+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who wants a Google + invite?

Default Who wants a Google + invite?

Not a lot of work has been taking place at HQ this afternoon. Been a lot of playing with the Google + beta.

So far, I think the coolest feature is their circles system. This allows you to have ways of grouping people you know. For example, if you used to live in one city and moved to another, you can group your friends geographically, so you know which folks to hit up if you are available for dinner in a particular location. If you...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Who wants a Google + invite?

Sent you a PM. I want an invite.

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

I do, please!

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

I just read about that last night. Should be interesting to see how it compares to all the other social networking sites.
    I'd like an invite too

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Invites sent to Sierra and incog and everyone who used the contact form or PM. vulfgirl, please PM me and I will make it so

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

PM'd you, lady!

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Maybe one day I'll check it out. I'll let ya know

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Just sent a pm.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Most recent batch of Google+ invites sent out

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think the necessity for social networking sites has come and gone- if it was ever here at all. What has it been, ten years of this shit?

It's a great way to get in touch with old acquaintances- yeah, well did you ever consider that if you had such a great relationship with them you probably wouldn't have lost touch with them in the first place. You never cared to invest any enegry into having or keeping these people in your life but ten years later you are going to "add" them. waste of time.

Speaking of wasting time, for the people that I foolishly tried to maintain human contact with... now I am unable to communicate with them in any way unless I sit down on my computer and weed through tangles of inane commentary to find some glimpse of something that might chance pertain to my daily reality.

What's that you say? Oh, only geezers actually sit down on their computers, everyone has the internet on their phones.

Am I the only one that remembers that ancient time when people had phones at their houses, where you could call and leave a message citing the relevant information and they would get back to you at their convenience. In the meantime it was assumed that they were actually BUSY. I know, novel idea right? Can you believe it? There was a moment when people's free time was valued and they were considered to have something more important to do than listen to the urgent thoughts of whatever happens to pop into the heads of everyone they've ever met.

I've given up on everyone who has the imperative to seek out the lasted net fad but not to pick up a phone and push a button to talk to a friend.

On this side the ringer has been not surprisingly silent.

I hate phones. Real life contact beats the internets, but phones combine the worst of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by MG
    It's a great way to get in touch with old acquaintances- yeah, well did you ever consider that if you had such a great relationship with them you probably wouldn't have lost touch with them in the first place. You never cared to invest any enegry into having or keeping these people in your life but ten years later you are going to "add" them. waste of time.
    And "If it was important, you wouldn't have forgotten it", amirite?

Psychology and time management don't work that way, dude. Priority placed on an aspect of your life is not automatically proportional to its importance or potential, and having them conveniently accessible in a central, organized database that provides the first-line means of getting in touch is actually as helpful as it sounds.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Has anyone else had trouble with importing contacts from yahoo? It's still showing up even though it says I'm connected.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i am quite tempted to try this one out. any invites still available? i find the idea of a social networking site not making me indicate my gender rather enticing.

+ Reply to Thread