+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What habit do you have that we might not guess?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What habit do you have that we might not guess?

Part of my pact with the devil requires me to drink Perrier all day. What habit do you have that we might not guess?

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

Default Re: What habit do you have that we might not guess?

I am really nervous when I talk to people (even those I know) so I have a habbit of tugging on one of my earings when I speak to others in person.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Gosh, all my habits are really obvious and cliche... The kind of things a large breasted blonde would do...

I am totally addicted to these breast implant message boards where these bible belt Christian girls ask if God thinks it's OK to have implants!!! All the girls talk about is their implants. There is no terrorism, no hurricane, no economy crises. Only breast implants. It's so bimbo and white trash!!!

But now I have so much spyware that I can't get to the main implant website anymore. I have ShopNav or NavShop, and I cannot get rid of it. Spyware should be illegal.

Other habits like drinking wine are pretty predictable.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I like Webroot Spysweeper and Lavasoft Adaware as a first shot for getting rid of crappy spyware junk.

Weird habits, hmmm... I'm not sure it it's a habit, but I habitually don't answer the phone, even when I know I should. I mean to do it, but I don't. Maybe that's more of a phobia than a habit though. I'll have to think of something better.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

My *bad* (?) habit is looking at women's backsides first. Of course, when I'm talking to a woman I always look her direct in the eyes, but when they're walking along in front of me ...

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

Hm.. I was like mistressjennifer except instead of breast-implant message boards I was obsessed with pro-annorexia websites. I would read their message boards all the time just because I couldn't believe how fucked up they were. It was like staring at an accident - i couldn't help myself, i was fascinated with how insane those people were.

I eventually stopped going to look at those sites though because it started really getting to me. I had no sympathy for those people and it was all just a giant pity-party, "we can't help it because it's a disease, so don't try to tell us to get help or go to a hospital because we can't, now who wants to join me on a three-day-fast? i'm such a fat pig, i weigh two pounds." and If you tried to say something like "That's really unhealthy, you should talk to a friend about this and get some help" they'd all fly into a defensive rage and accuse you of "victimizing" them and how they are the victims of this terrible disease and they can't help themselves - or worse yet they'd accuse you of just being jealous of them, and post "thinspiration" photos like this:

http://www.adolescentesxlavida.com.ar/anorexia38.gif

as well as pictures of deathly-ill supermodels to encourage themselves to keep losing weight. Do you have any idea how many pro-annorexia online groups there are? With names like "Annorexia Is Beautiful", "Fasting Support", and just plain "Pro Annoriexia"? anyway i am totally going off on a tangent here, I apoligize, it just gets me worked up thinking about it. Anyway, that's what used to be a bad habit of mine - reading those kinds of forums.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i always always play with my lip ring it's really annoying especially when im talking to people and i get shy or uncomfertable (which is all the time )

Now I HAVE to go to the Annorexia websites!!! I have never even heard of them!!!

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I use to do that too -- go to pro ana mia sites and shit. I stopped though, without any reason ... though, there was no real reason to go in the furst place. My bad habit is taking back the same damn fool over and over again -- and over and over.

Morgue1313's Avatar Senior Member

I have many habbits regaurding eating. Mostly are old OCD behaviors that just die hard. I eat sliced bread sandwiches in three rows of three bites. I eat my muffins upsidedown.

I smoke enough weed to kill a mexican everyday!!!!!

hahahaha, what a question I'll answer this when I get more sleep

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GasmaskGirl
    Hm.. I was like mistressjennifer except instead of breast-implant message boards I was obsessed with pro-annorexia websites. I would read their message boards all the time just because I couldn't believe how fucked up they were. It was like staring at an accident - i couldn't help myself, i was fascinated with how insane those people were.

I eventually stopped going to look at those sites though because it started really getting to me. I had no sympathy for those people and it was all just a giant pity-party, "we can't help it because it's a disease, so don't try to tell us to get help or go to a hospital because we can't, now who wants to join me on a three-day-fast? i'm such a fat pig, i weigh two pounds." and If you tried to say something like "That's really unhealthy, you should talk to a friend about this and get some help" they'd all fly into a defensive rage and accuse you of "victimizing" them and how they are the victims of this terrible disease and they can't help themselves - or worse yet they'd accuse you of just being jealous of them, and post "thinspiration" photos like this:

http://www.adolescentesxlavida.com.ar/anorexia38.gif

as well as pictures of deathly-ill supermodels to encourage themselves to keep losing weight. Do you have any idea how many pro-annorexia online groups there are? With names like "Annorexia Is Beautiful", "Fasting Support", and just plain "Pro Annoriexia"? anyway i am totally going off on a tangent here, I apoligize, it just gets me worked up thinking about it. Anyway, that's what used to be a bad habit of mine - reading those kinds of forums.

Stairing at this http://www.fathersforlife.org/health/anorexia4.htm all day thanks a lot..lol

My bad habit is dancing or bouncing.... if I'm standing, taliing to someone, or even sitting in class I'm always moving around. Either that, or playing an imaginary drum kit.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well I absolutely had to give up coffee 3 yrs 10 months ago , I wonder whats next ?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I am super shy, especially infornt of girls, I oftne will be shft eyed or look at the ground and I get a little bouncy and nervous. I for some reason have been watching wrestling lately....it really is beyond me but there I am monday nights running on the tread mill watching the Wrastler doo some whoop assing....Let my imagination run to far..I cna creat amazing little scenes and situations in my mind that make me laugh but no one knows why. A Ted3ency to look downright evil in public. My ex said it was like watching a proffesional hitman walk, no emotion but a look of total concentration. Cold and caculated. I guess cause I am not a big fan of being in public.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I like Webroot Spysweeper and Lavasoft Adaware as a first shot for getting rid of crappy spyware junk.

Weird habits, hmmm... I'm not sure it it's a habit, but I habitually don't answer the phone, even when I know I should. I mean to do it, but I don't. Maybe that's more of a phobia than a habit though. I'll have to think of something better.
    Wouldnt caller ID help?

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

nose-picking and nail-biting !

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    nose-picking and nail-biting !
    Nose picking, if you eat the result, is supposed to be good for you; builds up immunity to all those germs which fly through your nose...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

really? hmmm...nahhh...ugghhh uh uh

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I find it really difficult to talk to people especially girls and I have a bad habit of being...what's the word he used to describe it?...harsh, no that wasn't it...brash, maby, anyhoo I deliberatly don't like people. And when I'm out drinking I have a tendancy to pretend to be more drunk than I am. I don't know why. I'm also an insufferable nit-picker.
    K

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

yep I have that tendancy to act more drunk than I am aswell which is probably why I just wasted a fortune on some underwear! I've also redeveloped the tendancy to chew my hair recently I stopped that when I was little when someone told me that I would die if I continue as there would be a big ball of white stuff in my stomach, I think I should probably have my hair chopped off again

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I find it really difficult to talk to people especially girls and I have a bad habit of being...what's the word he used to describe it?...harsh, no that wasn't it...brash, maby, anyhoo I deliberatly don't like people. And when I'm out drinking I have a tendancy to pretend to be more drunk than I am. I don't know why. I'm also an insufferable nit-picker.
    K
    Yeah i have the same problem with people i tend to be a bit condescending at times gets me in trouble with relationships

my bad habit is talking to strangers and then freaking them out if they are stupid, or making other boyfriends jelaous, sometimes I can be such a bastard...
    yeah I also "pick" my nose

I have a bad habit of going after bad boy musicians!!! hehehe....:P I also play with my hair alot when I am nervous or I start to shiver big time....guess cuz I feel the butterflies dancing in my stomach. Oh and I play with my earings when I am in deep concentration!

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

whenever i eat taco bell i rip the wrapper right down the fold as perfectly as possible then after eating it i fold the rip part over then fold it in half long ways again then fold it width wise over and over in 1/4 inch intervals until it is totally rolled up then i fold it in half long ways again... every time... luckily i don't eat taco bell very often anymore oh and when i ordered several soft tacos (my usual order was four soft tacos) i would eat the first two soft tacos with one pack of fire sauce each then the third taco plain then the fourth taco with two packs of fire sauce.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

oh and when i move out of a house/apartment hotelroom etc. i always verbally say good bye and thank you (when i know i will never see the place again) i've done that for as long as i can remember don't know why or how it started.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I also do not answer my phone (Gotta love Caller ID!!!) I think my worst habit centers on saying too many profanities. I curse way too much. Seems like I cannot go a day without cursing. . I really should refrain from saying too many curse words, but I cannot seem to break that pattern.

a have a bad habit of drinking too much to get over social anxiety.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well i can't drive with shoes on , it actually has a long storybehind it ,but it's late & i got shit tomarrow!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

ill bet noone guessed this, i have this habit of staying up way to late for no apparent reason it can get really annoying esp when i fall asleep in clas and stuff

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I keep blacking out then find myself covered in blood...not sure if it's so much a bad habit as it is annoying.

Dating bad boy musicians and not answering the phone, me too!!! Well, the telemarketers trick you, you can't answer the phone, most of them are salesmen...

poison's Avatar Senior Member

erm..i bite my lip, i fidget with my hair (i'll twist it around my fingers and look annoyingly girly!), i pull my nose stud in and out, i twist all my ear piercings (not all at the same time! when i'm nervous!), i twist my rings....i swear too much when i get annoyed and i never ever answer my phone if i'm unsure who is phoning! (people get annoyed by that!)

my friend always rips up packaging of any kind into little pieces..apparently this is a sign of sexual frustration! she told me when i started cutting up a polystyrene plate with a plastic knife on friday!

and your little dog too

make lists of things I hate.

I have this total ocd problem where I like to do things in fours. Four is my lucky number and somehow it turned all ocd on me. Like I will kiss my boyfriend four times before going to bed. Check to see if my door is locked four times...etc etc.

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I'm an orthography freak. And an overall perfectionist. I must detect and, if possible, correct all mistakes I find. So, obviously, many people think of me as a complete ass.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

I tweeze my nose hairs. All of them. I think they're ugly and unsightly, and i hate that boogers stick to them.

Also, i like the pain part of it a little.

I know, complete whackjob.

~Histrionica~

I'm shy around strangers and rarely talk when I'm among them.

After I'm done reading magazine I always put the back cover facing up this is something I have for years.

I have very odd sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack

Thank you Forrest! I used the spysweeper and FINALLY got rid of NavShop or ShopNav.

Oh, and I hate to answer the phone too. My job is answering phones, so when I go home I hate talking on the phone.

+ Reply to Thread