+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who else seems to have trouble explaining themselves or their views?

Default Who else seems to have trouble explaining themselves or their views?

I tend to make comments that end up offensive, odd, or some other manner aside from the way they that they originally intended.
    When I say some stuff, it will either be like above, or blunt either a simple explanation, or none unless specifically asked?

How about you?
    What ways do you have trouble expressing yourselves?
    Does anybody else have this problem in communicating with people?

I probably even did it again in the way I asked the question, and explained it , lol.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Who else seems to have trouble explaining themselves or their views?

yea,man no one in my entire town is voting for kerry ,GODDAMN ,we can't have bush back in office. i piss every body off on purpose with a giant kerry banner in my house's front window

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Who else seems to have trouble explaining themselves or their views?

i dont even live in the states and i would vote for kerry, if i were an american i'd be for the "anyone but bush" campaign...

but onto the actual question.

i have a hard time explaining my religious beliefs, i basically (and indirectly) taught not to trust christians, i dont think my mom intended to do that but she did. and after a few, ok many, bad experiences with christians i tend to not trust them, and some times completely hate them for there ignorance and incompetance. i have a do not believe the teachings of the bible, even though i accually have not read it, but i have on many occasions been lecture by ppl and entire families from it. but because i havent accually read it in a way i dont have a basis for my disbelief of it, except the fact that i dont believe in organized religion and i dont believe that as mere humans any of have a right or the intelligence to comprehend or define a power that great.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    , and some times completely hate them for there ignorance and incompetance. but i have on many occasions been lecture by ppl and entire families from it. but because i havent accually read it in a way i dont have a basis for my disbelief of it, except the fact that i dont believe in organized religion and i dont believe that as mere humans any of have a right or the intelligence to comprehend or define a power that great.
    right there with yaa man, i get that all the time ,damn those bible belt shitty ass states

Living Dead Girl

Eh, I get tongue-tied whenever I talk to anyone. I have a fear of confrontation...or something.

I find I usually overstate my opinion. I'm activly moderate... I can't stand fanatics. Christians v s Anti-Christians, ProPot vs AntiPot, Bush vs Kerry, Hawk vs Dove... I don't care. Both sides are so blinded by what they believe that they can't see the reality of the situation. And when I talk with these people they piss me off so much that I argue the other side of the Fanatism just to piss them off. So I loose what I really wanted to say.

For Me, I know what I want to say, but most people demand explanations on My reasoning.

In the other case, Expressing the message the way I want the message to come across is difficult.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I have this fear........ Being from a larger city, I'm used to being able to voice my opinion........ But now that I'm here in Topeka, I go crazy not trying to scream at some dumbshit that would kick my ass for things I could have gotten away with saying. For example, 2 weeks ago, a couple of my friends had a Rocky Horror party where we watched and participated with the movie. This shithead says "let's have a drinking game, everytime you see a transvestite on the screen, drink" I just wanted to get up and say "holy shit you're retarded" and then he laid another zinger on the group, my friends are foreign exchange students from France, and one of them likes to cuss a lot, so she cussed at the tv in French and the same douchebag said "this is America you cuss in English here" to which I almost said "chingate dunkapf, there's no official language in the US". so now I just avoid the douchebag because I just want to slap him for being stupid and then his mom for not having an abortion.......... God I miss Chicago.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Umm, well you see....it's like this. I mean, well, I think that, ummm...y'know, the stuff with the things. And then you turn the water off, and umm, well, y'know, I like that. And then there was this one time, that I uhhhh, well...what's the word, uhhh..y'know.

Yeah and stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Forestghost
    Umm, well you see....it's like this. I mean, well, I think that, ummm...y'know, the stuff with the things. And then you turn the water off, and umm, well, y'know, I like that. And then there was this one time, that I uhhhh, well...what's the word, uhhh..y'know.

Yeah and stuff!

All Hail Stuff, The All encompasing, Non-Specific, Uber Generic Term for Anything and Everything!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    "chingate dunkapf, there's no official language in the US". so now I just avoid the douchebag because I just want to slap him for being stupid and then his mom for not having an abortion.......... God I miss Chicago.
    I'm pretty sure it's Spanish.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

me I'll start to make a point and then either talk in circles or end up with completely the oposing point

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i totally ramble or explain things in metaphors until i have circled around my point 10 times at least. or i hang around message boards all day listening to people explain there oppinions and when i find one that suites me thoughts i quote it "someone said: ______ "

but i definately talk much better in person then i do online. something about reading people's expressions that allow me to adjust my conversation on the fly

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

i always get somewhat flustered when im put on the spot, but on the internet, i can get on a subject...and more or less become a raving lunatic

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

im manic-depressive. ive found that i have lots of trouble speaking coherantly when im in a "manic state" or just really excited. i get tongue-tied. my thoughts race quicker than my mouth can speak. and my logic can be hard to follow. then theres the slight case of dyslexia i get at times. things come out in the wrong order, or i say the wrong word. like ill b thinking of my cat and ill say dog. luckily, it rarely happens when im doing this online chatting thing. most of my issues are only apparent when im stressed out or tired.
    the worst tho, was when i had a prolonged manic episode and became fervently religious. i could take just about anything subject and relate it back in some way to my goddess. ppl looked at me very strangely whenever i did this...id often mumble something in a dead language and wander away.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I'm pretty sure it's Spanish.
    Yeah you're probably right.

+ Reply to Thread