+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horror Nurse Re-Animated (Epic - Lots of Pics!)

Default Horror Nurse Re-Animated (Epic - Lots of Pics!)

We finally finished our big project for this summer: version 2 of our classic Horror Nurse!

The first version was a milestone for us; the outfit was the biggest and coolest thing we'd ever made, and the pictures are still among our best received ever. Two years later though, we'd learned a lot both qua both crafting and photography, and Izta's switch to green rendered the old red-on-white version sadly irrelevant.

So! We recolored the whole thing in surgical green 'n swapped the blood theme with glowing green chemicals to match; we added a new layer of decorations, some cool props and and replaced the top altogether. We picked out favorite decrepit location and shot more pics than ever before; I applied what I learned about editing digital negatives during our last shoot (and then some) and we dabbled in adding texture layers for creepy effect to booth.

It took bloody ages, but we're satisfied that like it's predecessor it's the best thing we've ever done.

Default Re: Horror Nurse Re-Animated (Epic - Lots of Pics!)

...Continued

My eye stopped on second last picture

Mm?

Also, I really wish these boards had a bigger editing time allowance. The six-image-per-post forced limit me to split my post, and after finishing the second and reviewing the whole thing my chance to fix the first was long-gone. Five minutes is nearly nothing.

I agree. I understand the reasons behind the time limit. Solution might be keeping the copy of an old post on a small link beside the "EDITED POST" notice sign. Win-win for everyone.

Yeah; modern forum software keeps a wiki-like edit history for each post. If that were public the problem would be solved, for those rare cases where it matters at all.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Umm, I think it's time for my medication

8. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to mystoo For This Useful Post:

Raza (08-23-2010)
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

is that an actual hose clamp on the green tube on the face mask?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, these look really good.
    Better backgrounds, better composition, better color adjustments, etc.

11. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDeathKnight For This Useful Post:

Raza (08-25-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl View Post
    is that an actual hose clamp on the green tube on the face mask?
    I had to look it up, but yes it is. We use random bits of junk metal for detail on everything, and very little of it in ways that at all resemble their original purpose.

+ Reply to Thread