+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Funky Behavior

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Funky Behavior

Each of us have that predetermined set of traits that make us less responsive to others. For some it's the standard stuff like bad grooming habits or dishonosty.

But what are the deeper things that make you think twice about a person? Like discovering their unhealthy obsession with collection animal heads or need to be babied...literally. Now I know some of you dig stuff like that so I'm really curious where you would draw the line.

Try to keep it to the non traditional specifics since I think we'll have a better dicussion that way. Don't be afraid to sound shallow.

Where I back off from a person is when they define themselves by their intrests. We're more than our hobbies. People like that to me always prove too limited and boring...like having vanilla ice cream without end...it loses it's flavour an fun real quick. This is in anything too...be it in only listening to one style of music or seeing the world through one viewpoint...if I sense a person has that...I ditch out quick.

Granted I could take it as an opportunity to help them explore new things and open their mind...but it gets old playing the teacher and I'm too tied to the notion a person should actively do that themselves with no hand holding.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Default Re: Funky Behavior

I simply cannot stand when a person spouts off with a bunch of half-truths or outright lies (I am currently dealing with just such a person at work). If you don't know the answer, just tell me you don't know!! It's much better to admit ignorance than to make youself look like an ass by giving out false information, especially when it obviously so. Unfortunatly, I don't have the luxury of "pulling away" form this person, because the humaniod in question is my superior (in job title ONLY!), and I try not to step on my own dick at work if you get my drift... If I had the luxury, I would ignore this person completely.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well in short (really short,no time for long answers,sorry)

i hate when people seem all cool and all that goodness,and then you come to discover there really close minded fucks at heart and are all into the fact im going to hell,but still hang-out with me thinking all this shit i do or say is wrong and all the other shit like that(lil' longer then i thought,haha)

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

ppl who wear sunglasses or low hats all the time, any one who covers there eyes i cant have a serious conversation with.

if some one comes into my home and my dog wont sts barking at them or wont let the person thouch him, i try to get that person out asap.

anyone who is extremely blinded to their faith, i can understand being deeply involved and living your life to some thing, but if they are stupid over it or completely blinded by it, i cant trust them.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

........ Here's what I hate.
    I have never had a girlfriend or any sort of serious relationship. Yet I am the one that everyone bitches to about their boyfriend or girlfriend. People thank me for listening, but that's because I can't respond to their problem. And I also know that if I end up with a girlfriend, if I need to bitch about them. Nobody will be there to talk to me.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i hate people that seem to be depresed all the time and are always talking about killing themselves when in reality their life is prety good, they just seem to be doing it for the attention there have been a few people whom i have stoped talking to because of this.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I agree about the negative people. It is so draining to be around people that are always complaining about something bad, etc.

But usually I will put up with ANY kind of funky behavior if they are cool and beautiful and sexy, girls or boys, and this is my fatal flaw in life!!! I tell you!

I fall in love with the most horrible people just because they are handsome and cool. They can be broke drug addicts, depressed, mean, I don't care... Same with my girlfriends, I keep them no matter what they do as long as they are gorgeous and cool and sexy. They all ended up leaving me for drugs. But now I have some new ones...

But I think I must really like wild people that live on the edge, because they are always around me.

flame goddess

my x boyfriend was too deep into some weird faith that i can't even begin to explain. it wasn't a christian thing, in fact he hated the idea of god and heaven, he thought he was a better person than everybody else that he wasn't even a human, just stuck in human form... basically i don't like people that can't come to grips with reality so they make a completely different reality to live by. i understand having different beliefs on life, but to believe in something so deeply and go against everyone who doesn't believe the same thing that bugs me...

i also dislike the people (women mostly) who say they are bisexual but when it comes down to it they just say they are that way to get the attention from people. i don't think that's fair, to turn somebody's way of life into a trend.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    ........ Here's what I hate.
    I have never had a girlfriend or any sort of serious relationship. Yet I am the one that everyone bitches to about their boyfriend or girlfriend. People thank me for listening, but that's because I can't respond to their problem. And I also know that if I end up with a girlfriend, if I need to bitch about them. Nobody will be there to talk to me.
    My friend, there is a name for your affliction : The Emotional Tampon. I suffered the same disease for many years..... I feel for you. All I can say is that it does prepare you for a relationship once it does come (and it will). You will have alot of insight into the way a females (?) mind works, because they are actually telling you the truth (most of the time), when most likely they are putting up a bullshit front to the person they should be being honest with.the asshole boyfriend. I know that telling you this dosen't make being lonley any easier, but you will get thru this.

ravenofdeath's Avatar Lord of Death

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i hate people that seem to be depresed all the time and are always talking about killing themselves when in reality their life is prety good, they just seem to be doing it for the attention there have been a few people whom i have stoped talking to because of this.

I had a friend like that but as u can tell I HAD a friend like that. well while im here i guess i can tell what i dont like. i dont like it when you tell someone one thing and they switch it around and make you out to be the bad guy/girl. I used to have a friend like that too, but i had to get rid of him because he was getting me in trouble.

in short.
    i'm weary of people who are born an 'only child'.
    and i absolutely will not give a gemini a first chance - anymore...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

(1) People who have really strongly held beliefs they can't explain, not even to say "gosh, I know I'm irrational on this subject." Like the sort of people where they heard someone spout something off convincingly, didn't understand what was said, but took it to heart anyway, so there is no discussing it with them. I don't hold this against anyone under the age of fourteen of course.

(2) People who have no dreams or vision of their own, so they mimic and parrot other people's i.e. like the sort of people where you tell them some insight you had about your own relationship with your dog or something and two weeks later they repeat it to you like it is their thought about their relationship with their dog, even though they have a gerbil.

(3) People who pretend to be your friends who say "I hate you" when you tell them something good that happened to you.

#1 and #2 I will overlook if the person has other redeeming qualities or appears to have the potential to learn to think critically. #3 I will once in a blue moon overlook if the person says it once and never again after I explain how much I think no friend should ever say that. If someone does #3 twice, I write them off. Period. Who needs friends who can't be happy for you? You can always make enemies if you want people to wish you ill.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

[QUOTE=AmeliaG](1) People who have really strongly held beliefs they can't explain, not even to say "gosh, I know I'm irrational on this subject." Like the sort of people where they heard someone spout something off convincingly, didn't understand what was said, but took it to heart anyway, so there is no discussing it with them. I don't hold this against anyone under the age of fourteen of course.

Dogma or faith. You probably dislike people who just respond to fancy rhetoric without checking the facts or questioning the rhetor beyond the style of speech and a few buzzwords that emotionally appeal to them.

(2) People who have no dreams or vision of their own, so they mimic and parrot other people's i.e. like the sort of people where you tell them some insight you had about your own relationship with your dog or something and two weeks later they repeat it to you like it is their thought about their relationship with their dog, even though they have a gerbil.

Odd analogy. I understand it, tho. I can only speak of my relationship with my cat.
    Then again, my aspirations would be considered obscure by most people.

(3) People who pretend to be your friends who say "I hate you" when you tell them something good that happened to you.

Negative assholes suck. It is disguisting that some are threatened by the success of others. I tend to encourage even people I don't know. Life is not a zero sum game by which one person wins and the other loses. I think our society tends to present it in this way, tho.

Go Blue Blood and pass the ammunition! It's insane that something like this becomes a competition. It ultimately does not affect me whether others succeed or fail. It only does those who have not chosen their own path.

OEC

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    all these ppl who say they hate their lives, would beg on bended knees if a gun was put to their heads.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady
    all these ppl who say they hate their lives, would beg on bended knees if a gun was put to their heads.
    Not all...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Things that make me "think twice" about a person...

There are a lot of things that "bug" me, but I can still handle being friends with some of those people. I just learn to work around their "issues"...

Then there are the things that totally repel me.
    Such as someone who is totally sexist or racist.
    Someone who is cruel to animals, or just a generally sadistic person.
    Fundementalist Christians with an attitude.
    Stupid people.

Personality-wise, there are some personality types that really bug me.

People who are negative.
    People who can't deal with the real world.
    People you can't have a normal conversation with.

I tend to steer clear of people with serious drug addictions.

But most other personality types I can handle.

Another general rule I have, is that I tend not to want to have friends who are focused on "traditional" goals in life. People who are still thinking the way their parents thought. That their only goal is to get married, get a good job, buy a house, a car, furniture, and have 10 kids. I mean, there is nothing wrong with wanting a family, or a house, etc. But it really bugs me when people think that is all life is about, or all they will ever need to be happy. I want people around me who have at least questioned life, and questioned their own values. Blind followers of tradition tend to bug the hell out of me...

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Quote Originally Posted by satanika
    in short.
    i'm weary of people who are born an 'only child'.
    and i absolutely will not give a gemini a first chance - anymore...
    So I guess we won't be hanging out anytime soon! lol
    Guilty of both!

+ Reply to Thread