+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The English teacher. (Story, not complaint.)

Default The English teacher. (Story, not complaint.)

Ok, So I start the day with getting yelled at, preparing for class, etc.

I go to English composition class, where the teacher says the following about my reports:

I got an “F” on my journal, since it was " too boring." !
    My report on assembling stuff was " horrible, yet too good to good for me to have written."!

I spent 3 days typing that report, and the bitch accuses me of copying the stuff from somebody! It is a frigging assembly guide. It is going to take the same steps of assembly in almost any case, no matter who writes it. She also said that she didn't like me and was going to give ME an F no matter what I did in her class, no matter how hard I tried.

I told her to show me the report, and prove to me at any example of where I copied it. After that, her exact words were, " Err, Um, ungh, I don't know where it is, I lost it, I don't have it with Me, Leave Me alone! Oh, My, it is such a shame that I don't have it with me!"

I responded by asking about how she seemed to have everybody else's report, yet conveniently lost MY report. She then turned red and shouted about how she had 210 papers to grade, and how she couldn't be expected to have each of them with her. Funny how mine seemed to be the main reports that was missing!

She was going on to the class about how in My report that even though I explained stuff perfectly, and in detail about the subject for somebody who wouldn’t understand it, that she had no interest in the subject, so she was giving Me a zero for a grade.

She also said to the class about some other Girl that the Girl wrote a report on body piercing, in detail explaining it, giving examples, details, and meeting all report requirements. She then explained on how she was giving the Girl a Zero, despite all of that for the following reasons:

The teacher had no interest in the subject.
    The teacher disagreed with the Girl’s viewpoints, Thesis, etc.
    The Girl had enjoyed writing the report and sharing knowledge with other people too much, and she shouldn't have done that since " Reports are supposed to be work, not fun!" And because the Girl enjoyed the report too much, she had to take a Zero and write about something she hated for a report.

I asked her to explain to the class what would be a completely acceptable report subject to turn in. The teacher responded by saying the following were the main types of acceptable reports:

"Why George Bush is such a good president, and has been the best leader our country ever had." Etc

" Why you believe that Abortion is Wrong, Sinful, Completely Un-Acceptable, and should not be tolerated in any case."

"Why you love Jesus, and why all other religions are wrong."

Some of the other examples were about similar stuff, etc.

I was like: "riiiiight...." Then went back to work on trying to find a topic for My final report for the class, and being quiet and not disturbing anybody, when she comes over to Me, and is like, " So! What have you decided to do for your final report?"
    I said that "I was going to do a report about Art, Culture, or some other type of Material that was similar."

The teacher’s response was, " I am NOT going to have a belligerent child in my class!"

I responded by saying, “ If you are going to give ME an ”F” no matter what I do, then why do you really care?

The teacher: Why are you here?

Me: Because this is a required course. I tried on all of My reports before, but after you said that whatever I did was pointless, I just stopped trying in your class.

The teacher: Well, Ill talks to the president and gets you kicked out of the college!

Me: If it were all the same to you, I would prefer that you not interfere in my affairs. If you don't like me that much, I can just leave.

The teacher: *Goes wide-eyed and drops jaw* If you have a problem with me, then you can go and take this up with the president of the college!"

Me: Well, I would, but I am a student, and you are a professor, and they would believe you over me, since I don’t have a tape recorder to prove that you just said what you did!"

I then proceeded to storm out, and went to the main office, and filled out the papers to withdraw, and she had gone to the main office, and watches me sign out and withdraw. The teacher just stood there wide eyed, with her mouth open and stared at me, giving me dirty looks after. I told her that I don’t have to take her lies and false accusations, and that I am leaving her class, so that I wouldn’t have to deal with her anymore.

After all the stuff, some of the students from the class told me that I was their hero for standing up to her, doing what I did, and not taking her crap.

That is only part of the stuff that the teacher said during class to the students, but most of the stuff went on like that!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: The English teacher. (Story, not complaint.)

where in the hell do you go to school? Brigham Young University?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

That class must have been hell. (I like to point out the obvious.)

I think that your 'outburst of rage' is quite acceptable, and very well founded.

Edison college in labelle, florida. (Non capitalizations on-pupose.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    That class must have been hell. (I like to point out the obvious.)

I think that your 'outburst of rage' is quite acceptable, and very well founded.
    I didnt make an outburst. I said it all Nonchalantly.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I didnt make an outburst. I said it all Nonchalantly.
    yeah that pisses them off even more good job

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I think we've had lousy teachers but your above claim sounds a bit unreal to be honest. Sure you didn't dream this up during a nap in class?

I don't lie or make stuff up.
    I even know people in class who says that she does the same, and can vouch for Me.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

See the Dean/President immediately. They have no right to discourage you from your studies. Even if you get one 'F' it doesn't mean you should throw it all out. It is your life after all and you can not let some cook have that much of an impact. Even if the Dean doesn't believe you, maybe several reports will bring them around, and if you don't report it, that will just mean more students will have to suffer.

I had a professor that I later learned was protesting his class assignments. He thought he was higher level. So, he made everyone's life hell. He didn't like the label I put on a floppy disk that was used to turn in my mid term so he returned it to me with a pencil shoved through the floppy and a failing grade on that assignment. Admitted he hadn't looked at the code at all. Said my label came unaffixed when he put it in the drive and that I was clearly trying to ruin his equipment. I ended up with a 'C' in that class. I was above the top 95%. A number of students complained though and it did make a difference. His career didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped. I eventually ended up changing schools, and ultimately it didn't haunt me forever. But, if I had just given up on myself then, things would be different. If the students hadn't complained, he'd still be ruining good students records.

So you see, you have to make an effort to report her. Particularly for losing a paper and failing you on it anyway. That's totally out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    See the Dean/President immediately. They have no right to discourage you from your studies. Even if you get one 'F' it doesn't mean you should throw it all out. It is your life after all and you can not let some cook have that much of an impact. Even if the Dean doesn't believe you, maybe several reports will bring them around, and if you don't report it, that will just mean more students will have to suffer.

I had a professor that I later learned was protesting his class assignments. He thought he was higher level. So, he made everyone's life hell. He didn't like the label I put on a floppy disk that was used to turn in my mid term so he returned it to me with a pencil shoved through the floppy and a failing grade on that assignment. Admitted he hadn't looked at the code at all. Said my label came unaffixed when he put it in the drive and that I was clearly trying to ruin his equipment. I ended up with a 'C' in that class. I was above the top 95%. A number of students complained though and it did make a difference. His career didn't go as smoothly as he had hoped. I eventually ended up changing schools, and ultimately it didn't haunt me forever. But, if I had just given up on myself then, things would be different. If the students hadn't complained, he'd still be ruining good students records.

So you see, you have to make an effort to report her. Particularly for losing a paper and failing you on it anyway. That's totally out of line.
    Well I did report her.(She wasnt to happy about the fact that I actually did do that.) I dont know if the president will actually do anything about it, but I left a complaint about her with the administration, or whatever you call the people in the main office.
    They said if the president considers that important enough, etc, then they might schedule a meeting.

As for the Dean/person in charge of the particular branch I attend, she is a close personal friend of that teacher, and is siding with her in the dispute.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

You wouldn't have needed a tape recorder against this person if she said all those things in front of the class, and producing your report and the report of the Girl who received a Zero for an independent assessment would also have been enough.

It's fine being a hero, but how many other people withdrew from the class?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

She sounds like a total psycho... This is the kind of teachers you get when they cut the budgets for schools.

Keep reporting her over and over. Even it is doesn't work, it will make you feel better.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i completely believe ur story. i had some what of the same thing happen. i live in a really small town where everyone knows everyones business and where u stand in the towns society.

my mom and dad are legion members (not a good thing according to town standards), they party and have the occasional toke, but over all are good people. they work hard to make ends meet. in town they're not exactly high-class.

my english teacher's husband worked in the music industry in toronto and they were pretty well off and she marked u on where ur family stood in the towns social circles, my family being low, i worked my ass off all semester but finished the class with 53%

On friday, I had these two freaking psycho teachers. They called security on people refusing to do work, throwing quarters, getting out of their seats.

throwing quarters?

Yeah...

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

wow that story makes me really angry. some people in this world are fucking assholes, and im glad you stood up to her. im sory you had to go through that... uggg why is she a professor???

No clue, but she acts like she is so busy, when she only has to work for 1 day a month . Grrr.

+ Reply to Thread