+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawaii

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Default Hawaii

Im going at the end of the month, 9 nights in Honolulu, then 5 nights on Maui. Ive never been there, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on places I shouldnt miss, or clubs to go to?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Hawaii

Glass bottom boats rule! I lived on the big island for a while. Loved it, but the pace of life is very very slow. That is hard to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Glass bottom boats rule! I lived on the big island for a while. Loved it, but the pace of life is very very slow. That is hard to get used to.
    I can understand that, Its going to be so hard to be away from New England during Halloween, and if your not from around here, it would be hard to explain how much us NE people get into the holiday of Halloween. None the less, Im looking forward to the trip. I may do some more individual island hopping, I was looking for some pretty good clubs too, to check out while there. I got the camera and recording equipment ready to go, and plan to post some pics when I get back. Great work you have been showing lately by the way, absolutlely beautiful

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

oh yeah and uhm I know if I was there I would have to try surfing...do the make tiki shirts that are just black? anyhow have fun

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

The far side of Maui (Hana) is beautiful. Personally, I didn't like the resorts in Kaanapali. Kaui is amazing. Be sure to surf and paraglide once each to say you did.

CypherZA's Avatar Junior Member

Hawaii rocks, it depends on what you want out of it, one thing though, if you are going to learn how to surf go through a school that is going to take you to a "public" break, the locals there are fiercely protective of their personal beaches and will hand you your ass if you surf their break without earning it... I have surfed since I was eight and it still took about 3 weeks of proving myself to the locals for them to let me surf the north side of Oahu.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

How fun!!!! You will have a great time!!! I have never been there (too pale I would burn up!!), but it sounds like fun!

ok, I will look into Tiki shirts, and I plan to explore as much of the islands as possible. As for surfing, I dont think its advisable for a fossil like me to try surfing..LOL. I wouldnt have to worry about the locals handing me my ass, Id break my neck in less than a minute. I will enjoy watching others surf though. I definitley want to check out glass bottom boats as well. Thanks to all of you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I want to see and do as much as possible.

I have some family who live in Hawaii. My Aunt is white, and complains that the "natives" don't like her. This tells me that the "natives" are intelligent people who dislike yuppie snots who learn the language and assume that they suddenly have a deep understanding of their culture...... I think I'd probably like it there if it wasn't for all that damn sunshine.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by macabrette
    I have some family who live in Hawaii. My Aunt is white, and complains that the "natives" don't like her. This tells me that the "natives" are intelligent people who dislike yuppie snots who learn the language and assume that they suddenly have a deep understanding of their culture...... I think I'd probably like it there if it wasn't for all that damn sunshine.
    My grandparents used to live in the hills above the Pipeline and Waimea Bay. The "natives"
    are actually extremely friendly when you prove not to be just another "haolie" tourist. They tend to speak a creole version of english.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread