+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: psychobilly /rockabilly?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default psychobilly /rockabilly?

hey im just curious ,here noone listins to rockabilly or any of it's like genres.i've listened to it occasionally for a couple years and even though it's getting more popular no one here knows what the hell im talking about

so i ask do you listen to rockabilly/psychobilly/drunkabilly/(whatever other _billy you can think of ,hahaha)?

a few i listen to are
    the horrorpops
    nekromantix
    psycho charger(hell yea)
    eight ball grifter(I’ll raise my hand and yell, "Som’Bitch!”)
    the jackolopes
    ,and the list goes on and on

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: psychobilly /rockabilly?

i've heard of the jakolopes, i cant remember the song, accually i think i heard it today, i really liked it.

i have heard of rockabilly, but was never quite sure what it was

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

yes i do my favorite bands are

Nekromantix
    Meteors
    Klingonz
    Coffin Nails
    Guana Batz
    Tiger Army
    Horror Pops
    Mad Sin
    Revrend Horton Heat

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    yes i do my favorite bands are

Nekromantix
    Meteors
    Klingonz
    Coffin Nails
    Guana Batz
    Tiger Army
    Horror Pops
    Mad Sin
    Revrend Horton Heat
    awsome man,gotta love the rev.,had a chance to see them once but couln't get there in time,definatly the coffn nails too ,there cool

well thers one,lets keep commin' people theres got to be some more out there

im prety sure theres at least one or two others in here when i first came here i think i was the only one and btw if the stray cats count im also a big fan of theirs thanks to my mom

sounds like a pretty cool mom,haha,mine listened to jefferson starship back in the day, we can say the stray kats count,just a lil more 50's sounding ,thats what they used to play at the car shows i grew up goin to in fla.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

Demented are Go
    The Van Orsdels
    UncleFucker
    SinCity GHOULS!!! you can find them on *******..

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

The Cramps! I'll never get over my Cramps adoration, tho.There are a lot of great psychobilly Back Online bands out there.

A Finally Back Online

OEC

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

going to see Tiger Army.....

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    going to see Tiger Army.....
    again fuckin awesome i cant wait till they swing on down my neck of the woods im getting tickects for the same show ur watchin on on the 29th of next month

darki's Avatar darki must die

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    The Cramps! I'll never get over my Cramps adoration, tho.There are a lot of great psychobilly Back Online bands out there.

A Finally Back Online

OEC
    The Cramps kick ass!
    I've seen their show last year, it was so much fun...
    ..."You'll hate yourself if you miss it!"

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I really like
    The Mysterons
    The Coffinshakers
    Aloha Diablo
    Zombina and the Skeletones
    Hardworkin' Raoul and the lazy boys
    Ghoultown

Nice bands. Go get their stuff.

I for sure am in to Psychobilly! However it sucks that not too many good shows come to Houston ,,,, I use to DJ psycho and rockabilly but it was hard to keep the night going cuz lack of people supporting it. Oh well, their lost. What cities do you think has the best shows?

Not Berlin. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Dark
    . What cities do you think has the best shows?

damn,thats a hard one quite a few good ones down thee in fla. and definalty southern cali. but i don't really plan on travling to california

Living Dead Girl

I like the horrorpops.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

boston has a bunch of good rockabilly shows frequently....

i am definately a fan of the music but don't know anything by name i go to shows with friends who are more involved

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Toronto and London I have seen the Necromantiv, Reverned Horton Heat, Tiger Army and numerous others....Tiger Army had a blast Playing last night and the fans loved them

ive only seen shows here in LA so i dont realy know how they compare to other places

I've seen the Toy Dolls tonight. Not exactly rockabilly, but the most awesome concert I've been to, in the last 12 months or so

i loves me the rockabilly,psychobilly,necrobilly,etc! that's hot shit!

Skully, how would I find out about the shows in Boston?

New Orleans isn't a bad town for Rocka/psychobilly

Quote Originally Posted by sadiesucks
    New Orleans isn't a bad town for Rocka/psychobilly

yea i've been there once or twice,i plan on moving there evetuall ,just for a few years.mabey,we might stay

thats soo kool theres so many people answering to this tread.
    im listin' to PsychoCharger right now "Ride" is the best damn song.!.

"come on baby come on ride with me...............i got a sawed off shotgun............(fuckin genuis,man,haha)

favorite bands: DAG!, The Meteors, Cenobites, Bad Reputation, The Pagan Dead, Twisted In Graves, Guana Batz...

well shit i'm not gonna list 'em all. i'm a big fan though.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    again fuckin awesome i cant wait till they swing on down my neck of the woods im getting tickects for the same show ur watchin on on the 29th of next month
    i think the first 2 TA albums were pretty decent, but i hate them live... plus they pulled some sissy shit when they came down here on the punx vs psychos tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Van Orsdel
    i think the first 2 TA albums were pretty decent, but i hate them live... plus they pulled some sissy shit when they came down here on the punx vs psychos tour.
    their new album is a bit slower than their previous stuff but i still like it

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yet another example of the absence of originality in the music industry... way to give props by supporting all the bands on epitaph records though, who needs real underground when we can have a major label that claims indy?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    yet another example of the absence of originality in the music industry... way to give props by supporting all the bands on epitaph records though, who needs real underground when we can have a major label that claims indy?
    you wanna explain that one a bit further?

NINA SINN's Avatar Senior Member
    alaska, can you believe i seriously lived thtere.... no really it is beautiful there...

IM NOT A HUGE FAN OF EITHER OF THOSE SCENES AT ALL BUT I STAYED WITH A GIRL THAT LISTENED TO THE NEW TIGER ARMY CD OVER AND OVER AGAIN SO I MUST SAY IT KINDA GREW ON ME AFTER A FEW DAYS....... BUT JUST FOR THOSE FEW DAYS.......

BLOODYKISSES...
    NINA SINN 666

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I like a lot of those bands and that whole scene can be kinda fun. Skully Records put out some entertaining Gothabilly compilations for the folks that want a bit of a sampler. I was just listening to our Mr. Badwrench outtakes CD like yesterday too.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I don't even know what rockabilly is, to be honest.

you wanna explain that one a bit further?
    which part? the fact that the music of the sixties, seventies, and early 80's didn't soudn the same as the music from the fifties? there's a reason for that, it was because people were able to think up new things.
    and as far as epitaph being a major label? well there bands dominate the "aternative" radio charts, and they act like they are underground so it's even worse for people that aren't into "mainstream" music to listen to them, because they are big enough and have the marketting power that all they do is overpower real underground labels, and sell the same old bullshit we've heard for years and claim it as 'rebelous" or the "hot new thing" and it keeps fresh talent and independant musicians from being heard, unless they sign to epitaph of course, which doesn't even promote radical ideas or expressions. in fact many bands on there label they refused to release their material; because it was too contraverisal, which led many of thier bands to break away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    which part? the fact that the music of the sixties, seventies, and early 80's didn't soudn the same as the music from the fifties? there's a reason for that, it was because people were able to think up new things.
    and as far as epitaph being a major label? well there bands dominate the "aternative" radio charts, and they act like they are underground so it's even worse for people that aren't into "mainstream" music to listen to them, because they are big enough and have the marketting power that all they do is overpower real underground labels, and sell the same old bullshit we've heard for years and claim it as 'rebelous" or the "hot new thing" and it keeps fresh talent and independant musicians from being heard, unless they sign to epitaph of course, which doesn't even promote radical ideas or expressions. in fact many bands on there label they refused to release their material; because it was too contraverisal, which led many of thier bands to break away from them.
    i think maybe 2 of the bands mentioned thus far have been signed to hellcat (distributed through epitaph, of course), and i don't think you really have even the slightest knowledge about psychobilly and the "scene" or whatever you'd like to call it, apart from maybe tiger army or nekromantix.

i could take a few shots at bands you like on the same grounds, except i don't really get worked up about it like you seem to.

hey ,man don't worry about him he started shit all the time , we got into it a while back ,he's got alot of "radical" viewpoints.

i think maybe 2 of the bands mentioned thus far have been signed to hellcat (distributed through epitaph, of course), and i don't think you really have even the slightest knowledge about psychobilly and the "scene" or whatever you'd like to call it, apart from maybe tiger army or nekromantix.

i could take a few shots at bands you like on the same grounds, except i don't really get worked up about it like you seem to.
    go ahead, I'd like to see you try. I really would because from what I see your are the dumbshit that doesn't have the slightest clue what's going on. in the future if you don't want me to "get worked up" over something, which I assume means to thoroughly dicuss my point, and of course wouldn't be pertaining to my state of mind, because you lack the intellect to be able to comprehend that, than don't ask me to explain myself to you.

hahaha, who the fuck is this guy?

listen, son, i don't get my kicks outta jerkin' people around online because it aggravates me at the end of the night when i don't get to throttle the guy. i just got here and i ain't about to start this sissy-boy shit. you can talk about my intellect all night, you're the guy with the rampant misspellings, usage errors and run-on sentences that a 4th grader in any liberal state wouldn't be guilty of.

get back to me when you can formulate a single coherent thought and figure out how to articulate it. know that until then, i ain't payin' attention to a goddamned word.

what a fucking loser. you can't step to this shit. I'm glad that you aren't paying attention. pretty convinient for you to point out my careless grammer errors ( and that's what it is, the fact that I don't care) instead of actaully trying to say anything intelligent yourself. way to go you must feel like a big man. maybe you when you grow up you can be an english teacher and then people will make an attempt to at least pretend they give a fuck about what you have to say.

get back to me when you can formulate a single coherent thought and figure out how to articulate it. know that until then, i ain't payin' attention to a goddamned word.

+ Reply to Thread