+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stop Playin Judge

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Stop Playin Judge

I am so sick of peole who think the can play judge.....

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Stop Playin Judge

in what way do u believe ppl are playing judge?

in the quickness to make a conclusion on a misconcieved notion based on ifierior assumptions

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

what's this about? or is it just a rant?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

there's only one judge, and her name's Judy, baby.

i'm confused.....

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I love playing judge even more than I like playing doctor. I have a subconscious belief about me being the final authority of everything!

I know little, but the little I know, I know well

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I know little, but the little I know, I know well
    People may well tend to judge you on biased or misinformation. It is really something you just have to get used to, tho. It is an easy way to weed out energy sucking cretins who you do not need to be around.

OEC

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

How long must you wait for the right information to turn up? Who are you going to trust to give you the right information, or would you accept what appears to be right because the person giving it is in a position of trust and responsibility? Someone has to make a decision sometime; it's often very much later that everyone else finds out it was the wrong decision, and finds out exactly who or what was responsible for giving false information to force that wrong decision.

you have to give yourself the right information by having faith in who you are....you yourself have to make the decision, no one else.....

opinions are like assholes everone has one. i don;t let them bother me cuz the world is full of em. I live in the bible belt and im kinda immune to it now. Ive gotten alot of judgeing in my life.

Weblogger

It's sort of funny because many people judge me purely on my appearance. I was thinking about this a while back after having had a conversation with someone else who said that no one would consider me to be a threat or to hold an opinion they don't personally agree with or understand. This was, actually, the reason why I shave my head, just to prove them wrong through example. I was judged by people who know nothing of me whatsoever, purely by the fact that I wear black and have a shaved head. I went into a normal bookshop in a town near here to buy some reading matter. I was confronted almost immediately I entered; here it is normal in a bookshop that one can browse, but I was approached by a salesperson at once and asked what I was looking for. As I browsed I was constantly watched. Once I had picked out the two books I wished I turned to move to the cashier's desk and had the books taken from my hand. They were scrutinised and I was asked whether I wished them wrapped as a present. Naturally not, I'm hardly Mr Bean. As I paid my money I was asked whether I wished them wrapped as a present once more.

Now, I buy many, many books. It isn't the first time that I've been in this particular bookshop, but the first time dressed entirely in black and with a shaved head. My appearance made a great deal of difference to those working there who had judged me immediately, and negatively. Would they have looked at me differently had they known all the facts? Definitely, and I know this because I've shopped there before. Did they give me the benefit of the doubt? No; immediately judged, labelled and that was it.

Black clothes, shaven head, must be an illiterate neo-nazi.

Too bad you didn't get that on video, it'd be great to do a documentary on the two completely different experiences you had in the same book store just based on your appearance.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstalker
    Too bad you didn't get that on video, it'd be great to do a documentary on the two completely different experiences you had in the same book store just based on your appearance.
    After this experience I actually started researching these small cameras you can get installed in a pair of spectacles, but they don't seem to be as readily available as I had hoped.

Living Dead Girl

I've been judged unfairly a lot, so I don't tend to judge anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    After this experience I actually started researching these small cameras you can get installed in a pair of spectacles, but they don't seem to be as readily available as I had hoped.
    Yeah I found a site with some stuff on it, some of it is kinda pricey, other stuff is not too bad. And where I live there is a spyshop not too far from me that sells the stuff also.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstalker
    Yeah I found a site with some stuff on it, some of it is kinda pricey, other stuff is not too bad. And where I live there is a spyshop not too far from me that sells the stuff also.
    There's a spyshop near Dresden, but that's the otherside of the country and I prefer shopping for such things in person rather than having them sent to my private address, for obvious reasons!

It's sort of funny because many people judge me purely on my appearance. I was thinking about this a while back after having had a conversation with someone else who said that no one would consider me to be a threat or to hold an opinion they don't personally agree with or understand. This was, actually, the reason why I shave my head, just to prove them wrong through example. I was judged by people who know nothing of me whatsoever, purely by the fact that I wear black and have a shaved head. I went into a normal bookshop in a town near here to buy some reading matter. I was confronted almost immediately I entered; here it is normal in a bookshop that one can browse, but I was approached by a salesperson at once and asked what I was looking for. As I browsed I was constantly watched. Once I had picked out the two books I wished I turned to move to the cashier's desk and had the books taken from my hand. They were scrutinised and I was asked whether I wished them wrapped as a present. Naturally not, I'm hardly Mr Bean. As I paid my money I was asked whether I wished them wrapped as a present once more.

Now, I buy many, many books. It isn't the first time that I've been in this particular bookshop, but the first time dressed entirely in black and with a shaved head. My appearance made a great deal of difference to those working there who had judged me immediately, and negatively. Would they have looked at me differently had they known all the facts? Definitely, and I know this because I've shopped there before. Did they give me the benefit of the doubt? No; immediately judged, labelled and that was it.

i've had that same experience here. my town is really small, and i've lived here all my life and know most of the ppl here and have since iw as a little.

a woman moved here not long ago and opened a coffee shop, me and my friend went in just to check it out (a store opening is a very big event and is usually the highlight of the year here!). She seemed extremely tense and almost scared and just kept staring at me and occasionally looking at my purse and pockets, as far as i could tell she was looking to see if i was gonna rob her.

a few days later i went in after school, i work at a law office through a work program, so i was dressed fairly conservative, she started a very lively chat with me as if we were long lost friends. later that day i went in again dressed as i usually do and attempted to restart the converstation we had had earlier. She looked like she had seen a ghost, she couldnt tell that i had been the same person who had come in only a few hours earlier.

that's to bad but it's all to common as people seem to be looseing thier sense of self more and more....I dunno why that is, but even the opposite is true I find often some people will try to look different so that they can not associate with others...I dunno I guess I just would feel good about this world even in my later years that people realize were people and it's nice to have people to talk too and share things with and ideas.....

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

its funny how the world works. but really did it surprise you at all that would happen? honestly everyone dresses for the reaction they want to get. if you wanted people to sneer at you, you could wear sweatpants to a wedding, if you wanted people to be impressed and think youre rich you would wear designer clothes and bling bling baby...if you were a girl and wanted attention from the boys you'd wear something more revealing, if you wanted your grandma to think you were a wonderful child you might want to wear that sweater she gave you last christmas and a nice pair of slacks. you understand what im saying. when people are like, "boo hoo they judged me by what i was wearing!" my first response is something like "duh." (im not saying this about you because your comment didnt go in this boo hoo direction, im just going off on a ranting tangent). when i wear a controversial shirt i know im going to get attention, when i go to a store wearing pajamas and no make-up i know im going to be looked at gross, i know. and don't tell me you dont judge people based on their appearance. we all do it. and as much as we try and tell ourselves we dont, we all stereotype. so if you want people in the bookstore to think youre smart then dress smart, but i know u liked the attention you got when you wearing all black

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    its funny how the world works. but really did it surprise you at all that would happen? ....
    The thing is, I consider my looks and what I wear to be normal. I put my clothes on and feel just like anyone else. I don't consider what I am wearing or what I look like during the day at all so, from that point of view, yes it was a surprise. As for attention, well, I get that anyway!

+ Reply to Thread