+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody watching American horror story??

Default Anybody watching American horror story??

It's a really good series. It may be worth you time, I've found it pretty dark and sexy.

Link to show

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Anybody watching American horror story??

Yeah, with it and The Walking Dead, it's been the best season of television I can remember for a long time, especially with some of the other shows I like coming back on too.

I wonder why they called it that. American culture really isn't mysterious enough to add much charm as a central theme... at least a sound 60% of well-known horror movies out there are US-centric.

I guess it's a functional stand-by in a populous country with an... emphatic national identity.

lol, that's a bit provincial. It has it's charm here, just a different frame of reference.

Heh. I think you may underestimate how your frame of reference spills all over the world.

I guess I shouldn't call it uncreative before I see it, though. Who knows how they've worked it in - Americanism certainly has some unique horrors of its own.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Watched two episodes. Stopped.
    It was boring.

I'm glad started a thread... 2 posts about how America is a cultural shithole and 1 post about how the show sucks. :P Good to be back, lol!

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Oh, and what's my post? Chop fucking liver? Way to make me feel appreciated.

That's not what I said. If it's what you read then perhaps it is what you need to hear, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That's not what I said. If it's what you read then perhaps it is what you need to hear, though.
    Thank you your majesty... I guess you have it all figured out...

Yes, and don't call me that. Death to the queen.

What I mean is that I was mocking american patriotism, not belittling america itself. You're an interesting country with plenty of cool stuff about it, but so is practically every other place in the world, and these group identity circle jerks are tiresome no matter who the group in question is.

It is presently my favourite show on. It pretty face paced and in your face, but I really enjoy it.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

It's starting to get a little absurd I think. I stopped watching after the wife at the brain....maybe I'll pick it up again when I'm really bored. It is different though, I'll give it that.

+ Reply to Thread