+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung Corporate Performance Art

Default Samsung Corporate Performance Art

In an act of corporate performance art this week, Samsung started paying Apple their billion dollars with thirty trucks full of coins. Zurmat reports that the trucks carried nickels, but the photo illustration suggests pennies. To paraphrase Skylar from the season finale of Breaking Bad, I have no earthly idea what a billion...
    Read the full article

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: Samsung Corporate Performance Art

So they actually did that? I saw a thing going around on Facebook about it last week but it was saying that the original article about it was from a joke site, similar to The Onion and that it didn't actually happen. So, did Samsung just like the gag idea and go ahead and do it?

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/samsung.asp

Here's a link to the Snopes article covering the whole fiasco. It didn't seem likely that Samsung had actually done that since I remember hearing or reading about a repeal being filed. It doesn't matter to me either way, I don't own a smart phone, probably never will. Same with tablets. I also don't care much for Apple products anyway. I still have my Ipod classic because no one made anything better since by the time other companies were getting ready to tackle being able to hold more than 160gb of data, it was already time to go to war over phones. I've never liked their computers, especially the price for the same stuff as a Windows computer with the same hardware. Oh well, it's just Apple being the elitist douches they are, like a good portion of their customer base. Some of them are okay, but I'm really just tired of Apple/Mac owners trying to brag about their stuff and then look at me like I'm a blasphemer when I tell them my computer is more powerful for half the price and that I don't need my phone to be anything more than a phone that makes and receives calls and the occasional text.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Well, drat. I guess it was too awesome to be real.

Apple makes some perfectly good products, but I find it surreal how many people will vehemently insist that Apple is "better" for some intangible reason, when they could get more bang for the buck on the Windows side. I don't think there is anything wrong with paying more for a pretty laptop case or whatever, but it is silly to delude oneself into believing this means the box is more powerful or "better for graphics" or whatever.

That would have been cool... and consequently, improbable from that end of our culture.

It'd also have cost far more than a billion dollars that way. Supermarkets are complaining about the extra costs of providing change as it is.

Pleth's Avatar Junior Member

The only thing worse than Apple is Apple fanboys.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Yeah, this story is pretty much impossible mathematically, as funny as it would have been. Even if you could magically obtain that many coins (no way in hell otherwise) the fuel, trucks, logistics, driver wages, and criminal charges/fines resulting in dumping enough metal to clog an entire street would make the joke less worth it...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Don't forget those paper wrappers.

Remember those "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" commercials? We were supposed to believe that fucking Justin Long was cooler than the dude that was a correspondent on The Daily Show?

+ Reply to Thread