Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello Blueblood!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Hello Blueblood!

Hi!
    That must have been the longest December of my life. :p

It's good to be back.

Just in time for me to post new pics here as soon as I get a minute long enough to load them.

~K

Default Re: Hello Blueblood!

Yo.

Yeah; we'll have to wait and see how many of the old regulars find their way back over the next few weeks. I was just about to drop the link from my main bookmarks list when the color scheme changed, myself. =/

Glad it's back though. I enjoy having a counterculture-relevant forum to hang out on. I tried gothic.net, but that place was kinda mean-spirited and not so much fun.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Well hello! And how have you all been?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Feels good to be back. I kept checking in every month or so wondering if it would ever be back

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Agreed, that was a long wait, but distance makes the heart grow fonder!

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

yay! glad to see it back up. i missed the forums and all who post on them! it was like a whole part of the interweb was missing.

This is a good news. It will be good to see everyone.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Hey fuckers!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

It's good to see the forum is back online.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

What's up bitches?!
    It's nice to see you all; I'll have to alert Mg. I hope voldta comes back.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

I guess Kae's presence pretty much denotes mine... but I might as well wave while I'm here.

*wave*

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Greets! Nice to see everyone rolling back in.

I suppose I was being pessimistic. =)

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I tried gothic.net, but that place was kinda mean-spirited and not so much fun.
    Really? I’d have thought that that forum would have suited you perfectly. They talk at length about radical-leftist ideologies and they have an entire section dedicated to Goth fashion. The music section is self-contained so you’d easily have been able to ignore it entirely.

The fashion forum was decent, but the population at large spent far too much time telling one another off on petty and subjective shit. Most threads felt like everybody just wanted to prove they were the most mature/most proper goth.

I kinda feel like the counterculture community should stick together, y'know? Hating on somebody because they like cyber and you like old school goth is just stupid, and altogether not an improvement over the narrow mindedness of the mainstream public. There's not that many of us, so people that try anything out of the ordinary at all should be encouraged or at least left to do their thing among those that do appreciate it. But that place felt like everybody was so used to being hated on that they themselves secretly loathed goth-ness, and would jump on the slightest difference to externalize that feeling as being to blame on a different 'kind' of goth.

Exiled

I kinda feel like the counterculture community should stick together, y'know?
    Okay Amelia.

Lol. Touché. But I'm not telling people to go hand their money to whichever big pop-culture industry is adding a pinch of dark to their latest product, or to vote Adam Lampert in 2012. I can dig sophisticated ideological differences and respect people that stand by them when that means contradicting someone from your own crowd.

My problem with that place is that it was all so freaking petty, like people arguing over who had the right to call themselves fat.

Exiled

Hello Keiko Im a big fan of you! Youre so hot, I wanna to get boobies implants too soon, maybe I'll post a few pics to see what you all think of me

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

It's Great to See BB forums back up & open again after the Long winters sleep,
    I Tried several times since the beginning of 2010 but SITE was Closed..

- an' GREAT to see all the old Faces an' warm blood(s) I Use to know

BIG HUGS, & Sweetly Crimsoned Kisses out to
    "KEIKO", "ATHENA", "AMELIA", "VoltaireBlue", "SyntheticShock", "mystoo",
    and Everyone too.
    ':-])

Exiled

The fashion forum was decent, but the population at large spent far too much time telling one another off on petty and subjective shit. Most threads felt like everybody just wanted to prove they were the most mature/most proper goth.

I kinda feel like the counterculture community should stick together, y'know? Hating on somebody because they like cyber and you like old school goth is just stupid, and altogether not an improvement over the narrow mindedness of the mainstream public. There's not that many of us, so people that try anything out of the ordinary at all should be encouraged or at least left to do their thing among those that do appreciate it. But that place felt like everybody was so used to being hated on that they themselves secretly loathed goth-ness, and would jump on the slightest difference to externalize that feeling as being to blame on a different 'kind' of goth.
    That place sucks, they are basically a bunch of stupid kids afraid of women, I had an account there too a while ago and they started picking on me from the very first day just because im hot, female and I don't take shit from anybody, someone even stole my profile pic and made a fake account with my pictures, they are just cutters and losers.

Yeah, some of that is my fault at G.net.

Do I flame those that identify as alternative? Yep. But it's because identifying as such sets a boundary between one and their fellow man. As people, we already have enough separations and borders amongst ourselves without having to indulge in "counter" culture.

What I rail against is those looking for a place to belong when in reality, they belong amongst their fellow humans. We are nothing more than that.

As well, I would say that I indulge in DIY to a nice degree as does many at G.net. The fact is, we at G.net demand others to be real and honest. None of us that's been there for a while could honestly say with a straight face that we are a "goth". Do we tend to listen excessively to Siousxie and Christian Death? You bet. Do we wear excessive amounts of band patches or DIY clothing? Sure. But the fact remains that we at G.net are all people who happen to ENJOY Goth rock, deathrock, industrial, and punk. But none of us would be able to say we are GOTH or alternative to begin with. It's simply more honest to say, "Hi. I'm me and these are the things I like."

As for the cyber stuff that gets railed at there, it's true. A lot of us DO rail against it because what purpose does it serve beyond decorum and costuming? Is it not more practical and functional to don a W.A.S.T.E tee shirt and some pants than to go out of your way to ensure that every cyber fall is in place? What if you only cyber up to the nines at the clubs? What's the point in that when in reality you're more likely to walk around in your pajamas at any given moment? Is it impressive looking? Hell yes. Good on those that enjoy the cyber trappings. But seriously... it's just costuming, really.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

This place smells of paint. What's new and fun to play with? *looks about*

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by kontankarite View Post

Do I flame those that identify as alternative? Yep. But it's because identifying as such sets a boundary between one and their fellow man. As people, we already have enough separations and borders amongst ourselves without having to indulge in "counter" culture.

What I rail against is those looking for a place to belong when in reality, they belong amongst their fellow humans. We are nothing more than that.

As well, I would say that I indulge in DIY to a nice degree as does many at G.net. The fact is, we at G.net demand others to be real and honest. None of us that's been there for a while could honestly say with a straight face that we are a "goth". Do we tend to listen excessively to Siousxie and Christian Death? You bet. Do we wear excessive amounts of band patches or DIY clothing? Sure. But the fact remains that we at G.net are all people who happen to ENJOY Goth rock, deathrock, industrial, and punk. But none of us would be able to say we are GOTH or alternative to begin with. It's simply more honest to say, "Hi. I'm me and these are the things I like."

As for the cyber stuff that gets railed at there, it's true. A lot of us DO rail against it because what purpose does it serve beyond decorum and costuming? Is it not more practical and functional to don a W.A.S.T.E tee shirt and some pants than to go out of your way to ensure that every cyber fall is in place? What if you only cyber up to the nines at the clubs? What's the point in that when in reality you're more likely to walk around in your pajamas at any given moment? Is it impressive looking? Hell yes. Good on those that enjoy the cyber trappings. But seriously... it's just costuming, really.
    I disagree. It's not just costuming, it's who you are.

Disagree all you like, but your statement isn't true unless there's something wrong with you. If it weren't for Snowcrash and Terminator, I'd say it'd be highly likely that those strips of foam hanging off your head wouldn't be there. It's not who you are, it's what you happen to like. You're a human being... not a "cyber goth".

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames View Post
    This place smells of paint. What's new and fun to play with? *looks about*
    Lol. Do I need to spank you?

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue View Post
    Can I watch? o.o

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Let'sNotAndJustSayWeDid. You know neither of us would give ground; then there'd be all the guns and the yelling and the broken furniture and the hamsters and the police cars and the ....

... though I'm sure someone else in this thread would appreciate getting the crap beaten out of them. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow View Post
    Can I watch? o.o
    Dunno. Do we take Amex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames View Post

Dunno. Do we take Amex?
    Sorry, this is a cash only bar.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by NicotineGurl666 View Post
    It's not just costuming, it's who you are.
    You base your entire identity on the costumes you wear? You must have quite the personality. *slaps your ass*

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by NicotineGurl666 View Post
    That place sucks, they are basically a bunch of stupid kids afraid of women, I had an account there too a while ago and they started picking on me from the very first day just because im hot, female and I don't take shit from anybody, someone even stole my profile pic and made a fake account with my pictures, they are just cutters and losers.
    I've gotta admit, I am deathly afraid of hot females who don't take shit from anybody.

It's probably because Bo Derek killed and ate my grandmother before my very eyes.

I can agree with much of this. Identity and the social categorization of 'being' (and the corollary of 'not being') something are useless and deceptive, despite their prominence in pop-ethics. However, they are a product of our psychology, not our culture, and we're never going to completely be rid of them. So long as people aren't using them as part of arguments on important ethical stuff, I'd say expressing a sense of identity isn't something to criticize someone on. Identity can be a motivation for good, even it doesn't hold together philosophically.

I would also say your perspective on counterculture is probably the product of too much arguing among goths - it's insights are valid, but the emphasis seems out of place. There are very real things wrong with normal, mainstream culture, and anything that motivates people to seek solutions outside its confines should be encouraged.

I'm a big fan of DIY, though. I liked that about your forum.

Now this is just ethnocentric nonsense. Goth and its cultural environs are known for its emphasis on aesthetics, not practicality, and I love them for that. Everything you've said here applies to some goths and some cybers, and doesn't to some others.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

helllllllllo blueblood long time no boards...hope everyone had a nice rest

Mariner's Avatar Junior Member

I've never been on this forum before, but it looks interesting and I've also been checking back frequently for it to open. Glad it has, and hope it is as interesting as it looks.

What's up bitches?!
    It's nice to see you all; I'll have to alert Mg. I hope voldta comes back.
    Glad to see you too dollface.
    *feels loved now* lol

Man, I hate it when people get banned in mid-conversation. That discussion had me going.

Who got banned? I've never heard of anyone getting banned from here... maybe they just ran away?

Despana, Korinnan and kontankarite. Look at their titles; 'exiled'.

Apparently nicotinegurl234 was a troll; she posted that insulting rant against gothic.net here and then went there under a different name and linked people to start a forum invasion. This kinda-sorta worked in that a few of them wandered over, but from what I've seen they were all mostly reasonable people just being a bit silly, without any truly bad intentions. I don't think they needed banning by tenuous association.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

wait, what? someone was banned?

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I can't deny, I have missed the numerous thought-stimulating tangents, and Raza's ability to exacerbate and/or catalyse discussions just by having his say on everything he can possibly speak of.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

yeah...I kinda missed being ignored, myself. good times...is rockwulf back yet?

+ Reply to Thread