+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like having your picture taken? Are you comfortable on camera?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like having your picture taken? Are you comfortable on camera?

Some people tend to be camera-shy and run when a camera is busted out. Some people are total hams and have to jump in every shot. Some people love having their picture taken, but want to be talked into it.

I personally like having my picture taken most times. It sometimes makes me peeved that I have photographed almost every photographer in my bailiwick in Los Angeles and like three have photographed me, and I'm including party snapshots in that calculation. Sometimes I look best on camera after a few beers, but not too many. That is kind of a fattening way to look good in photographs, so I generally am trying to relax more, regardless of circumstance.

Do you like having your picture taken? What does it take to make you comfortable in front of the camera?

Default Re: Do you like having your picture taken? Are you comfortable on camera?

I'm mostly apathetic to it, when it isn't one of our own 'shoots. I'll typically humour camera-wielding strangers with a twenty second pose, but I'm generally of the opinion that these people with their cards and their websites find themselves far too interesting for capturing my carefully crafted image in their mediocre, poorly lighted snapshots.

Is that very arrogant of me? I think it might be very arrogant of me, but I would still love for one of them to prove me wrong with some unexpected creative contribution.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you like having your picture taken? Are you comfortable on camera?

If the right person gets me at the right time it's ok, but they could end up being force fed that camera...........I'll even cover my face if I'm in a crowd and I see someone taking of picture

Vixen Blu's Avatar Junior Member

While I dont overdo it and push myself into a camera's aperature, I definitely am not shy. From when Im doing adult media to when Im at an event and making goofy faces at the camera, I enjoy it. In fact, I probably have more photos than I can count.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It depends if I am all dressed up, or just casual.

I have the same problem as Raza, in that most
    "amateur" snapshots look crappy. Regardless if
    it's a photo of a costume, or just a party picture.

I will oblige if they are a friend, but if it's a stranger,
    I won't refuse the photo, but I won't go out of my
    way to pose and take a million pics for them...

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I tend to avoid pictures. I usually hide behind the camera as an excuse to keep from being in front of it. A few beers into a night out and I generally don't care quite as much. Granted, I do like having my idiotic stunts filmed/photographed, but preferably with my camera or by someone who will let me look through afterward so I can get rid of the ones that I don't like.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I love having my picture taken :P I have this app on my phone where it's a calendar and you post a picture on there of each day. So I'm kinda posting a picture of me each day, so I can see the transition after like a year or whatever But yeah beer also seems to make me more photogenic, I must pose better. If naked, beer works too...not drunk and not like buzzed buzzed but just a tingle of a buzz... I dunno if this is TMI but the other day I was doing the dirty (sex) and I wanted it video taped cuz the person was sooo hott and whole situation was just sooo hott... And sadly I don't know if they did record a lil bit or not on the other dudes iphone but if they did I want it! cuz it was hott! haha

If I might ask, what is the name of this application? Sounds fun. I know alot of "take one picture a day" blog challenges that I seen a few friends get into. I will admit though, I personally get sick of myself. I always like to take pics of DIFFERENT things despite being a total goof and camera-ham when SOMEONE ELSE points a camera at me.

Spike's Avatar Member

I loathe having my picture taken, but that's mostly because I'm not comfortable in my own skin. This is difficult for me, being a tattoo artist because people are always busting out their cell phones and snapping pictures of the process. I always tell them, "turn the flash off, make sure my face isn't in the picture, snap one or two and put it away."

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

it really depends on who's doing the picture taking.

Put me in a costume, a show or some other disguise and I am fine. It is only when they try and catch the real me that I freak.

Reena's Avatar Junior Member

I love having my picture taken - but only after a few drinks or when it is planned...otherwise I end up looking awful!

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

I love being in front of a camera for the most part. I've come to the conclusion that even if a picture is really bad I can at least laugh at it. I also become more photogenic when I'm drunk as the smile comes much more naturally when everything is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02 View Post
    I love being in front of a camera for the most part. I've come to the conclusion that even if a picture is really bad I can at least laugh at it. I also become more photogenic when I'm drunk as the smile comes much more naturally when everything is hilarious.
    Thats my guess. I know that because I do adult performing, the people who normally see my images expect a certain degree of upkeep (makeup, hair, etc..) in viewing me (and other cam models). Still, its so hard to be serious all the time, yknow?

-hates posing and would rather feel
    Vixen Blu

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

No pictures please.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue View Post
    it really depends on who's doing the picture taking.
    it also depends on what kind of mood I'm in and whether or not I just rolled out of bed.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I like quirky pics. If someone just randomly takes one, I won't be into it.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02 View Post
    I'd have to agree with that. I find unflattering candids of myself really funny. Those are the ones I usually end up posting.

The only time I'm not up for getting my picture taken is when I haven't done my makeup or hair and I look like a troll. (Yes I'm a bit vain sometimes)

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sierras View Post
    I'd have to agree with that. I find unflattering candids of myself really funny. Those are the ones I usually end up posting.

The only time I'm not up for getting my picture taken is when I haven't done my makeup or hair and I look like a troll. (Yes I'm a bit vain sometimes)
    I think we're all entitled to a bit of vanity sometimes. The pictures that make me cringe are ones where my teeth look really yellow. They aren't tobacco stain yellow in real life, so lighting that makes them look that way really bothers me.

+ Reply to Thread