+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drummer trying to learn the Bass Guitar

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

Default Drummer trying to learn the Bass Guitar

I have been a percussionist for the last 9 years (trap set six) and I want to learn the bass guitar. Methinks I will try to learn the bass line for "Bela Lugosi's Dead" or "Hurt". I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a beginning bassist, or would just like to give their fave bass/drum/riff OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Drummer trying to learn the Bass Guitar

my big suggestion would be to make sure you get a halfway decent instrument like a fender jazz or percision bass those are cheap too if you already have one pratcice at least two hors a day and my fave bass line of all time is the intro to Black Sabbaths NIB

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

having been thumping away at a bass for a long time...13 years to be exact, I would say learn Jazzchords and all the basics first. Spend your warm up doing scales and use all your fingers...see that lil finger that finger can make you or break you make that puppy strong an adjile it will be you saviour. Rythm as you already know is key, simple bass lines can seem complex. Some of my favourites are Snapcase, and Refused they are simple but the progression and rythm are hwta make the so amazing, also learn a song you like you mesntioned a few that you like and they are fairley simple. Also listen to lots of Jazz one of the most underated modern Hardcore bands Refused used this to an amzing point....anyhow good luck, oh and satrting out any old bass will do, start with the BASICS then go form there.

I was bassist and screeamer on mic in my ex band... death metal
    bass is most powerfull instrument
    start with learning funky on bass, then everything else will be joke

darki's Avatar darki must die

Quote Originally Posted by Mekahoel The Pandafist
    Methinks I will try to learn the bass line for "Bela Lugosi's Dead" or "Hurt". I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a beginning bassist, or would just like to give their fave bass/drum/riff OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nice choice, cool songs!
    my suggestion is: do some blues, that's a good "base".

+ Reply to Thread