+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just me, introducing myself

Skeletal LU[s]topia's Avatar Junior Member

Default Just me, introducing myself

Hi everyone,

like every new member it's my time to introduce myself a little bit on this great board. I pretty much like the atmoshpere here, seems to be like one nice family at first view. What could I tell you about me? I'm no artist, but i enjoy art a lot. I'm just not the type that belongs in front of a camera, i guess my place in life is out there in real time situations, not on pictures There are so many beautiful galleries on this site and I'm excited to post on this board.

So, my name is Tom, i live in Germany and I work as an IT Admin, You know all that computer and network stuff companies gotta run and so on. I enjoy being who I am, a gothic person and I'd rather sell my grandma then changing my nature. I love to paint myself, dress myself up, go on festivals (greetings to Raza at this point, we met on WGT but I dunno if he still knows :P) and parties and concerts (all that general stuff). Hmm... yes being between like-minded persons is similar to a paradise for me.

Yep, that's pretty much me, if you wanna know anything else, feel free to ask.

Kind regards to everyone,

Tom

Default Re: Just me, introducing myself

Sup?

I don't remember meeting any Toms, but your description definitely sounds like me; you'll have to accept my apologies on the matter. The day by the cigarette chill-out was marked by a lack of sleep and it's all a bit fuzzy.

I like where you're coming from on the real life situations thing. I'm more than comfortable having my picture taken, but my sense of purpose for dressing up is always to look that way as I do things and generally live my life. If it wasn't for the internet and me wanting to take my appearance online with me I'd probably forget to take photos altogether - and I often do these days, regardless.

Don't worry i don't judge ya! Haha, we didn't meet personally, but we were sitting in front of each other and i recognized you on this board. So, I won't take it personally Hey, I know the consequences of festivals+alcohol haha! Nevermind, did you enjoy it as much as i did?

It's just: I'm not made to stand in front of cameras and let someone take picturs of me, i always look horrible some snapshots are fine with me.

I like that barbwire think on your jacket, but didn't you get stuck all the time with other people? :P

By the way, the border to Netherland's like 80km away from me

Yeah, WGT was sweet. It's like this bubble world, a gothic utopia sealed off from the normal world's dreadful lack of aesthetic sensibilities. I'll definitely try to go again if I can.

Letting random people take pictures of you usually has you looking horrible. I never expect anything good unless it's our own shoot and I get to pick and choose out of hundreds of shots. In real life an observer always processes the last few moments to form a three dimensional image - a photo can make you look awkward at angles that work fine IRL, and then there's lighting and picture quality and all sorts of additional factors to worry about... still, good photos can be worth the effort sometimes. I wouldn't discount the medium altogether.

The barbed wire thing works OK - being on the side it is out of the way when I'm trying to make a narrow profile when moving through a crowd. It does hook and damage somebody's clothing now and then, but that's always when they are rushing past me without paying proper attention, so then it's really not my concern. =P

yep it's like living our own little world for a few days, without worries, without problems, just living, having fun inbetween a big family.

that's exactly what i'm talking about. you manage to dress up, paint your face, then you look in the mirror and you're like "wow i look amazing, now i can go out" then somebody takes a picture and you look like a morron... that's annoying!

yep, their own fault, nothing to discuss about

6. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletal LU[s]topia For This Useful Post:

Raza (08-31-2010)
    mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Hi!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello

Thanks Karl and Mystoo!

ZombieDoll's Avatar Junior Member

Hi there!

As I'm a new member on this board I think I should introduce myself to all of you here
    So let's start ^^ My name is Nina, I'm a gothic girl from Germany and live there with my Boyfriend (->Skeletal [LU]stopia, introduced himself here above ^^)
    I'm pretty much interested in arts and I love photoshootings as a hobby model in front of the camera. I love styling and doing experiments concerning my looks (clothes, make up, hair, fingernails and so on) yeah I love creating new looks on me and definig myself new from time to time . As a woman I also love shopping and I'm a party girl who enjoys dancing very much. The best time of the year for me is the festival time, being in company of many like-minded interesting and nice people, just being in another world where you can feel "at home" at least for a few days.
    Uhm, allright for the moment that's all. If you want to know more feel free to wright me =)

spooky greetz
    your ZombieDoll

Hey. You sound like fun. =)

Question, though. Wouldn't having simultaneously zombie-like and doll-like qualities basically make you a corpse? It seems to me that they cancel each other out.

(Not that it doesn't sound nice)

Hello to you too Miss Zombie Doll!

MissCheviousTess's Avatar Junior Member

Hello everyone, I'm also new in here.
    Kind of a Jack of all trades
    Don't feel the need for a lenghty self introduction at the moment
    After all some stuff is already in the profile
    Shall anyone be curious about something more, just ask me
    I love meeting new people and I like talking to people so I hope to meet lots of interesting individuals in here and to have many interesting conversations with all of You.

Heya!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Hello, new peeps.

Hallo,
    Wie gehts es dir?