+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feline Fluorescence Syndrome (Pics!)

Default Feline Fluorescence Syndrome (Pics!)

New photoshoot!

We dressed and painted Izta up as a little alleycat. Everything worked out pretty well; the photos were all a bit overlighted, but I'm getting better at covering that up in photoshop. Tips on that part still appreciated. =)

With everything edited and uploaded it looks a little too much like our last shoot for our tastes. The different hairstyle and ears redeem it somewhat, but I think we've hit the limit for variations on the neon-green thing for now.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Feline Fluorescence Syndrome (Pics!)

My favorite is the one where she is hanging on the bars. Has kind of a feral feel which works nicely with the ears.

3. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Amelia G For This Useful Post:

Raza (06-08-2010)
    TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Cool outfit and makeup!

5. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDeathKnight For This Useful Post:

Raza (06-08-2010)
    DeformedGod's Avatar Mord-Sith

These are really well done...I feel like the makeup shouldn't work, and yet it does perfectly.

7. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to DeformedGod For This Useful Post:

Raza (06-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by DeformedGod View Post
    These are really well done...I feel like the makeup shouldn't work, and yet it does perfectly.
    The make up is... questionable, in places. I think the forehead marks should have been broader, and the bottom stripe on each arm would've better been left out.

We're just getting into more advanced makeup. Crafting and modding clothes is more our forte, but there's so many different things you can do to make a look or photo better and it seems a waste to pass up on any. :x

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight View Post
    Cool outfit and makeup!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    My favorite is the one where she is hanging on the bars. Has kind of a feral feel which works nicely with the ears.

That was the most badly overlighted shot that made our selection. I almost didn't bother trying to fix it, but I liked that same thing about it.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

I think with the makeup it would have helped to just left it black/base it more on real cat markings as there is one enough green in the outfit that the marking didn't need it and two the markings look more draconic than feline

Nice!

12. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Toe Cutter For This Useful Post:

Raza (06-08-2010)

I'd like to see the next shoot as a "peilcan in the gulf". I'm guessing a trip to the store for chocolate syrup is in your future.

RavenSutherland's Avatar Junior Member

Jumping on board late here so I've not seen any of your previous work. Love the concept, the costuming is fantastic, I like that you've balanced her slenderness with big hair and lots of hip embellishment in order to bring more 'solidness' to her appearance. One thing I would have liked to have seen are more poses where she was 'crouched' (or 'drawn together'), rather than displaying a 'stretched' position - ie, the second photo shows her body more tightly drawn together, which makes her look 1) more fierce, and 2) more natural, as alley cats are not normally relaxed enough for their bodies to assume an elongated position. However, having said that, I do agree with Amelia in that the fourth photograph, where she's hanging from the bars, is fantastic. Would have liked to have seen a more cat like attitude or grimace in this shot, but I love it Good job!

15. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to RavenSutherland For This Useful Post:

Raza (06-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSutherland View Post
    Jumping on board late here so I've not seen any of your previous work. Love the concept, the costuming is fantastic, I like that you've balanced her slenderness with big hair and lots of hip embellishment in order to bring more 'solidness' to her appearance. One thing I would have liked to have seen are more poses where she was 'crouched' (or 'drawn together'), rather than displaying a 'stretched' position - ie, the second photo shows her body more tightly drawn together, which makes her look 1) more fierce, and 2) more natural, as alley cats are not normally relaxed enough for their bodies to assume an elongated position. However, having said that, I do agree with Amelia in that the fourth photograph, where she's hanging from the bars, is fantastic. Would have liked to have seen a more cat like attitude or grimace in this shot, but I love it Good job!
    Thanks! I like your analysis; dividing volume to emphasize the right body segments is one of those secondary things that are good to keep an eye on, and I agree on your preference of poses. The pictures we ended up posting are the somewhat random result of 'what turned out nice', but we set out with much that same ideal in mind. =)

Our earlier stuff is pretty easy to find; click my name to go to my profile and then use the 'find all started threads' option if you'd like a look. About half of them are labeled '(Pics)', they're the ones you want.

+ Reply to Thread