+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever broken a bone?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever broken a bone?

Which bones have you broken? I broke a toe, maybe two toes, while working at a Renaissance faire years ago and right now of course I have a broken ankle.

Default Re: Have you ever broken a bone?

Never broke anything, but cracked a tailbone from a crowd surfing mishap.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I didn't know that you broke your ankle. I guess I missed that thread... Does it hurt? Are you taking calcium, drinking lots of milk in your lattes? Do you have a cast?

I have broken both hips, have pins in both of them, fractured wrist, that's all...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

leg, ankle, three fingers, foot. everything except for the fingers was from skateboarding i broke my fingers after getting stomped in a really violent mosh pit a few years back i was so hammered i dont even remember who was playing but i didnt go to the hospital till the next afternoon

ive never broken a bone in my life spraned everything and torn every ligiment in my body but never broke a bone. one time i get reall mad and punched something but i donno if i broke it or not if i would have gone to the doctor there would have been nothing he could have done. except xray which cost a small fortine so i never went. so ill never know if i broke it and it healed ornot. it was sore for a few weeks.

I've broken a finger, and sprained a couple. (Stupid Gym...) I broke my ankle when I was little, like 8 or 9. It sucked, 'cause I couldn't go play in the rain.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I've broken my right arm. That summer ws hell on wheels. Imagine an aspiring writer denied the use of her hand! And I've broken several fingers: my pinkie was broken in an air hocky accident and my index finger was broken from puncking a wall. Had my nose broken once, nothing spectacular, just my face and the asphalt didn't get along (stupid bicycle). A few weeks after that I broke my tooth landing on a tile floor. I slipped on the we tile and went to grab my boyfrined (at the time) to get my balance and the fucker jumped back. *snarl* That's about it.
    K

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I drink a shit load of milk. I love it.

I've never broken a bone in my body.

mamathirteen's Avatar Junior Member

i had my jaw broken when i was 19 in a car accident.. iremember lots of luccid dreams while the bones healed.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Never broken a bone. I think I mentioned my nose in another thread, though.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Is'nt it it suprising how distractingly painful a broken bone can be
    I've broken a few, legs feet fingers

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Where to start...
    My doctor thought I was going for the Evel Knievel record there for awhile.

I've broke my left shoulder, collarbone and arm in a dozen places like six times, starting when I was six with my very first motorcycle.

That same year, while still healing from that, I had my nose broken by a classmate on the way to school... damned little girls with those square metal lunchboxes.

I've had just about all my fingers and both hands broken at one time or another through various sports, football and wrestling... not to mention years of martial arts and fighting.

Broken ribs, arms, legs, hips and tailbone (the ribs and tailbone were the most painful of that bunch) from several car and motorbike accidents... and a shattered right ankle as well... pins and screws hold it together... still *POPS* real loudly on occassion.

A fractured skull is the most recent (about 6 years ago) from a crazy ex who took it upon herself to beat me in the head with an iron while I slept... the same crazy bitch who, before this incident, I awoke to find sitting on my chest with one of my loaded hanguns stuck in my face... she was nuts but not enough to actually pull the trigger, even though I gave her plenty of chance to do it, just glad she grabbed the .357 with the 14 pound trigger pull and not the hair trigger.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

nope and thats incredible seeing as ive been run over by a car about 5 years ago and i fell of the roof of my house when i was 5

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i broke my foot in 5th grade, i thought some stairs were under me in a dark room, but i was wrong and instead i dropped a few feet and broke my foot.

i broke my wedding ring finger in 7th grade playing basketball, and now it bends backwards and the others dont

The little frog Bubbles's Avatar Junior Member

I broke my hand the day before leaving to Hawaii. It was my senior trip before grad. Its been 3 years and it still hurts sometimes. Even with a broken hand i had a great time and only missed out on 2 things....

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

I broke my finger in high school.. It's kinda crooked now.. and I can't crack that knuckle.. which might not be such a bad thing, ya know?!
    Other than that.. I've been lucky thus far.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    Where to start...
    My doctor thought I was going for the Evel Knievel record there for awhile.

I've broke my left shoulder, collarbone and arm in a dozen places like six times, starting when I was six with my very first motorcycle.

That same year, while still healing from that, I had my nose broken by a classmate on the way to school... damned little girls with those square metal lunchboxes.

I've had just about all my fingers and both hands broken at one time or another through various sports, football and wrestling... not to mention years of martial arts and fighting.

Broken ribs, arms, legs, hips and tailbone (the ribs and tailbone were the most painful of that bunch) from several car and motorbike accidents... and a shattered right ankle as well... pins and screws hold it together... still *POPS* real loudly on occassion.

A fractured skull is the most recent (about 6 years ago) from a crazy ex who took it upon herself to beat me in the head with an iron while I slept... the same crazy bitch who, before this incident, I awoke to find sitting on my chest with one of my loaded hanguns stuck in my face... she was nuts but not enough to actually pull the trigger, even though I gave her plenty of chance to do it, just glad she grabbed the .357 with the 14 pound trigger pull and not the hair trigger.
    wow... It sounds like a screenplay. Have Angelina Jolie play the crazy bitch, and Gary Oldman can be you...

author unknown's Avatar Junior Member

i have never broken anything in my body. well, not officially anyway...

in grade 2 or something, i was too short to reach my cubby hole, so i had to jump up and hold onto it with my hand so i could get stuff out of it... and this one time, i jumped up, grabbed on, but lost my balance and fell backwards, STRAIGHT onto my elbows (instead of landing on my back)... they hurt like hell for a month afterwards. but i never complained so i never went to the doctor. probably wasn't broken, but possibly fractured.

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i hadn't broken any bone until 2 weeks ago when i closed a car door on my thumb by accident..it was crooked and all bruised but after i'd come out of my major shock (i had a v.long panic attack and fainted ) it was straight so i left it....it still aches sometimes but i think it's set itself, you know?

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

I broke both my elbows while playing soccer in 7th grade.

Both were in casts. It truly sucked ass.

+ Reply to Thread