+ Reply to Thread

Thread: will limewire closing make any difference?

and your little dog too

Default will limewire closing make any difference?

from yahoo

Limewire music-sharing service to close December 31

NEW YORK (Reuters) – LimeWire -- one of the world's biggest outlets for people to share music, movies and TV shows free of charge over the Internet -- said it would be shutting down by the end of the year and closing its sole office in New York.

In October, a U.S. federal judge granted the music industry's request to shut down the popular LimeWire file-sharing service, which had been found liable for copyright infringement.

"As a result of our current legal situation, we have no choice but to wind down LimeWire Store operations," LimeWire said in a statement on Friday.

"Despite our dedication and efforts, December 31, 2010, will mark the day when LimeWire Store shuts its virtual doors."

LimeWire also said its plan to bring a separate, legal music service to market had been canceled.

Founded in 2000 by Mark Gorton, LimeWire has been a thorn in the side of record companies because millions of fans used it to download music for free.

The music industry blames online and physical piracy as the primary reasons for declining music sales.

(Reporting by Soyoung Kim, Jonathan Stempel and Yinka Adegoke)

Default Re: will limewire closing make any difference?

Not really. I haven't used limewire in years, there's better programs around for the same thing.

Which is not to say that it wasn't an admirable initiative.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Limewire sucked anyway.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

when it comes to music I make a point of only downloading mettalica.......everything else I want I'm perfectly happy with just going to the store and buying it, so I never really bothered with that

5. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Karl For This Useful Post:

Raza (12-07-2010), VoltaireBlue (12-07-2010)
    mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Ha-Ha! Are you being serious?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Limewire basically turned into a bunch of virus' pretending to be music files, waiting to be downloaded.

8. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Ajax Knucklebones For This Useful Post:

VoltaireBlue (12-07-2010)
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo View Post
    Ha-Ha! Are you being serious?
    absolutely......they kind of lost me as a fan when they made it obvious that it was all about the money, thier record labels didn't make the fuss all those years ago, it was them personaly...........

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones View Post
    Limewire basically turned into a bunch of virus' pretending to be music files, waiting to be downloaded.
    ^^^^^^This.^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl View Post
    absolutely......they kind of lost me as a fan when they made it obvious that it was all about the money, thier record labels didn't make the fuss all those years ago, it was them personaly...........
    ^^^^^^[[^And this!!!^^^^^^^^^

+ Reply to Thread