+ Reply to Thread

Thread: want to see the leader of Australia's daughter strip to tattoos, mohawk and flag?

and your little dog too

Default want to see the leader of Australia's daughter strip to tattoos, mohawk and flag?

Australian PM's shaven headed, tattooed stepdaughter poses for men's magazine

By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 9:07 AM on 14th September 2010

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard's wild child 'stepdaughter' has appeared in a raunchy photoshoot wearing only a bikini and the Australian flag.

The tattooed New York-based stylist Staci Child, 31, who is the daughter of Gillard's partner Tim Mathieson, posed for Zoo Weekly magazine and says her 'first man' father loved the photos.

'I think Julia will think it's a very Australian thing to do,' she added.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0zZdBM3nt

Child, who flew from New York for the photo shoot last week, is reported to have worked with the likes of Lady Gaga, Donatella Versace and Dannii Minogue. However, not everyone is thrilled with the photo shoot. RSL State President David McLachlan said the Australian flag should be respected. 'Recognising generational change in opinions, there would be many in the community, including me, that see the use of the flag in this way as most inappropriate,' he said.

Australians for Constitutional Monarchy spokesman Prof David Flint also expressed reservations.

'It may be somewhat undignified and not what you would have done but then again you've got to allow young people a certain degree of liberty in these sort of things,' he said.

'Apart from questions of good taste or not, that's not the issue. The issue is that she obviously likes the flag and that's a good thing.'

Child was raised by her mum in Shepparton, Victoria, but remains close to her father, who she says she speaks to every day. Mathieson has two other adult children with his former wife Diane Stark and has described his relationship with Staci and her mother as 'amicable'.

Welsh born PM Gillard, 48, and Mathieson have been together since they met at his hair studio, but his daughter says she is 'unsure' about his current job.

'He was a hairdresser, but I think he does real estate now. Or he's the men's health ambassador for Australia,' she told Zoo Magazine. 'I'm not certain. Maybe he's not doing much at all...I'm sure he won't just be sitting at home drinking The Lodge dry.'

Default Re: want to see the leader of Australia's daughter strip to tattoos, mohawk and flag?

I don't care for it. It's a pretty phony mohawk, random tattoos, poor color coordination, and national symbolism is universally tacky. It seems like one of those things people would care about because of who she is more than because of what she does.

+ Reply to Thread