+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you like to do on dates?

Default What do you like to do on dates?

Fancy and Elaborate?
    Simple and Cozy?

Details, elaborate,etc.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Default Re: What do you like to do on dates?

Er.. In all the people i've gone out with i've never been on a "date".

A date for me is comprised of which it would be between myself and another, with no one else in which we would do the following things:

1) Enjoying a brunch, lunch or dinner together.
    2) Conversing, walking.. maybe in a park or in and around a city, beach or forest.
    3) Entertainment. Movies, watching a show, going to a club.
    4) After a night of entertainment, ethier I am taken home or taken to the home of the one I am with depending (I never go home with anyone on the first date). If they're lucky, a good night kiss and an exchange of numbers

Hmm, so I guess if I ever did go on a date it would be quite simple and informal. Nothing too frilly but a lot of fun.

You also remind me to stress about being taken out on a date, when i meet up with my girlfriend Shannon for the first time.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

it depends on the person but i have had good success with doing something that is considered cliche like dinner and a movie or a picnic or a night in manhattan or something that most people consider as being over done but when i suggest it the usual response is "wow i haven't done that in years, lets go"

also there is a little zoo in my town of paramus nj and it has a very short train ride and a merry go round and its a nice place to kill a few hours on an afternoon

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

the beach is always a good spot then to the arcade the woods are also nice for some alone time just as long as you keep your hands to yourself unless you got permission

I like movies... and I never expect the guy to pay! I hate it when people do that, it seems so arrogant. A lot of the time, just hanging out is fun, you get to see what the person's really like. Movies are never good for first dates, unless they're rented and you can curl up on the couch, and talk after.

The issue with movies, is that you don't talk. Sometimes just going for a walk is fun, there are some really lovely ares around here...

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I just hang out or maybe go out to get some coffee. I do the movie thing too, but if I'm broke I just go to a park or something, Topeka has some pretty good ones.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I'm a giving kind of person, so I'll do something like give the girl her cat back since she agreed to meet with me. Then maybe show her some of the pictures of been taking of her in the studio apartment with my telephoto lense. Nothing fancy

I think I have been on one good date so far in my life!!! hehehe....but i loved that one date cuz besides the normal dinner and a movie we went to look at customized cars and learn a few things about them!!! After that I started liking them more and more!!!

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Trotter: LOL!

date?!?! down where I lived we have diferent word for it (and a litlle bit diferent style), coffee's... It's just: "Let's take a coffee". That's a tipical date, and when you look at culture diference, we have much stronger cafë tradition. In every street you have minimum one bar, literaly, and in biger streets more of them.

you wanna coffee? =)

Before i got a girlfriend i spent most my dates tring to sleep with the person and never call them back afterward

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

officially I've been on one date...........................then I got dumped later that day.....................damn knew I should have split the bill its just he recived so much money that day I presumed it was on him oh well he was a twat anyway

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

im to poor to go on dates

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    officially I've been on one date...........................then I got dumped later that day.....................damn knew I should have split the bill its just he recived so much money that day I presumed it was on him oh well he was a twat anyway
    A man shoulkd always pay... So yea he was a twat but never think if you should split a bill with a man on the 1st date take it from a man who has dated alot...

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

dates? I wouldn't know...I have yet to meet a poor bastard that would dare take me out.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    dates? I wouldn't know...I have yet to meet a poor bastard that would dare take me out.
    Dunno about you boyz and grrlz but that sounds like an old fashioned "I double dare ya" kinda thing...

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

fuck

PaulCat's Avatar 3 Of My Nine Lives Left

Purple Pixie and MidniteCliche, if either of you are ever 'Up North in Bradford i'm sure i could show you a good time!

Acctually, open invite to anyone on here!!!

How's this for an idea, Start off with the special someones take away food of choice (Mmmm, bonus points if it's a chinese!... the food, not the special someone!) and then a movie at home on the sofa, or if there's a band playing we'll go see that!

Then off up to Bradford Rios, (Alt nightclub!) just because i'll be surrounded by people i know and if it all goes tits up, Plenty of drinking and dancing and fun having!

RAR!

and then phone numbers exchange if we haven't done that already,
    and on the second date fingers crossed for something a little more intimate!

Paul Cat.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie
    There is only one good reason to split the tab on a first date with a guy -- if you like him, think he's a good person, but you think the date is probably costly for him and you just don't think you like him that way. Otherwise, you don't pay or put out until the second date. Rules to live by

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

What is wrong with people? It doesn't have to cost that much to go out on a date. Just think of something cool. Steal some flowers if you have to, but jeez, you ought to be able to think of something fun. On the otherhand, I suppose I've been known to take extra girls along with me on dates in case they go bad, so what do I know, right?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    What is wrong with people? It doesn't have to cost that much to go out on a date. Just think of something cool. Steal some flowers if you have to, but jeez, you ought to be able to think of something fun. On the otherhand, I suppose I've been known to take extra girls along with me on dates in case they go bad, so what do I know, right?
    Someone is a P-I-M-P...I think with that line you became a hero to a few here...I gotta ask...how do you manage to pull that off?

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Never really been on a date since reaching adulthood. Prior to that I would take whoever it was out to a restaurant or something and we'd eat and chat. Perhaps that's why I lost my virginity at 21 ...

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

well i never really called my outings with my men...dates, but I guess that is because I was always in long term relationships....

But what I like to do when i am with my lovey...go historic towns, lakes/rivers/parks, shopping, museums/art gallerys, zoos, and then there is just the greatness of all greats - relaxation and snuggling....quiet time, reading, watching movies together, laying next to eachother chatting...and the other real fun thing that we all are pretty addicted to ...sex, no?

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    You rock. End story.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    fuck
    yee haww!!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    yee haww!!
    Giddy up!

It all depends on the type of person and what I am wanting out of the relationship with them...

If its someone I really like a nice dinner at a restaurant and then probally to the riverside to take a walk and talk for a while then a nice Carrige ride back to the car..Then it would be up to my date for what we do next...

Someone I want to just get in their pants...Welll....It starts with a trip to the Liquor store to get a little Liquid panty Loosener...Then a Rented movie or something...A decent home cooked meal with a little of the magic Elixer to ralax..Then off to the incredibly small love seat to watch the movie and down somemore of the love potion...And in the past by now we are kissing and fondeling..And so on and so fourth...

+ Reply to Thread