+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reno 911 Season Finale

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Reno 911 Season Finale

Anyone else watch the Reno 911 season finale? I thought it was sort of disappointing. Like the TV telling me to get back to work or something.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Reno 911 Season Finale

I thought it was hillarious how their replacements where exatcly the same but yeah it was kind of dissapointing i liked tonights episode of south park tho

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

their last season finale was awesome cus it left off as a clifhanger but when they came back it was all just a dream and i was like what the fuck this is bull shit

Yeah, that show has HILARIOUS moments. But the story arcs are weak. Just a format to let them play improv within, I guess.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
    Yeah, that show has HILARIOUS moments. But the story arcs are weak. Just a format to let them play improv within, I guess.
    *nods in agreement*

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

NO SPOILERS!

*looks for a torrent to download it*

Does anyone remember when most of the cast of reno 911 were in MTV's "The State" years ago? That show made my sides split. I am glad to see they are still together, although the season final of 911 was a little bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by batty
    Does anyone remember when most of the cast of reno 911 were in MTV's "The State" years ago? That show made my sides split. I am glad to see they are still together, although the season final of 911 was a little bleh.
    OMG I loved The State. I thought Forrest and I were the only people who ever saw that show and I was so bummed when it was cancelled. I didn't know that my favorite Comedy Central show had cast members in common. What an awesome factoid! Thanks.

But I want to be Boz's bitch!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I am pretty sure at least three of the Reno 911 cast is from the State. Thomas Lennon is for sure, as well as the mousey brown haired lady, and the little mustache guy (I forget his 911 characters name or the actors name).

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by batty
    Yeah I am pretty sure at least three of the Reno 911 cast is from the State. Thomas Lennon is for sure, as well as the mousey brown haired lady, and the little mustache guy (I forget his 911 characters name or the actors name).
    oh I hated when they cancelled that show.

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Dude: I have a sick, sick thing for Deputy Weigel. Did you see the ep when she was dating the serial killer?

(You may remember Weigel from The State; she was the one who beat the Snuggles bear to death with an iron in that clip you guys played for me when I was suicidal. Thanks for that, if I haven't said so before.)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Judy
    Dude: I have a sick, sick thing for Deputy Weigel. Did you see the ep when she was dating the serial killer?

(You may remember Weigel from The State; she was the one who beat the Snuggles bear to death with an iron in that clip you guys played for me when I was suicidal. Thanks for that, if I haven't said so before.)
    Hadn't realized that was the same person. You and Batty have the sharp eyes.

I have seen all the Reno 911 episodes due to the glories of wondrous TiVo (My brother says TiVo people are all creepy zealots and that is why he won't get one.)

And you are most welcome

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i didnt see the season finale. i watched it tonight though. i watch it everytime i see it on TV and i think its friggin hillarious

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

what's the deal with tivo? I can't see paying, what is it? 30 bucks a month? or something that I can program my VCR to do for free. of course I can't record 20 hours worth of shit... but you need ask yourself, if you had more imporant things to do with your life at a time that outweighed the advantages of watching 20 hours of TV, is it really a good idea to spend that time doing so at a later date?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    what's the deal with tivo? I can't see paying, what is it? 30 bucks a month? or something that I can program my VCR to do for free. of course I can't record 20 hours worth of shit... but you need ask yourself, if you had more imporant things to do with your life at a time that outweighed the advantages of watching 20 hours of TV, is it really a good idea to spend that time doing so at a later date?
    It is $12.95 for the plan I have and I just tell it what I generally like and it looks up when it is playing and records it for me, pays attention to my priorities and when two shows I like are on at the same time, and makes recommendations based on what I like.

I didn't even have a TV connected to any sort of reception for years. I can't stand sitting through commercials because I don't like other people forcing me to waste my time. I'm not about to schedule my week around when shows are on. I don't even want show schedule information in my grey matter. I'm not about to waste a ton of time to carefully read TV Guide or spend hours programming a VCR and filling my living space with giant tapes.

There is actually some good television out there and before I had TiVo I saw just about none of it. TiVo opened up a whole new creative medium to me which I never really experienced before.

I work a lot more than an eight hour day and sometimes it is fairly high stress and it takes me a while to decompress and settle down to go to sleep. With TiVo, there is always something on I can relax to at the end of my day. No channel surfing required.

Oh, I did mention that my brother was right when he told me all TiVo people are zealots?

+ Reply to Thread