+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire

If you are one of the six or seven people who have not seen any of Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire, you should click here now.

I think it is most entertaining that Jon Stewart is actually becoming an important voice in American politics. His lead-in show right now might be puppets making crank phone calls, but I think he will eventually run for office. And win.

I must however admit that I find Tucker Carlson disturbingly hot. Like he just really needs someone to have an elegant refined quiet dinner with him and then tie him to the bedposts and make him howl. But maybe that is just me.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire

Oh my god, that is funny!

Jon stewart it kewl always liked him. as fatr so those other 2 just a couple of zombies walking around bitching about shit they can't change. If you tied him down to a bed he would cry liek a bitch not howl like a wolf...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think he's an idiot. this is my impression of him " hahahaha. look at how stupid george bush is. hahahaha. look at how stupid john kerry is. we are really smart because we say that everything is stupid." so i say, if politics is so stupid why the fuck don't you shut up about it? the answer: politics is stupid, and so is john stewart. what is smart: thinking that politics is stupid, so thus not giving a shit about politics OR wasting your time watching a TV show telling you shit you allready knew.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

That has been the talk all over today, glad to finally see it for myself. Thanks Amelia

so. good.

wow.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Wow....he actually confronted those two evil fucks and the mess that is crossfire...and media, shows like that, and partisan crap in general.

The daily show is consistently brilliant and hilarious. But the Crossfire appearance is something else entirely. Jon Stewart keeps me sane. He is quickly becoming the only person I trust in media.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon
    The daily show is consistently brilliant and hilarious. But the Crossfire appearance is something else entirely. Jon Stewart keeps me sane. He is quickly becoming the only person I trust in media.
    That's a scary reality when the only poeple in the media that can be trusted are comedians on comedy central.

That was a good clip.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Ha, ha, ha, he's funny! Is there anything else beyond that, or?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I saw it live, it was awesome....and in about 25 minutes the Daily Report will be on TV....funny thing is it's the best news source....unbiased....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

that was awesome. i hate tucker carlson and what the fuck is with the bowtie

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

UGH! me and your site is not getting along too well right now!!

I'm glad you posted this.. I missed it.. it was soooooooo great!

It's sad to see that The Daily Show has become what Politically Incorrect was a few years ago, a stage for an audience of nihilist pseudo-intellectuals who watch a half hour TV show with celebrity banter and think that they are well versed in politics. Only without the ballsiness that led to PI getting taken off the air, and the touch of a comedian that was actually funny before said show.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

PI's glory days (and for that matter it's host) was on comedy central...it lost it's way when it hit the major network and industry insiders tend to side with the fact the falling ratings of the show was what doomed it...the 9/11 comments where just an excuse...the controversy that came about it was also beneficial to both the network and ole Bill Maher. The network got rid of a dying show under the guise of being the good guys, Bill got to keep his "I'm a bad boy" image that got the ink on a contract with HBO.

It was a calculated masterwork on par with Howard Sterns move into uncensored subscription radio that got him a fat pay day...funny how it came only a few months after his high profile dealings with the FCC...his show too was on it's dying legs...not enough to get cancelled or pulled...but he was nowhere near the level of popularity he reached in the 90's. The clones he spawned, the lack of show growth, and the general aging of his fans really hurt his numbers in various markets. The new deal he has now should really help him since unlike his rivals he can go full on without censorship.

The Daily Show is simply Hilarious and only jaded nihilist pseudo-intellectuals who complain about jaded nihilist pseudo-intellectuals see it for more than it really is. It's entertainment that uses current events and politics in a simple format.

Those who think it unbaised news or the only place to hear the truth...are fucked. No offense to those here who see the show that way but come on guys and gals...if you can't see that as a sad way to look at the world then we are indeed doomed. Not saying one should trust the major media outlets..but their are ways to stay up to date without them or a comedy show. Just takes more effort, time, and thought.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

of course it's all about the big bucks and the abuse of trust, but heck if your going to make fun of people, the make fun of everyone including yourself and that's what Jon does, and he makes money doing it....no it is not the only way nor it should be the only way to obatin information, it is not meant to be. As TZ mentioned you really have to make a full pot of coffe these days in the aerly day light hours and have about3 or 4 newspapers to make and informative decision. one thing that I do find of interest is the recent deployment of Britihs troops to the North and the Silence in America about it when it occured, even Canadain news had nothing about it....In England Many view it as cozying up to the dinner table for Blair...yet no metion in the states I thought Dubya would have had an imediate press conference saying SEEEE I tuuld ya we got guud buddies like The British...our Allies....anyhow all of these so call politcal warrioirs are obviously out for money I mean look at Micheal Moore he's got so much money, his money belt is over flowing..or is it just fat? anyhow he plays this working class political warrioir and all that shit and he has done nothing about his community which he supposedly cares oh so much for...Yes It is a dark time when people hoping for a shred of integrity gets duped...I mena even publications take you for a ride, i have never like Adbusters and found it nothing more then a collection of suburbinite teenage rants....But if anyhting bugs me more it's people who attack other people for thier views if you know alot about politics the be patient and guide and build not shred apart and ostrisize and often said people know little and hold tightley on towhat the do know and often thier ideas which may seem intelligent and wonderful are full of grevious error. There is little that can be done in a world when there is a lack of trust in EVERYONE. If you expect the person beside you to be ignorant and unknowing becasue you are under the self assumption that you may know a little of the political world you are destroying any hope in society for some reliefe of such horrible surroundings and only make more dissident and untrusting people. If anyhting I do not like people who stand on milcrates and point fingers at the common man, it is the greatest villiany of all and the most nieve and selfish of behaviour. It's like saying blue is the best colour becasue of numerous facts and those who do not see whay i like the colour blue or do not see why they should like the colour blue blue because I said so are all ignorant makes syou the most ignorant of all. Point the swordfoward at the tyranical beast and not the throat of your brothers.

good points. it's kind of a double edged sword, if you don't know anything about politics, you're likely to get taken advantage of. on the other hand, in my experience, knowing about politics hasn't made my life any better, just showed me how ridiculous and petty and backstabbing that people are. my advice is to not put so much stock into political bullshit.. but to keep aware enough so that it doesn't kick you in the ass.

+ Reply to Thread