+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you usually on time or early or late?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Are you usually on time or early or late?

I used to have the worst time being punctual. Partly, when I got to college, it was my 12th school in 12 years, and I'd somehow managed to miss the map-reading unit at every school I attended. I finally taught myself to read a map when I moved to Georgia. And now there is also GPS and MapQuest. Plus, over the years, I have made more and more of an effort to be on time, as it does not come to me naturally. A funny thing is that the majority of people I know now tend to be tardy, but I do have a few friends where, no matter how on time or early I think I am, they are always there first. I aspire to some day always be on time.

Are you usually on time or early or late?

Default Re: Are you usually on time or early or late?

I'm usually well on time the first time I plan a trip to a given location, then with recurring visits fall back gradually to being a minute late on average, give or take five. It's the oddest habit, and I'm having surprising difficulty breaking it.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

if it's scheduled, like an appointment then I'm on time, otherwise I won't even set a time, I'll be there whenever it also depends on the who and the what

I gotta go with Karl on this one. For business or time sensitive things I do my level best to get there on time. For recreation, any times I reluctantly give up end in -ish.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

If it's in my control I'd always be on time, or slightly early, but there are just things in life that make me late sometimes.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Being on time has been beaten into my brain over the last 6 years. Before then, I was still on time, but now my on time is at least 5-10 minutes early. Obviously, as everyone else has said, if it's only a social engagement, I try to avoid a meeting time. It's usually an "I'll see you when I get there" attitude. Now if only I could find a job where I could get away with that attitude.

I try my hardest to be early. I hate depending on other people when I have an appointment or time sensitive plans. It really bugs me when other people are late because it makes me feel like people don't care as much about me as I do them.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

On time. Always. If I'm waiting anymore than 10 or 15 minutes I get pissed.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It depends what it is, and how important it is.

In general, on a daily basis, I am late. Late to work, etc.

But if there is a special party or dinner I need to be at, or an important meeting,
    I can make the extra time to be sure I am on time. The bottom line is that if I
    am left to my own devices, and it's not critical, I will generally be late.
    That's why I rarely agree to be places at any specific time.
    I always tell people I *might* make it, but that I am not sure.
    That way they aren't expecting me, and if I show up later,
    they are happy I showed up at all...

+ Reply to Thread