+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it wrong to take Pleasure in the suffering of others?

Default Is it wrong to take Pleasure in the suffering of others?

Im not talking about innocent people who didnt hurt anybody.
    I am talking about people that do stuff like hurting people for no reason.

I know this in itself seems hypocritical, but there is a kind of difference.

I mean: Say a person who doesnt hurt people, or like people getting hurt. That person comes across a person who did do that stuff, and then they end up watching the person get tortured.

They wouldnt take pleasure in that normally, but after knowing all the stuff that the person did, they are happy that vengance or a form for justice is being exacted.
    This is not a personal opinion or view, but merely a topic for debate, if it is understandable what the question is, despite My making the stuff seem more complicated or confusing than it is to begin with.

Anyways, Thoughts, Comments, Opinions?

DISCUSS!

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Default Re: Is it wrong to take Pleasure in the suffering of others?

Basic human insticnt is revenge. So, no, I don't think so.

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I think sadism is part of human nature. A fucked-up part, but it's there.
    Sometimes, it's not like you can help it. A guy falling off a burning building and bouncing on the sidewalk can be a funny sight.
    Or maybe I am more screwed than I admit.

... I guess.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

hey as long as they deserved it its tottaly cool especially if they did something to you its called karma

Ah, yes, Karma. Fucks me up every once in a while.

I dont feel guilty taking pain in the pleasure of others, but I only like people getting hurt when they DESERVE it, for example: That boy in florida on the news who skinned a cat alive, then rubbed it in the dirt to infect it, disected parts of it while it was still alive after skinning it, then setting it on fire!

When asked why he did that, the boy answered: He was bored.

That cat still lived through all of that, but I dont know if it is still alive.

There are two different aspects to this. One, you can be the cat-skinning boy, enjoying in inflicting pain on the cat. And two, you can watch the video of the boy skinning the cat and say 'cool'.
    I'm mostly the second. I can't help it.

... I guess.

Im the kind that would take Pleasure in the boy having done to him what he did to the cat for no reason.

There's a third: You can start kicking the shit out of the boy who skinned the cats 'cause cats fucking rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Macabre_Dreams
    There's a third: You can start kicking the shit out of the boy who skinned the cats 'cause cats fucking rule.

Isnt that sort of like My type?

No, but seriously. You're being vindictive and self-righteous. We're talking sadistic bastard here.

... I think.

Im not exactly sure how to describe My opinions in that.

The above was just a rough attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Isnt that sort of like My type?
    Pretty much.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yes, it is. It's not "human nature". For one thing I highly doubt that you are a geneticist, which means that you lack the credibiblity to define what is and isn't part of human instinctual impulses. and for two, logical thinking clearly shows that there are people who don't take pleasure in the suffering of others, who are in fact appaled by it, so then how can It be a quality of human nature if there are humans that don't demonstrate those qualities?

Also that's not what's called Karma. Most stupid new-age westerners cling to one facet of an idealogy because it's clever and trendy and dimiss all other aspects, so that they completly misinterpret what it is that they are even thinking of. karma is the system of what is and what should be. think of it like a path in life. When something happens that's supposed to, that's karma. ( If you beleive in karma, then you'll think that everything is karma, or that everything happens for a reason, and nothing happens that's not supposed to.) karma is NOT a universal system of fair judgement. You could suffering misfortune undeserving until the day you die, and a bad person could be happy and get all the joys of life, it'd still be karma. karma is more like the christian ideal of predestination, then of the philosophy "what goes around, come around."

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    yes, it is. It's not "human nature". For one thing I highly doubt that you are a geneticist, which means that you lack the credibiblity to define what is and isn't part of human instinctual impulses. and for two, logical thinking clearly shows that there are people who don't take pleasure in the suffering of others, who are in fact appaled by it, so then how can It be a quality of human nature if there are humans that don't demonstrate those qualities?

Also that's not what's called Karma. Most stupid new-age westerners cling to one facet of an idealogy because it's clever and trendy and dimiss all other aspects, so that they completly misinterpret what it is that they are even thinking of. karma is the system of what is and what should be. think of it like a path in life. When something happens that's supposed to, that's karma. ( If you beleive in karma, then you'll think that everything is karma, or that everything happens for a reason, and nothing happens that's not supposed to.) karma is NOT a universal system of fair judgement. You could suffering misfortune undeserving until the day you die, and a bad person could be happy and get all the joys of life, it'd still be karma. karma is more like the christian ideal of predestination, then of the philosophy "what goes around, come around."
    In a debate, it kind of helps to either quote or mention who you are responding to.

Also, I just started this topic for interesting discussion.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well I didn't qoute anyone's specific words.. and that was kind of adressed to anyone who falls into the parameters of hearing what I said, but as far as that goes, Im sure the people who are most sutible to have my words apply to them, know who they are.

+ Reply to Thread