+ Reply to Thread

Thread: your very own funeral

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

Default your very own funeral

Disign you'r own funeral !!
    what and who would you want at your funeral?

what is everyone doing?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: your very own funeral

I don't care, cuz i'll be dead!

but seriously, I don't know. I don't really care where i'm buried, although a viking funeral would be rad ( minus my mistress sailing off to her flaming doom along side me- unless she really wanted to. and the sacrificing of the virgin part I can go without.)

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i want to be set adrift in a burning galeon

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

my ashes dumped into Lake Michigan............ that's the homesickness talking

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

first off i plan to have a long speech, translated into latin, and inscribed on my casket. I would be dressed in a black tuxedo, my hands would be folded across my chest. In my hands, would be a dagger, and a necklace (both having special significance to me). The funeral itself would be only attended by close friends and family, 15 people at most.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

viking funeral..but I dunnno if I would want people finding a mate for me who is alive and is burned alive with me.....but yeah just crisp me and dump me anywhere hell use me in your rose graden I reall don't care.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

I invision my funeral at a cathedral that is centuries old. I can hear church bells ringing. No sun can make it's way through the stainglassed windows on such a stormy afternoon. Everyone is dressed in black, crying. Forget-me-nots line my casket. In the background you can hear the song "Another Day" by This Mortal Coil playing. The camera pans out to an old decrepit cemetary, where my casket is pulled out of a hurse, and carried to my plot by my grandsons who knew me as thier favorite grandma. My sons and daughters are crying, holding their loved ones. The preacher is reciting from his bible. The wind is blowing and the rain is pouring. I am looking down smiling. Fade to black.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

yeah that would be cool cept id rather be cremated preferably on a large pyre

DPietz's Avatar Member

After much consideration

I would like to have a formal Prosession to the Gravesite

complete with hierd mourners

anyone willing to cry for money?

when they are bringing your curtain down
    demand to be burried like Eva Paron

~D

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Put into an H-Bomb and detonated over a city of my choosing...not out of hate or spite...I just want to arrive in heaven or hell with one massive enterouge'

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Put into an H-Bomb and detonated over a city of my choosing...not out of hate or spite...I just want to arrive in heaven or hell with one massive enterouge'

lol hell yeah!

for me since i am an engineer i would like to be creamated and have some ashes put into my lifes work even if it was just a little sprinkle

but on a similar note...i often thought: would it be possible to get the ashes of a loved one turned or added to tattoo ink so i could get them tattooed onto me... so many people get the portraits of a loved one inked...

I would want mine to be a darkwave consert with my casket on stage hell yeah rock the fuck on!!! (time to mosh)

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

just shellac me and put me in my chair

i decided to add to mine and have a full orchestra play various songs which were important throuought my life, and i want a 21 cannon salute followed by a big feast and party for all the people who cared enough to show up at my funeral

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Mr. Karl, that is TOO funny! "Shellac me and put me in my chair!!!" That's brilliant...

I think Peter Stelle said it best, "An erotic funeral for which she's dressed"...

But then, every night is an erotic funeral...

Poisondove's Avatar Member

Some lovely locale, like a ruined monestary out in the English countryside. Simple procession bit, all the people I loved...and pets too . In their own little black tux jackets. Though I think I should have the ceremony while I am still alive....maybe with the end nearing.
    Just so I could say "good bye" back to those loved ones.

...as for burial...we have come to terms with cremation and giving me my own little angel statue in a forest...just got to hope it gets carried out when the time comes :P

Poisondove's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by DPietz
    After much consideration

I would like to have a formal Prosession to the Gravesite

complete with hierd mourners

anyone willing to cry for money?

when they are bringing your curtain down
    demand to be burried like Eva Paron

~D
    What's the going rate?

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

My remains would be cremated and half would go into a concrete mixer, wherein I would be re-sculpted to the form of my youth to be forever immortalized. The other half would be kept by family, friends, children and my wife, inside little Ankhs.

And after the ceremony...

Mardi Gra!

I mean, what depressing funeral shouldn't have it when you can just get wasted AND get beads?

poison's Avatar Senior Member

sad as it may seem, i have planned my funeral many a time..and have picked a church to buried in.lots of things have happened in that church:
    my mum and dad got married, my aunty and uncle got married, i got christened, i had my holy communion, my cousins got christened there and my great grandad and great grandma had their funerals there...
    i would have an open coffin, i would be dressed in a black dress, and bare feet and i'd have me favourite cross necklace on...i would be buried with a teddy bear i've had since i was born, letters from friends and relatives and a bible.
    there would be lots of candles and there would be one hymn sung "nearer my god to thee"

sorry, i seem to have waffled on!

Quote Originally Posted by countessnichole
    Mardi Gra!

I mean, what depressing funeral shouldn't have it when you can just get wasted AND get beads?
    you forgot the boobs and rum

I'd want a big, drinking party, and no one to be upset. Anyone who knew me enough to care could go. The perfect funeral; get piss drunk and laugh about it in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    just shellac me and put me in my chair
    I still think this is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I keep seeing you, with this sort of orange-brownish shiny shellac coating, sitting dead in a chair. I think about this all day...

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

I want a pretty simple funeral. I want people to get up and tell funny stories about me. I want laughter. I want them to play So Long by X, God's Hotel by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and Wind that Shakes the Barley by The Dead Can Dance. I am going to have myself made into a life gem ( http://www.lifegem.com/ ) to be given to my son. Afterwords, everyone should go to my house and have a big party with lots of wine and more stories, and yummy food, and comfort my son (and anyone else who is alive.)

I want to be a life gem too!!! That is so cool! I have never heard of that!

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I won't care. I'll be dead.

Goat on Fire's Avatar Senior Member
    Beograd, Srbija (the way its originally spelled)

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre_Dreams
    I won't care. I'll be dead.
    Too true

But if I could care, i would like to be burried (completely naked) at the base of an oak tree. Its the sacred symbol of the slavic pagan culture (before they were christianised).

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

I hope who ever is left here that actually cares would just burn my body and go on with their lives. It isn't as though I am going to care much at that point. However they can disspose of me cheapest as to not burden them financialy

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I think a comedian said it best: Hire some famous celebrity to show up. Like John Stamos. Just give him the money, show up, you dont have to talk to anyone, shed a few tears, and then leave. My friends will be like "I can't believe he's gone, its so sad, its....is that John Stamos? That's Uncle Jesse, what is he doing here? Did Nick know John Stamos? Was his last name Stamos?

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Goat on Fire
    Too true

But if I could care, i would like to be burried (completely naked) at the base of an oak tree. Its the sacred symbol of the slavic pagan culture (before they were christianised).
    I'm a pagan, but I still won't care. Either way, I won't be needing the body.

Actually, I think I would play a song from my new CD called "The Haunting", have some of my nice photos framed, lots of champagne for everyone, a party!!!! I want to be made into a human jewel too. Maybe a green emerald.

First off, there would be an open stage where people can get up at any point and speak about me for as long as they like. None of that ceremonial crap.

Secondly, I'd be cremated in the cheapest way we can come up with, have my ashes shot out of a pre-built cannon in some random direction (or maybe into orbit), and then have all the money spent on gourmet food for the guests of the funeral with an open bar to top it off. I want people to be saying, "I barely knew the guy but DAMN these sausages rule!"

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

These are all interesting ideas. I'm currently applying for embalming/funeral directors college, and hope to own a funeral home someday.

For myself, My family can have a wake for me (lots of irish whiskey and beer) where they would talk about me, laugh about me, and try to console eachother. My husband would recieve a small token that I had put aside in case of my death that he could hold forever. My entire body is being donated to science, so there is no need for a burial or cremation or anything!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

it would also be nice to be spit roasted and laced with arsenic then sam walton, his family, and all of my other enemys could be captured and forced to eat my poisoned flesh mwahahaha

+ Reply to Thread