+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like different foods now from when you were a kid?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like different foods now from when you were a kid?

Do you like different foods now from when you were a kid? I know there were things like mushrooms and humus (sp?) which I didn't care for as a kid and my folks told me I'd probably like later, which I do like now. I always liked brussel sprouts though. I think some people either lose or acquire a sweet tooth.

Is there anything you find you like eating now, which you did not in childhood? (Before you go there, I know saying "pussy" is hilarious, but it is unnecessary.)

nvrsetl's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Do you like different foods now from when you were a kid?

I like steamed cabbage now. I used to work with a Russian girl and she would frequently bring dishes to work and apparently they have lots of cabbage dishes...... steamed was my favorite. Like most men though I will eat most of whatever hits the table. Curry (sp), blackened dishes, or other hot spices don't appeal to me though.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

There's nothing I didn't like then that I do now, but I have acquired a taste for a lot of new food that I was never exposed to when I was a kid. I love food so I'm always game to try new things. Except sushi, I just can't bring myself to eat it. I've tried, but no. Also, I'm with Amelia on the whole brussel sprout issue. I've always loved them.

Exiled

i used to like bacon but now i won't eat pig meat of any sort. pigs are too nice and they have IQs bigger than a lot of people. just sayin.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i'd have to say that i eat more ethnic foods now than i did when i was younger. growing up an air force brat, living on the base, and spending time in places like Ohio did not expose me to much that was not stereotypically white american. the most we had were tacos and the rare instance of chinese food.

now that im a good bit older, have been to college, lived on my own, and lived in a few big cities(boston and worcester), i've actually found a good number of things that i like from different cuisines.

I liked pussy well before adulthood. xP

No big changes elsewhere, either. I ate pretty varied as a child. My tolerance and appreciation of hotly spiced stuff has increased, but I'm not sure that this isn't just the physical process of my taste buds losing sensitivity.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I still don't like vegetables, just tolerate their presence next to my lightly seared on both sides steaks. They are slightly edible covered in grease, gravy, and/or blood/juices from whatever form of flesh is on my plate.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo View Post
    There's nothing I didn't like then that I do now, but I have acquired a taste for a lot of new food that I was never exposed to when I was a kid. I love food so I'm always game to try new things. Except sushi, I just can't bring myself to eat it. I've tried, but no. Also, I'm with Amelia on the whole brussel sprout issue. I've always loved them.
    Yeah, I'll try just about any food once anyway. I pretty much only draw the line at stuff you have to eat while it is still alive, so, like, no monkey brains for me.

I've aquired a taste for fish.. when i was younger, I wasn't terribly fond of it. I'll eat just about anything, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to food. I guess it kind of helps when you've gone through times where there just wasn't much food to be had.

I like rotten cheese now. I used to hate them as a kid. When I was a kid there was nothing more disgusting then blue cheese. Now I love it. All sorts of weird veggies. Eggplant I like now. Even Squash when it's done okay.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I've given up on soda in the last year and now I'm really enjoying relatively strong lemon water.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

ive nearly given up on soda myself as well. i have a small amount with dinner but rarely if ever finish even half of it.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i used to eat peanut butter everyday, now it makes me feel sick to even smell it
    i used to like tomato sauce on everything, went overseas, the sauce tasted shit, replaced it with hot sauce, now im back home i love hot suace but cant stand tomato sauce
    for years i used to easily drink big bottles of coke everyday, i got sick a few years ago and stopped drinking it, havent drunk it for years now

DeformedGod's Avatar Mord-Sith

When I was a wee lass, I was an extraordinarily picky eater, so I eat a great deal more now. I used to hate cheese, tomato sauce, and all fruit. Now, I'm okay with the more "normal" cheeses and blue cheese somehow, I like tomato sauce, and I can eat about two different kinds of fruit, so I suppose I'm progressing. I also used to only drink milk; no water, no juice, no pop, just white milk. Now I can't stand drinking white milk at all, only chocolate.

+ Reply to Thread