+ Reply to Thread

Thread: when you've booked a bitch

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Default when you've booked a bitch

So what do you do when you've booked a bitch? According to one of the other musicians, she really wanted on the bill. So after checking out her music profile, I obliged. Tonight they both picked me up and took me to see them play, and she was alternately neutral, passive-aggressive and verbally abusive. So maybe she was stressed? I mean she DID hold us all up on the way out arguing with her bf on the phone, which is never any fun for anyone. Maybe I was just a scapegoat and it was nothing personal? I responded to each rude comment with (apparently) nonchalant silence. My friend defended me. It was so bad I asked her to please let me out of the car to walk home, giving her gas money (and then some) first, and using my stomach cramps as an excuse to stand up.
    So what do I do now? The gig means a lot to her...but what if it happens again? Will I be able to bite my tongue next time?.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: when you've booked a bitch

unless it's making you a nice return, no reason to put up with someones shit for nothing

I don't think you should bite your tongue if she is being outright mean or verbally abusive. Let her know that her behavior is unacceptable and if the gig does mean that much to her should should be able to be nice to he people she has to work with.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

OK, got an apology but she can't make the show, anyway. Problem solved!
    Thanks for your input.

+ Reply to Thread