+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you Collect?

RubyViolence's Avatar Senior Member

Default What do you Collect?

I have a collection of several things. Some include, horror movies, cause I'm a definite GoreWhore, decorative lighters, knives, Stockings/lingerie, Fancy bottles, cds, even scraps of garbage I find if I can possibly use it in my art work?

Curious to everyone as to what they collect as well.

Attached Images

Sihkpopscar's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: What do you Collect?

I collect x-act-o blades and little plastic skeletons

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I don't collect specific stuff, but I do tend to keep things.
    Not at the "hoarder" level. I don't keep junk and trash and useless things.
    But stuff that's cool, and stuff I like, I tend to keep. So things like books,
    weapons, anything with skulls, evil stuff, etc. And I actually like the look
    of "clutter". As long as it's not blocking access to anything, and you can
    still get around... Walls of bookcases, etc.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Books, magazines (Vogue and Bizarre mostly), tattoos, beads, postcards, shoes/boots, records (as in vinyl), make-up, and I have a fantastic collection of hair products that don't work.

Everything I like! I'm a huge hoarder. Every inch of my living space's surface has multiple layers of stuff, including the ceiling. I love going through the trash at pickup day, and fleamarkets and used junk stores, grabbing everything that's (nearly) free and strikes my fancy. Some of it gets used in crafting projects, some of it starts out decorative in its own right, lots of it just sits in chests or bags or just lies around in piles waiting for me to get the right idea and use it.

My favorite collectible is junk metal, though. Chains with hooks, especially; I've got those dangling from my walls and ceiling everywhere. Buncha circle saws, anything with pointy ends or blades, really, and even some without.

Then theres the plushies - mostly snakes and cats, and my old pikachu collection - and the psychedelically spraypainted children's room decorations, like stars and hearts and spirals on strings. Finished and half finished creations. Bunch'a dolls in various sizes and states of mutilation. Colorful string lights and lava lamps, for when we're partying. Tools, everywhere. Clothes and accessories, piled all over in order of current favor. Cans and bottles of paint, food, pills, deodorant, solvents. A few framed guro depictions, plastic bugs lizards and butterflies glued onto the walls and furniture. Bones - lots of bones - some saved and cleaned from dinners past, some scrounged from graveyards. Colorful feathered thinges, shiny beads, cheesy halloween deco. Too much to name, really.

Iunno. It makes for an incredible mess, but I love living in it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Expect A & E to show up at your house any day now.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I'm more of a hoarder with a lot of self control who doesn't like garbage.......I have a lot of comic books but I only buy them because they ome out and every month and I like reading them but I don't consider myself a comic collecter. I'm really not sure if I'm a collecter or a hoarder

Regrets and broken promises?

Or, more seriously I don't collect, I just gather anything that catches my attention.

My movie habit has been curbed by netflix, but I still gather music when I can.
    I read comics, but once I have read them I save them to read again or send them on, same with books.

Oooh, I know, I collect hobbies. I am a cos-player this month, next month... maybe a guitar player.

Ooh very cool. I have a little skull and deaddolls collection also.

lol I love a&E shows.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I'd like Raza's place...

and your little dog too

i collect books. i excuse it by telling myself it is for work, but i really just can't part with one once i've read it.

Yeah I am the same with books. I never can part with them, if they are really good

im only 15 so i dont have the most interesting things cause i dont have lots of money. Im in my room so lets see. ok I have lots of CD and records(i guess i collect vinyl) lots of music magazines. Posters everywhere, even ones that are still rolled up. band shirts. umm yeah i guess a lot of music related things, like music memorabilia. I have a lot of DVDs. I have like a hundred+ B-grade Horror movies, cult movies, and things of that sort. 50s scifi movies. and the movies that the average person has as well(adam sandler movies, steve martin, etc) i like comedies. like 7 feather boas. oh i also have a lot of different styles of stockings like fishnets, spider nets. an array of different converse, TUKs, boots, i guess my shoe collection hahaha. i also have 3 full decks of loose cards(playing cards that ive found on the streets or sidewalks, started when i was 8), band shirts, my favorite band is green day so i have a lot of stuff relating to them. Rocky Horror stuff. Buttons. i love Elvira so i have pins, patches, costume, makeup, anything relating to her! my fav music genre is psychobilly and punk and i like 40s/50s/60s era styles so i have little items of that sort of stuff. i just collect stuff that im interested in. everything is all around me so im spewing out everything that i see and now my hands are hurting!! im gunna stop =]

MissCheviousTess's Avatar Junior Member

books, good movies, good music (mainly cd's), antique silver jewellery ( trade in some, collect some),antique or old weapons (blades mainly although as I said I like crossbows too, and some are fancy but hard to get), I keep some magazines but nowadays I do prefer digital editions to buying printed editions of magazines.
    Raza, as for junk metal I have plenty of used bike chains
    I made a bracelet from the very first bike chain that I killed :-) but as for the rest-well, so far I do keep my old bike chains but so far ahven't done anything with them. Maybe I should ship them to You?
    As for bones, yes I do have some since I used to collect rocks and fossil records so yes I do have bones of a cave tiger as well as his fangs over my parent's house ;-)
    I have a tendency to keep things but I'm trying to control myself.
    I have learned it from my ex-partner who was a terribly pedantic person and regarded collecting anything as a sort of a production of unnecessary garbage.

Atharaxia's Avatar Junior Member

music.....

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Cats. Or so it would seem, anyway. I guess on the bright side I can count on being the crazy cat lady if the rest of my life fails.
    I also collect vocal music of different sorts so I have a wide variety of repertoire to study and sing. That is just kind of a necessity, but I do get great pleasure out of new music.

+ Reply to Thread