+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Catacomb Boxers from Alexander McQueen

Default Catacomb Boxers from Alexander McQueen

Have you found your Halloween costume yet? Because I think I found mine! I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I've always been a fan of the unfortunately late fashion rebel Alexander McQueen and along with our friends (Blue Blood contributors, models, et al.) over at Haute Macabre, I'm happy to see his stylish influence living on at AlexanderMcQueen...
    Read the full article

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Catacomb Boxers from Alexander McQueen

That rules! You got manifesto in deathrock undies

Eh, I'm not a fan of printed textiles, and the grey lining with this dude's name on it makes less-than-usable. I also wouldn't advice relegating to any end of a mall at all for a punk or deathrock look.

Honestly; it's a cool place, but asking $120 to print it on a pair of boxers is absurd - and not much more stylish than the $2 paper halloween all-around-your-room wall hangings with the same print.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Eh, I'm not a fan of printed textiles, and the grey lining with this dude's name on it makes less-than-usable. I also wouldn't advice relegating to any end of a mall at all for a punk or deathrock look.

Honestly; it's a cool place, but asking $120 to print it on a pair of boxers is absurd - and not much more stylish than the $2 paper halloween all-around-your-room wall hangings with the same print.
    In retrospect, this came out kind of bitchy. 'Hadn't had my caffeine.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I understand your point Raza, but I think a case could be made for high quality garments being better than the cheap seasonal stuff. Good clothing, constructed well with quality materials and workmanship has a value beyond the aesthetic. So, if the design is appealing, I think getting it done on a better foundation is valuable. I like a mix of things, some hand constructed, some funny little sale rack finds, and some offbeat fancy bits. I could rail against it, but part of me is very entertained by the fact that I couldn't get into some velvet rope clubs wearing skulls and chainmail designs, but if that man stamped his name on it, I'd be greeted with smiles. I see the shallow and bad in that, but I also find the irony amusing.

Oh, sure. With boxers, you don't want low quality. I dig around for brand surpluss on the market and pay 4-5 euros for nice and comfortable black ones, instead of the 66 cents for the lowest-of-the-low (which I enjoy for many other type products).

But a 120 bucks for a repeat-fill pattern... I could make a pair decorated with real human bones and be ashamed to ask one-fourth of that.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Aaaghhhh. McQueen.....

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

omg i want those.... they woudl loook soooo good too! haha

+ Reply to Thread