+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peter Steele, Dead found dead at 48

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Peter Steele, Dead found dead at 48

CBS News

"(CBS) CBS News has confirmed that Peter Steele, front man for Type O Negative, has died.

In an email, Mike Renault, the band's manager said, "Peter passed away last night. As of now it appears to have been heart failure. That's all the details we have right now."

Type O Negative's Web site left a message to their fans this morning around 5:15 AM. It read, "The forums have been re-opened. Please play nice and expect statements from the band and family later today. Thank you for your understanding and support."

Upset fans have been writing on Type O Negative's ******* page mourning the death of the singer. Some posts said, "RIP Peter, you will be missed" and "I just heard the news and I can't even function."

Steele, whose real name is Petrus T. Ratajczyk and hailed from Brooklyn, N.Y., was known as a bassist, singer, and as the band's website said, a "control freak." The 6'7'' composer of gothic metal was also known for his dark humor and low heavy voice.

Before joining Type O Negative, he was in the metal group Fallout and the band Carnivore.
    "

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default Re: Peter Steele, Dead found dead at 48

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! this sucks majorly.

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Whoa... I actually expected to read this obituary about five times in the last couple of decades, and now, when it finally does happen, I'm not quite prepared for it. I was going to cast that man as the voice of Khael the Defiler when my "Frey" screenplays finally got produced! My somber wishes to the man for a pleasant afterlife.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

omg. i think i'm gonna cry. *toast* to Peter.

~K

Very Sad. *plays Dead Again* He would laugh.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Yea, this is pretty sad news. It was plastered by every other person on my FB account. I haven't talked to my mom yet, but I'm sure she'll be really sad, she loved Type O Negative.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

this is very sad news

+ Reply to Thread