+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Mariner's Avatar Junior Member

Default Hello

Hello, thought I’d look into this forum and see what it’s like. Here’s a bit about myself:

-I’m from Pennsylvania, USA (a generally nice play in my opinion)
    -interests: photography, science, philosophy, psychology, sociology, music, reading, writing, making jewelry, politics, backpacking, vegetarian cooking, jogging, animals (dogs mainly)
    -My favorite films are: Labyrinth, Mirrormask, The Dark Crystal, Moulin Rouge, The Hunger, What Dreams May Come, Rose Red, Pan's Labyrinth, Batman Returns, Phantom of the Opera, Psycho, Vertigo, and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (the remake and the original)
    -Favorite bands: Blood Sweat & Tears, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nightwish, Kamelot, Bauhaus, Emilie Autumn, Sisters of Mercy, London After Midnight, Zombina and the Skeletones, The Creatures, Clan of Xymox, and Sting
    -Favorite books: Frankenstein, Heart of Darkness, Crime and Punishment, The Stand, Jane Eyre, Mists of Avalon, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Lord of the Rings (all three), The Hobbit, anything by Edgar Allan Poe, 1984, Paradise Lost, King Lear

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Hello

Welcome.

The Dark Crystal really seemed scary when I first saw it. A Danish friend of mine came by, while I was watching, and was just like, "why are the puppets torturing each other?" Perhaps a language barrier

Welcome. Nice movie list.

Hello Amelia G and incog, thank you both for the welcome.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hello and welcome
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is one of my faves too. Have you read any other Ken Kesey? I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo View Post
    Hello and welcome
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is one of my faves too. Have you read any other Ken Kesey? I love him.
    No, that's the only book I've read by Ken Kesey. What other books by him would you suggest reading?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I've heard that other book by Kesey is pretty good, but I don't read, so I'll wait for the movies.

Oh, and welcome to the fun.

+ Reply to Thread