+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Hair

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Your Hair

I know we have a wake up hair thread, but this is about basic hair care. Do you use expensive shampoos and conditioners? Mousse? Gel? Are you happy with the cut, color and style? Is it too thick, thin, curly, straight? Are you thinking about changing the color or style?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Your Hair

i use herbal escence shampoo because it smell realy good(cant let the guys at work know that lol) i keep my hair shaved on the sides and the top i comb to the side with a part on theleft side. never been a fan of dying my hair and i use La Bella level 10 brand hair gel to keep it in place. other than that im prety happy with my hair style ive had it since middle schoo and i havent changed it l

Herbal essence does smell really nice!!!

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i use herbal escence shampoo because it smell realy good(cant let the guys at work know that lol) i keep my hair shaved on the sides and the top i comb to the side with a part on theleft side.... other than that im prety happy with my hair style ive had it since middle schoo and i havent changed it l
    wth! thats exactly the same as me! at least the shampoo and style parts. ive had the same haircut for a long time now, thinking about changing it tho. i want to do something strange looking. either a devil lock or maybe two colours. winters coming so i feel like a change in some way.

i have cruly hair with alot of body if i wash it it frizzes. so i can only sampoo it ever few days and never condition it or it fries it. I just got a new job working on cars again it help my hair alot being around motor oil all the itme

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i like to change shampoos every once in a while, i love the way your hair feels when u try a different shampoo. right now im using tresemme and i dont like it, but maybe its because i just fried my hair by dying it brown, blonde, brown, black, blonde all in the passed couple of months...im not happy with my haircut because its plain and ugly, but i hate styling my hair so that is what i get

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I have to keep my hair relatively short, because otherwise it starts to "fro" out on me. It doesnt grow down, just up and into itself, damn curls.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a year ago I cut my hair for a job but I used to have nice long hair that I just loved, it was the frizzy knid of hair so I'd use a leave-in conditioner , of course I'd always wear a hat too so I'd have to make it so it'd look cool with the hat - oh god, now I'm thinking about hair, you know I think that hair is like some sort of antenna for recieving and transmitting some sort of brain energy so how you style it is basicaly how you tune your.....

I gotta go , this subject is too heavy for me to deal with today

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I use a close cut razor and then polish the skin afterwards with a soft towel.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I am a hair care freak. You have been warned. For general washing I use Pantene Relaxed and Natural it has made my problem with dry scalp about non existant. Every other week I condition with Aphogee conditioner. If your hair is at all damaged I suggest this stuff highly if you own a blow dryer. It is amazing I've known quite a few people to use it and it's great. For regular conditioning I use Queen Helene's cholesteral conditioner. Another great one if your hair gets fried after coloring or bleaching. Use this once a week or so and you'll be amazed. It's heavy duty.

Once every other day I treat my scalp and hair with Profectiv Anti Breakage formula another very good product.

My hair is right now a bit of a mottled black due to my last relaxer stripping out my color. I am retouching my relaxer here in a few hours and will dye it blue black again. Usually I keep my hair protected wearing wigs (Manic Panic wigs are my favorites) but recently have been wearing a ponytail I made. My hair is very very thick so I use a hair 'pudding' pomade style hair gel to make sure it lays down.

Ok that's enough of a lesson on black hair care for now.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I know we have a wake up hair thread, but this is about basic hair care. Do you use expensive shampoos and conditioners? Mousse? Gel? Are you happy with the cut, color and style? Is it too thick, thin, curly, straight? Are you thinking about changing the color or style?
    My trademark hair color is the same as yours, arctic blonde KILL all traces of yellow. I just have medium blonde now. I use color treated Puccini plus gel or volumizer sometimes. It's too thin and straight. I'm sure I'll go back my arctic sista.

OEC

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

i dont do much to my hair but wash it every so often

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I have the white man's afro going on if I don't wash it everyday.

squishykittie's Avatar Junior Member

I bounce between Dove and Garnier. I have thick, curly hair and I have pretty much decided to stop wrestling with it. Right now, I would really like to change the color. I love red but I have done it three or four times. I need a new color.....almost bought green, but I don't think that would look quite right on me.

I had green streaks once!!!! In highschool!!! Most of the time I used the cheapo VO5 99 cent on sale at Duane Reade, then when I go out, I try to make it a little more upscale with Loreale whatever on sale.

Just conditioner. My hair is super fine and thin, so for photo shoots I wear hair extensions, yes I am wearing hair extensions in this photo!

I have black wigs too that I like to wear.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I usually wear hair extensions, and can only use certain products on it. I like biosilk, and aveada

Living Dead Girl

I use Suave shampoo+conditioner. I need to re-dye my hair black because my roots are beginning to show.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

For the most part, I like my hair. Its all short now. I've joined JROTC in my school. I like it, but I miss my long hair.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

when i bleach my hair i go all out with the conditioners... otherwise i go cheap (a shortly buzzed hair doesn't need much conditioners)

now my goatee always gets a good shampoo and condition i like pantene pro-v or ganeer fructose (the stuff uses "the transplants-diamonds and guns" song in their advertising) both make my goatee very soft and very strong (which makes my girlfriend happy)

as for hair product: kms hair playmolding paste is super wonderful for hair less then 3/4 of an inch ... afterwards i use this spiking gel that i forget the name for but works just like elmers glue without the clumpy white stuff afterwards.

Poisondove's Avatar Member

I am just a wispy haired brunette who doesn't pay too much attention to hair care stuff :P Use herbal essenece or pantene ....tho I sometimes wish my hair didn't get so wispy looking.

+ Reply to Thread