegetables...i live mostly on bread and pasta

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

eating animals is fun esp if theyre still alive

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

I tried to be a vegetarian...several times, but i lack the willpower

ANJ134's Avatar Junior Member

vegan all the way. was vegetarian from the age of 12. then became vegan at 16.
    and i feel healthier and my energized than ever :-)
    however my boyfriend is a meat eater...so as i always say each to their own

xxx

What can I say more?

serbian barbecue rules!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I understand vegeterians aversion to meat, because of the cruelty of how animals are raised, killed, etc. They have a crappy life, and it sucks. I'm behind them on that issue. I also think it is healthy to eat veggies. But you will find it hard to convince me that it is not natural for animals to eat other animals. That is what is normal in nature. Not only that, the killing is often cruel. Ever seen lions eat a Cape Buffalo alive from the ass end? It screams and cries, as it is eaten alive, over a pretty long timeframe. We are not nearly as cruel as nature can be. And I think it is normal to eat meat, and to kill. But I totally understand that people do not like to see animals suffer. It is not nice. But what kind of world would you like? One where we feed lions soy products flavored like antelope? Where old animals are painlessly euthanized? Where no one ever scrapes their knee? People have this huge aversion to pain and suffering, and they want to spare the animals from any pain. I understand. They are cute an innocent. But that is not reality. Life is cruel, harsh, and painful, and animals kill and eat other animals. And we are one of those animals, who cares more about eating, than we do about the suffering of the other creature. The same as most other animals. They do not care about anything but their rumbling belly. So they eat something. That's just the way it is... But if people want to be vegeterians, I am all for it. There is nothing wrong with it. And I support healthier diets, and less cruelty in the animal harvesting industry. But I eat meat, and have no problem with that...

But if all of us stop eatting cows there would not be any cows around because I never seen a cow in the wild

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

ive been a vegiterian sine i was born(into a vegi family) if always been preety good abaout occosianlly some puoltry and sometimes good sushi with a lot of wasabi just does me good

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I love meat. I rarely eat anything else. Its good for you.

If its an issue with additives and cruelty, there is always the places you can buy from that only carry organic meats. The animals are raised and loved on a small farm, and are killed humanely and quickly...no suffering. They do not feed additives or add it in the meat. Of course you pay a pretty penny for it, but you can REALLY tell the difference in quality.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Pure vegitarian here, not vegan though, I like my eggs but thats as close as I come to meat... No poultry, fish, pork or anything that bleeds, except for the ladies...

DPietz's Avatar Member

It is all about the Double-Bacon-Cheese Burgers

~D

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

mmmm, meat ! I looooove steak! Rare and bloody, as always!

Yes yes yes. What will life be without a nice big bloody steak.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

All about the Jack-In-The-Box burgers... anything with bacon and cheese, even though they were once owned by Ralston-Purina... I figure it's all good, my dogs were always healthy on their product line.

Even if that's not your thing, their parent company (no longer the dog food company) owns a convenience store Quick Stuff... or they even own Qdoba Mexican Grill if a more healthy approach is what you're looking for -they have the best naked burritos EVER-

But being in a city with an outstanding asian population, there are some wonderful sushi bars and Chinese eateries to choose from as well as Korean and Japanese... about a billion PHO noodle places Not to mention just about every groccery store has there own oriental section and most have their brand sushi. Still can't beat Bento, 16 pc sushi tray for $7... made fresh for you while you wait.

My grandparents had a poultry farm and well... even as nasty as chickens are, they still taste good. But then again my family has always hunted... so growing up I've had everything from bear, moose, goose, duck, alligator, rattlesnake, elk, the ever tasty white tail deer and pretty much everything in between. Still like veggies.. but gotta have the meat... very much the carnivore "nahnahnah" when it comes to dinner... and omnisexual otherwise (THANKS AMELIA... now you have ME saying it... hehehe)

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

You ate alligator and rattlesnake? Wait, don't tell me... It takes just like chicken?

I cracked and had steak again last night. I had steak two nights in a row and gained 5 pounds!!! Oh well, it was worth it.

Oh, bacon, I miss bacon.... Bacon cheeseburgers with chili... I am a trying to be vegen food voyeur. I just think about the food I should not be eating.

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Rare bloody meat........as much as I can get. If I tried to be a vegetarian it would last like 12 hours and then the cravings would hit me.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    You ate alligator and rattlesnake? Wait, don't tell me... It takes just like chicken?

I cracked and had steak again last night. I had steak two nights in a row and gained 5 pounds!!! Oh well, it was worth it.

Oh, bacon, I miss bacon.... Bacon cheeseburgers with chili... I am a trying to be vegen food voyeur. I just think about the food I should not be eating.
    I dont understand how you gained weight off of two steaks, especially that much. Maybe right after you eat, but thats why the Atkins Diet is so successful, because meat doesnt contain very many properties that make you gain. Youd have more chances of gaining weight off of a sandwich with white bread than you do one steak. So weird.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I don't eat much meat usually. I have had rattlesnake and it was ok. A little greasy for my taste. Same with gator. Although I liked the gator a little more.

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I don't eat much meat usually. I have had rattlesnake and it was ok. A little greasy for my taste. Same with gator. Although I liked the gator a little more.

Rattlesnake is better as a jerky... much better dried. And gator in Cajun jumbalya is soooo very tastee.

And it only taste like chicken if that's what you convince yourself it taste like, they say humans taste like chicken...
    I'm still not convinced.
    I would say more like pork.. but think that has to do with diet.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

An ex of mine was vegan and even though she ahd no problem with me eating meat, I just ended up dropping it from my diet....until Christmas here dad was rancher up in High Pariare Alberta, He hda all organic beef..it was Christmas ad I thought hey why not? oh man did I suffer....I dunno what it was but I was a walking biohazard bomb for a while....so I decided I would go back to being vegan....it was because Ididn't have the enzymes to break the meat protien down I am guessing....I was really losing wieght though whihc was good but I always felt a bit weak. When moved back to Ontario I stated eating meat again....but I was putting on the pounds so I had to really deal with my diet...I love meat of any type...and I love cooking steaks for people..'cause people say i am good at it and they enjoy them..whihc makes me so stoked. As for a question way back about what would happen if we didn't eat cows.....I am sure bears and cougars would....

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

and how can you respect an animal that lets you tip it over?

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    mmmm, meat ! I looooove steak! Rare and bloody, as always!
    Actually, rare is a good idea. It's a tough choice with meat, dairy, and vegetables to decide whether to cook them or eat them as raw as possible. If you cook them, you kill most of the germs but on the down side you denature all the enzymes which are essential for good health. Eh, it's a give and take, what can you do?

To answer the thread I'm not a vegitartian but I do eat mostly fruits and veggies. I try to stay away from doughy stuff 'cuz it's much harder on your body to digest. (I eat the same way I drive, like an old man!)

nothing like the smell of a fresh kill,watchin the life drain from the eyes
    is like birth in a way.if it moves slower than me and I'm hungry......

FRESH MEAT

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

damn.............. I need a steak........ damn dorm food

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I am half Yup'ik (type of eskimo for those of you in the south of Alaska area) and that's kinda all there is around here, so, yes. I eat meat like a meat eating kinda bastard. Actually, there isn't much that I don't eat (heeheeheee....) except for hominy. That is some messed up stuffs there, victor.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

due to the massive excercise routine i couldn't possible survive on that much soy... i likes me some meat. but over the last few years (the less sports i do the more i have to watch what i eat) i totally had to relearn how to eat. teaching my body to eat/like vegies and just eating smaller meals in general at my peak i used to eat 6 slices of pizza without questioning now i 3 will usually fill me up good. but yeah it was hard but now i try to make meat the side dish and vegies the main course(purely for calorie/health reasons)

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I do not eat any red meat : Steak makes me sick to my stomach and I get massive headaches when I eat it. (I have been red meat free for close to 7 years). I still eat a lot of fish/poultry and fruits and vegetables, as well as grains, legumes, etc and sometimes a little bit of dairy products.

I am so tired of hearing LOW CARB everywhere I go. You need some kind of carbohydrates in your diet. That Atkins hype is extremely irritating. I mean the founder died of a massive cardiac attack. Why would anyone wanna go on that type of diet?

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I don't eat much meat. I don't eat much. Usually, I go straight from school to work and work nine hours. Doesn't leave much time to think about food.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I've been a vegetarian for most of my life, that means since I was 13. I have no problem living without meat and meat products, fish and the other things that meat eaters revel in. I have no problem with other people eating their choice of food, and would never force another person to eat what I eat, although people did try to force me to eat meat when I originally went vegetarian. I don't miss meat now; often I find that the smell of a burning body (heh) will turn my stomach. I've cooked for others many times, and cooked especially vegetarian meals without telling my guests that there is no meat involved; no one has ever, ever noticed the difference.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by K_SyniculOne
    I do not eat any red meat : Steak makes me sick to my stomach and I get massive headaches when I eat it. (I have been red meat free for close to 7 years). I still eat a lot of fish/poultry and fruits and vegetables, as well as grains, legumes, etc and sometimes a little bit of dairy products.

I am so tired of hearing LOW CARB everywhere I go. You need some kind of carbohydrates in your diet. That Atkins hype is extremely irritating. I mean the founder died of a massive cardiac attack. Why would anyone wanna go on that type of diet?
    So, can you please post those medical records for us? I mean you say with such certainty that he died from his own diet, you must know something we dont! I eat potatoes for my carbs, as bread makes me sick. I also drink alot of beer, so Im well pumped full of carbs. BUT, meat IS good for you, low carb or not. You get sick and headaches because you have lost the enzyms you need to digest red meat. It makes me feel energized and I love the taste.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

Ooh many apologies for my jumping to conclusions.. if you like to eat red meat, that is fine and dandy for you. For me, it makes me sick to my stomach and causes vomiting. Ever hear of an allergic reaction to certain foods?).

FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES, Jax, on a site called The Smoking Gun, the death certificate was published on there stating "the 'immediate cause' of Atkins's death last April was 'blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma'. He was critically injured when he struck his head in a fall on an icy Manhattan street."

Evidently, he was obese, and with the probability of his being overweight, having hypertension, he could (but didnt) have died of a heart attack in a matter of time. (Wasn't this thread focusing on eating red meat? I didn't realize I had to actually do research and enter a realm of specificity).

Again, sincerest apologies to anyone I have offended. Peace.

Poisondove's Avatar Member

I thought I was going to have to become one,
    once I started my AniSci degree...but
    *no* we got lectured on how it was our duty to support the industry...

go figure.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Mmm, meat...

I love meat, delicous cut pork chops, ribs, philly cheese steak. I also love cheeses and salads as well. Ceaser style salads with feta and chopped fresh tomatos and croutons are DELICIOUS!

Omnivore, plain and true.

+ Reply to Thread