+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dont sweat the small stuff

rayvanfire's Avatar the dark and fallen one

Default dont sweat the small stuff

they say dont sweat the small stuff, its all small stuff, if we dont sweat something we would all implode! Its human nature, we fret about things to relive stress and tention. we're not robots, we cant just DELETE our feelings. its just not that easy, so we do stress over small stuff. and the amusing thing is everyone i know does it, and turns around and tells me not to sweat the small stuff. hmmm somethings not right there, what do you think?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: dont sweat the small stuff

People get annoyed and angry about stupid things.

If I see a guy in a business suit, walking down the street, pissed off because his latte was not hot enough, I think that is someone getting angry, and sweating over "small stuff". That is stupid, and I have no sympathy for that guy.

But if I see a homeless guy walking down the street, and he is pissed off because his "home" got stolen, and he has no money, and he is hungry, and has no job, and he stinks, and his life is total shit, then yes, I think he is angry about bigger issues. He is not going to be angry that his latte is too cold. He would be happy to get any food, or a cup of regular coffee, etc...

That is what people mean by not sweating the small stuff.

If your friend forgot to send you a birthday present, don't get mad.
    If your friend got hit by a truck, and died, then get mad...

Get it?

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

Sometimes, too many small things added up cause a breakdown (and not in the latte-too-cold kinda way).

Default The devil's in the details

Here is me not sweating a premature post

The thing is, most people use the small stuff to vent from the big stuff. The guy screaming at his latte for being cold may have just had an old friend die. It's easier to yell at cofee than rage at god, and more socially acceptable. And of course, who can agree what is the small stuff. That guy may love fresh hot coffee, but shrug off the fact that his wife is doing his best friend. It's all about perspective.

+ Reply to Thread