+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tucker Max, Pink, Mosh, Threesome, The Time of Someone Else's Life

Default Tucker Max, Pink, Mosh, Threesome, The Time of Someone Else's Life

Last night, I finished reading Tucker Max's most recent book Hilarity Ensues. I also read his Assholes Finish First, but I...
    Read the full article

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Re: Tucker Max, Pink, Mosh, Threesome, The Time of Someone Else's Life

Tucker Max is an assclown. I've met the man, and yes, I am the Rockwulf from the 2nd book. However the slanderous, woefully inaccurate account of the events of that particular story don't include was a fucking doofus he is, or how he exaggerates literally every single action so that "I talked to a girl" becomes "I talked a girl into a 3-way"

3. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Rockwulf For This Useful Post:

Buster Friendly (01-21-2013)

Never liked Max's writing.

Don't need to meet him.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I've never heard of him until now

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

so wait... you didn't talk the girl into a 3-way?

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

me neither... from his website:

"My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole.

I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead."

Seems like a pretty weak shtick.... especially in the era of shockjokes, shock sites etc.

Come to some bars on Long Island, plenty of drunk assholes for viewing, free of charge!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf View Post
    Tucker Max is an assclown. I've met the man, and yes, I am the Rockwulf from the 2nd book. However the slanderous, woefully inaccurate account of the events of that particular story don't include was a fucking doofus he is, or how he exaggerates literally every single action so that "I talked to a girl" becomes "I talked a girl into a 3-way"

In the instance of the Los Angeles 3-way I mentioned, I think it happened, I just think those chicks took Tucker Max to school and he didn't even realize what was happening.

I remembered your account of the RV thing when I was reading it in the second book. You must have seen something to like in his earlier work or you wouldn't have had the misfortune to end up in that situation. It is possible that more women like his stuff because they see the personal pain above the assholery in that sort of instance. To me, that read like someone acting out absurdly, in order to try to try to live up to an impression he thought he had made and to win love from strangers. (Kind of what I mean about him no longer being able to dance like no one is watching.) I think you got him so riled because you seemed like you liked his persona, but you made it clear that you were not impressed by effing up random people's cars and such.

On the few occasions I have interacted with Tucker Max either in person or online, he has always been quite nice to me, so I hesitated to review his more recent stuff and I am inclined to like him. I think he is an exceptional person who is stuck in a mode which works for him professionally, but isn't working for him artistically any more.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I liked his earlier work when I thought it was legit. Now that I know from personal experience that he's at least 60% full of shit, I hadn't even given him a second's thought in years. Until this thread popped up I'd nearly forgotten him completely.

If you like him, by all means, keep liking him. Personally, I'm over it.

+ Reply to Thread