+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4d

Default 4d

I wonder what do you know about fourth directional dimension? Not the time.

Anyway, right to the point. I'll be buying this game as soon as it comes out.

http://marctenbosch.com/miegakure/

Default Re: 4d

Looks like 3D with a scramble button to me. Nice idea, but I'm not sure that it works on a mathemathical/philosophical level.

Register666's Avatar The Hunted

boring bro! that NOT 4D... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Looks like 3D with a scramble button to me. Nice idea, but I'm not sure that it works on a mathemathical/philosophical level.
    Actually it does work on the mathematical level. Only difference is that instead of adding forth dimension it changes the one of existing three into fourth. That way it is way easier for our 3d brain to comprehend 4th dimension trough logic and experience.

See this video and you'll get an idea why I would like to be able to not just understand, but see the 4th dimension. Notice him explaining two dimensional being perceiving a three dimensional being. Same works for us.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by OliX View Post
    Actually it does work on the mathematical level. Only difference is that instead of adding forth dimension it changes the one of existing three into fourth.
    But since it's a video being displayed on a flat screen it's actually only two dimensional. Ouch.

I've seen those videos before and they are a little bit scatterbrained.

The fourth dimension is actually quite easy to express and to imagine: Any curved line (3rd dimensional) has both a convex and concave side, so any of it's vertices possesses an opposing 4th dimensional vertex.

All 3rd dimensional objects are also 4th dimensional, and so on.

+ Reply to Thread