+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seeking Body Mod Jewelry Design - Anyone Seen This?

Vixen Blu's Avatar Junior Member

Default Seeking Body Mod Jewelry Design - Anyone Seen This?

Many years ago, I had found a site online that sold nipple shields. I have many types of shields I wear these days, but I have yet to add this one to my collection:

Source: http://andromeda-nyc.com/nipple2.html ((taken from the only known place that sold these-- last entry on this page)

I cant express how much I regret not buying these when I first saw them, despite that my then-credit cards were getting close to being maxed out. This Andromeda Company is the most unprofessional and lax about getting me any info. They did say that the company that made these was located in Europe and they deemed them discontinued.

Any idea if these are sold elsewhere? I have looked at countless vendors online and kept my eyes peeled at any pierce shop for them. Its been an endless search so far.

Default Re: Seeking Body Mod Jewelry Design - Anyone Seen This?

I'm in europe and I've never seen those. Kinda neat.

Maybe I'll spot them during festival season - I have a list of piercing jewelry I want to hunt down, myself. If so, I'll try to remember to grab a flyer and get back to you.

Thank you so much, Raza. At this point, it seems like such a fluke item. If only casting stainless steel (regardless of size) didnt require a whole foundry and lots of classes. Or else, I guess Id do it myself.

I know it. I can DIY just about everything I use a lot from trash and base materials, but for hard metal parts I remain painfully reliant on stores and what they happen to stock. The worst part is that most of that is over-polished blingy crap, so when I do spot something nice I find myself almost eager to shell out their ridiculous asking prices.

Same here. Besides, casting stainless steel (or any metal for that mater) requires a huge foundry. I know my mate worked at a place that had a foundry. However, they closed the foundry part down months ago because the expense of bureaucracy was too great for a small mom-n-pop.

This design seems pretty easy. In fact, I could model one in my 3D program within an hour. Too bad making it a reality would require a demand for hte product more than just me (one person)

Spike's Avatar Member

Sometimes if you go to your local tattoo/piercing parlor, they can special order jewelry for you. They may require you to put down a deposit, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

It's just a hollowed out cone from stainless?, with a hole drilled through it?....any machinist could make that easily

Mr Karl

I agree. However, I need stainless steel (316LVM preferred) in that shape and circumference. How do I find something that EXACT?

well, first find the outer circumference.....then go to your local metal dealer(here it's called metal supermarket......seriously) and see what they want for a bar that diameter. once you have the stock you need, you have to find someone who can do machining show them a picture of what you want, give them the dimensions and, well go from there.........it's a little work to do but it's not too too difficult for someone who basicaly knows thier way around a lathe and drillpress.....I'd help you out but your quite a ways from me

if your not really sure what machining is just watch a few youtube videos....there's lots of videos......lotys of boring ones but informational

Yeah. I dont know anyone who works with steel. I sure dont.

+ Reply to Thread