+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much can you handle?

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Default How much can you handle?

So...I was just being curious and decided to just see how much rotten.com I could handle...don't ask me why I did it, especially before bed...uggg i cannot get the images out of my head and i feel sicked out. my cousin wants to be a forensic photographer!! wtf...ahhh...

anyways my question is, how much REAL gore can you handle??

i can handle movies, thats fake. i can handle blood and cuts and gross things, but i cannot handle death and pictures of rotting bodies and decapitated heads, and hands stuck in meat grinders...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: How much can you handle?

for some reason that stuff doesnt phase me at all i could look at it all day and not have any problems i dont know about seeing it in real life though but ive never had that experience

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I don't want to sleep anymore...

All depends on what the contents are photos of, etc.

They had this photo of some person who had eyes on the outside of their head, mouth held open with some sort of device, the skin on the face peeled back, etc. I found that rather disturbing and disgusting.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I don't really tend to like to roll around in unpleasantness. Although, back when I was in high school one of my best friends father was pretty high up in the ranks of government forensics experts. He used to show us his slide shows about how to tell what model of grenade was used in an attack by looking at the dead bodies left behind and that sort of thing. x-rays of people shot in the head with arrows and stuff. It was interesting. But I didn't appreciate it from a gore perspective, more like a science point of view.

Living Dead Girl

As you said, blood and cuts are fine, but beyond that...no thanks.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

most things dont bother me, unless they involve kids, that i cant handle

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

the weird thing is that i have an uncle who does criminal investigations so he has alot of pictures of dead people on his home computer, some of it is prety grisly stufff like some lady that got bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat so her head was fucked up no other way to describe it it was fucked up, and he has many more things that are way more disturbing like dead people who have been in the water to long. the point of all this is that he likes showing me these things and i like watching them they dont phase me at all yet rotten has some gross stuff i only visited that site once saw like two or three pics and got so grossed out ive never gone again, this was like two years ago, so id rather use my internet for watching nekkid people than dead people.

When I was younger (in high school) I could handle a lot more gore than I can now. I used to have a morbid facination with pictures of gruesome deaths, serial killers, and the like... I couldn't get enough of the stuff. Now I can only handle it if I know it's fake (b-movies, Law & Order...)... I think that I started to develop a distaste for real life horrors after a friend of mine died; many of my more morbid interests began to wane after that.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I have no problems. I once sat in the coronors office in Manchester eating a cheese and chunky pickle sandwich while a body was brought in that had been in the Manchester Ship Canal for three weeks. Those chunky pickles sure do crunch.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

Its smells that get me rather than blood and gore, see rotten gore with maggots would probably make me throw up but fresh gore is fine

it don;t effect me to bad. my girl is almost obsessed with it tho. when she starts looking at the crap she don;t stop for hours.

I was on the volunteer rescue squad back home....I saw some really messed up things, so that stuff really doesnt bother me at all...at that job you couldnt let it bother you, you just had to get in the wreck and do your job...

The only time I ever had a wreck bother me was a woman had been drinking and was going home with her 2yr old and her 7yr old in the car...They wrecked into a big barbed wire fence....The car was a convertible so the top was ripped off...The woman was dead from decapitation....Her 2ys old was dead from head wounds...The 7yr old had most of his face peeled off by the barbed wire and was still alive when I got there and I had to get him out...

Worst wreck I ever went to...

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    I was on the volunteer rescue squad back home....I saw some really messed up things, so that stuff really doesnt bother me at all...at that job you couldnt let it bother you, you just had to get in the wreck and do your job...

The only time I ever had a wreck bother me was a woman had been drinking and was going home with her 2yr old and her 7yr old in the car...They wrecked into a big barbed wire fence....The car was a convertible so the top was ripped off...The woman was dead from decapitation....Her 2ys old was dead from head wounds...The 7yr old had most of his face peeled off by the barbed wire and was still alive when I got there and I had to get him out...

Worst wreck I ever went to...

+ Reply to Thread