+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever have trouble leaving the house?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you ever have trouble leaving the house?

I live in Los Angeles. Lots to do here. But sometimes an event sounds totally fun and like I totally want to do it when I hear about it, but then, on the night I am actually supposed to go, I find it difficult to get it up to actually get dressed up and venture out. Do you ever have trouble leaving the house?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Do you ever have trouble leaving the house?

waaaaaaaait a minute people leave their house? You lie girl.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Usually, I only leave the house when I run low on beer.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

I'm the same way.. I'll be excited about something, but when it comes down to it.. sometimes it's too much work for something that probably isn't going to turn out to be as fun as you think.. or hope.

I'm a pessimist though..

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i stay in my dorm room alll day exept for class and when i have to use the computer

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

For me it's the other way about. There are so many events that I attend - either as organiser or as guest - that I rarely get to see my house during daylight hours. I have to change that, otherwise I'm never going to finish building it!

Me? I never really think of leaving, but there are occasions. Like when I want to see some friends, but most of the time I, quite honestly, don't like being around a lot of people.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Oh god I know!!! Every night there is some party or event. You would be dead if you tried to go to everything. No one has that much energy!!! If you don't want to leave the house, then your body is telling you to slow down. You don't want to burn yourself out.

Also, maybe it is an omen. One day I really didn't fell like going out,and I went out anyway and my purse was stolen, so listen to your intuition.

Lange's Avatar Bull Shit!! I love Amelia

I think that has something to do with your job...

I make myself get off the PC and go to the gym or I would just stay home and talk with you all day.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

sometimes....but I usually try to get out when I can.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It's usually about how tired I am.
    If I am really tired, and had a long day, I am not up for going out during the week.
    But if I had all Saturday to sleep in, I can't wait to go do something fun on Saturday night...
    But when people try to get me to go out on a weeknight, they have to poke and prod me
    quite a bit to get me out the door...

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

soemtimes i get caught up watching tv... and i will be sitting there saying "damn i have to get up ...why am i still changing the channels..i have someone waiting for me to pick them up and i can't seem to hit the power button yet"

but except for the tv...if i am ever not in the mood to go to something i have been planning for awhile i force myself to go b/c it usually turns out to be more fun then i expected...

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

unfortunately i suffer from social anxiety, slight parnoia, i have been suffering from manic depression and anxiety/nervosa since i was 14...so yeah, i have a problem leaving....i don't have a lot of self esteem, but there are reasons for this...i dont have my man near me anymore, my family is more messed up lately than they have ever been, i lost more than 3/4 of my friends that I had and now i have been working more than ever so I never do anything...though I am about to leave to go to my Thursday bowling leauge! haha...i think the older I get - the less functional I get...I just can't wait to get married and have my kid so I can have something to do ALL the time...haha, yeah I know what you are all thinking right now......l

Poisondove's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I live in Los Angeles. Lots to do here. But sometimes an event sounds totally fun and like I totally want to do it when I hear about it, but then, on the night I am actually supposed to go, I find it difficult to get it up to actually get dressed up and venture out. Do you ever have trouble leaving the house?
    I suffer the same kind of thing.
    Always end up canceling the thing or being all anxious/nervous to go.
    Like I have home leaving inertia to overcome.

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett1313
    unfortunately i suffer from social anxiety, slight parnoia, i have been suffering from manic depression and anxiety/nervosa since i was 14...so yeah, i have a problem leaving....i don't have a lot of self esteem, but there are reasons for this...i dont have my man near me anymore, my family is more messed up lately than they have ever been, i lost more than 3/4 of my friends that I had and now i have been working more than ever so I never do anything...though I am about to leave to go to my Thursday bowling leauge! haha...i think the older I get - the less functional I get...I just can't wait to get married and have my kid so I can have something to do ALL the time...haha, yeah I know what you are all thinking right now......l
    I can definately relate to what you're saying here, but I do have a kid.

I was supposed to go out last night to this tattoo art gallery thing, but then I just got all into this movie I was watching, and of course, DINNER!!! Then, HOT BATH...

I went out more when my girlfriend used to go out with me. It's easier when you have a club buddy... We used to get totally decked out and just make trouble... We got into EVERY kind of trouble that two girls can possible get into in Manhattan... But she has disappeared, literally, no one knows where she is...

today I am even having trouble getting in the shower...I can't get going, should I work out first then shower....what if somone interupts my work out? then maybe later on when I know I wont be bothered...ughhh I got all kinds of work to doo uggghhhh oh well shower is a ood place to start.... gte dressed grab a beerage of some type coffee or tea I dunno..maybe some green tea...then figure things out from there

I hate getting in my car. If I can get there by foot or bike, I'm much better off. In fact, I just spent mucho cash on my car stereo to try to motiviate myself to leave the house more. We shall see.

I used to go to everything. I liked rock shows and art shows and even the smallest award shows. It takes a lot to make me go out now. I would go to the opening of an envelope. Now I surf the internet. I'm enjoying the internet more since Blue Blood online relaunched.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
    I hate getting in my car. If I can get there by foot or bike, I'm much better off. In fact, I just spent mucho cash on my car stereo to try to motiviate myself to leave the house more. We shall see.
    why such a problem with the car... although i love living in a place were walking biking or public transport or even car are convinent there are definately times when i just want to get in my car and drive and realize that i am totally self sufficient not needing to worry about making the transfer train or catching the bus or having exact change or making it home before the transit system shuts down...or if i ride my bike there but afraid that it will start downpouring on the ride home... so why so anti-car?

I don't have problems in leaving my home but I have problems gething back

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I often lack the energy or motivation to leave my bed, let alone my house.

flame goddess

i live in hell. it's a small military town in oklahoma and it's literally my hell. theres nothing to do here so when the chance arrives to get out of the house i'm all for it. in fact i've always been like that, if i stay inside too long i get bored and then i get cranky and my thoughts become self destructive. the only time i have a hard time motivating myself is for work, no matter how much i like my job, i can't find excitement in going.

I'm supposed to go to this art/tattoo Paul Booth thing in this really posh place in Gramercy Park tomorrow night. I am HOPING that I will go to it. It is right after work, so I will just go straight from work... I HOPE I will make it to this event....

In New York, everything sort of happens in the fall and winter and basically when it is FREEZING COLD!!!

Now if it were up to ME, I would make everything in the summer when it is easy to go out in some skimpy little outfit...

I tend to be anxious about the event, and thus unable to sleep. (And coupled with My Chronic Insomnia, and odd sleep hours, that is REALLY bad sleep methods

I know what you mean, but My reasons are different, possibly.

i have that problem too. and then sometimes i'm all dressed up and no where to go.
    b*tches

OK I did it, I LEFT THE HOUSE!!! I went to a tattoo art event in this posh place. It was very cool. Had some white wine, some cheese, talked about tattoos with the pretty girl with long black hair and long black nails.

I DID IT!!!!

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I usually have a lot of trouble leaving whatever place I'm currently in. I've missed dates, work interviews or medical appointments just for not getting off my ass, even if I'm just at some comic store, reading crap. I think it's got something to do with something called "abulia". At least that's the spanish name for it.

... I guess.

somewhatdamaged's Avatar Exiled

even if i wanted to i can't leave until the doctors find out a way to give me my legs back

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I'm kinda supposed to go see a couple shows tonight, and I think they will be totally fun, but man, I just really don't feel like going out at all. It's weird, I know it will be fun, but I don't want to go out at all. It just doesn't make sense, but there it is.

forrest I have the same propblem sometimes sometimes I don't want to go becasue I don't know anyone and I really I dunno wanna go and see the band but you have people looking at you and stuff and you get self paranoid...or at least I do but heck if I love the band and wanna have a good time I am gonna havea good time..now sire go havea good time dammit! please

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    forrest I have the same propblem sometimes sometimes I don't want to go becasue I don't know anyone and I really I dunno wanna go and see the band but you have people looking at you and stuff and you get self paranoid...or at least I do but heck if I love the band and wanna have a good time I am gonna havea good time..now sire go havea good time dammit! please
    See, for me, I do know a million people at the shows or whatever, and I honestly do enjoy getting to see them, but getting out is so hard. Tonigh, I saw one of the best shows I've ever seen at Bar Sinister, and got to run into a ton of cool friends and stuff. It was great, and I even knew it would be fun, but leaving the house has become very difficult. And yeah, I have so much work to do it's crazy, and I do feel bad about leaving it to go out and play, but somehow that doesn't seem like reason enough to not want to go. I did have a good time out and that's really cool. I guess I just need someone there to remind me that it will be fun.

I think I need a going out cheerleader squad! Hahaha.. That would be awesome!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack

I think I need a going out cheerleader squad! Hahaha.. That would be awesome!
    I wouldn't mind one of those myself...and they gotta do elaborate routines and what not like they do on the ESPN cheerleader championships.

Though really if you think about we'd be better off with like a Going Out Dominatrix who literally kicks you out of your own house and tells you YOU MUST GO OUT TONIGHT! in a forceful german accented kinda voice...yup...gonna go get me one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    why such a problem with the car... although i love living in a place were walking biking or public transport or even car are convinent there are definately times when i just want to get in my car and drive and realize that i am totally self sufficient not needing to worry about making the transfer train or catching the bus or having exact change or making it home before the transit system shuts down...or if i ride my bike there but afraid that it will start downpouring on the ride home... so why so anti-car?
    I find that people are often at their worst in cars. It is so isolating. People are rarely as selfish as they are in cars. I get frustrated and angry at other people when I'm behind the wheel and rarely do anywhere else.

Plus, I'm usually drunk. (j/k)

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG

that is me. sometimes id rather just be at home lying in bed than going out to an event. i hate being at home, but at the same time id rather be at home then out, even if it sounds like something exciting.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

THere are lots of times I plan to go out and then the night of the event comes and this thing hits me like a hammer, Responsibility, and I decide not to spend that money. And yet I still find myself planning for European Vacation. *shakes head* What am I going to do with my self?
    K

+ Reply to Thread