+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you know where you will be in 5 years?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you know where you will be in 5 years?

One of the classic job interview questions is where do you see yourself in five years.

When not trying to relate to an interviewer or someone like that, is this a question you ask yourself or could easily answer? Do you have a plan or are you going with the flow? Are you trying to have one thing build on another or just going with the flow? Do you have specific goals of things you want to create or accomplish or lifestyle levels (baby, marriage, retirement, quit your day job, that sort of thing) or do you have more of a slow arcing build mapped out?

What do you hope you will be doing in 5 years?

What do you think you will be doing in 5 years?

Default Re: Do you know where you will be in 5 years?

Not sure. I know my general direction, but there's a lot of stuff there.

I'm always trying to get less dependent on society, and money in particular. The more I succeed in this, the less I'd be tied down to any one place. But my desire to craft, build and decorate will probably make me want to keep some material possessions around. Still trying to get my hands on a boat to live on, which would be sweet; they look great as a decorated mess, and I could be semi-mobile without leaving my stuff behind.

I'm definitely going to keep creating and modifying clothes out of junk, but I'd like a bit more space to move on to a broader range of objects and start on theme sets of party deco to rent or lend out to events. Lots of other stuff I want to get into, too.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

We're setting a 'community' for ourselves and our closest friends to live at. Well, he says community or ranch, I say compound. LOL. Just a way for us to get away from the idiots around us, and segregate ourselves from the current political and economic climates as much as we possibly can without leaving the country all together.

I will still have my sites running stronger than ever, and hopefully will have made some sort of name in the cosplay community from making outfits that are both great quality and inexpensive.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I'd like to be living free from a lot of the vile trappings of society, politics, and the economy in the United States. This would likely involve buying my way out (improbable) or limiting our activities and industry to things and people we actually care about.

Realistically, we will be in the United States or another relatively free country with employment tangential to law and animals. I don't know specifically what at this point. I do have some aspirations regarding writing and music. I have none involving the business end of either, however. There is a lot I would like to do.

As a note: I am very dissatisfied with the direction of my country. I may have implied that already though

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I hope I will be traveling the world in 5 years but I'm sure I'll still be working my ass of for the man. What can I say? He pays my bills. Honestly though, I really don't have a clue. I am definitely not having kids. I've thought about going back to school but I don't know what I would do and oh ya, I hate school. Hmm, maybe I should think about this some more.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'll probably still be doing whatever it is I'm doing now...................but, maybe not. I could be having some bizzarre kind of midlife crisis by then

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Hello Misterrrr Carl, Can you have a midlife crisis if you never grow up?
    Me, I'm back in school, and if I have my way I'll be here five years from now. The unknown comedian once said that if you stay in school long enough they'll start paying you to be there. If I can keep my family from starving in the mean time...

AH Yes

yes, you can have a midlife crisis if you never grow up...................It'd be nice to have an education...It's draining having to figure everything out as you go along

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

quick, simple and as always, wise; my hats off to ya.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

This question to me always come off as funny. Mainly, because to me it kind of encompasses the whole "Chaos Theory". Five years, although once it has passed seems like a blip, it's actually a long time for alot of shit to happen in your life. I tend to ask this question on interviews, but mainly for shit's-n-giggles. One, because, usually, within 5 minutes of interviewing a candidate, I can pretty much figure out if they're the right person for the job...And second, just to see what answers they come up with. To see how canned the answer is or how their answer might be pretty creative. Usually, 90% of the time, it ends up being some higher position then they are now...Sometimes though...It can be creative. So where will I be 5 years from now? Honestly...Hopefully still alive, employed and still being able to pay me bills. Other than that...It's anyone's guess.

yeah, a lot can happen

nvrsetl's Avatar Junior Member

5 years...... I will have a cooler boat than now. I have a great one in negotiation but the process is lengthy. Just sold my chopper and will design a bare bones bobber next. May sell my house and have one built that I like in a new area or new state as I'm rapidly tiring of the city I live in. I mostly need to find one woman I get along with a keep her, cause I'm damn sure board with all test drives

hmmm, a boat would be nice, I always wanted to do the joshua slocum thing

+ Reply to Thread