+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needles

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Needles

How do you feel about needles? Do injections bother you? How about blood tests? Are play piercings the same thing or something else entirely as far as your response to them?

Default Re: Needles

The doctor and nurse used to hold me down to give me shots... I'm a little better now.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

This is really strange, but I really don't mind needles at all. I have had SO many operations, that it is nothing to me... Blood tests are scary always. But they have taken so much blood out of me and tested it so much, I guess they would know by now if I am dying of leukemia or something....

Getting tattooed is a bit painful, but the fact that it is a needle does not bother me. But it is a bit painful, I have to admit!!!

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I love needles. My boyfriend however does not. So...looks like I wont be having any piercing fun with him anytime soon.

At the fetish club I used to work at, we would pierce and lace up my body.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i dont have a problem with needles i hate blood oxygen tests though

no they don't phaze me.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

no problem with them

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Never really a problem...I don't go out of my way to get one but i don't avoid em when needed.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Never had a problem with needles, although piercings are not my thing. I'm happy with tattoos.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Dont understand this myself...but here goes:
    Ive got tattoos, never gave me a problem. Piercings arent really my thing. Not due to fear or pain, just dont think I want em (okay, I pierced my ear when I was in 7th grade, but I havent worn an earring for at least 10 years). But injections or IV work?? HELL NO! I dont know why, but as soon as I just know I'm getting a shot, I start to get really tense. When I got my immunization boosters to go to college, I told the nurse " you'd better get someone bigger than you to give me this damn shot". She thought I was kidding..... I was not. The had to bring in a 6'2" orderly to hold me down. I literally ran and climbed on a chair to get away from the syringe. Screamed like a 6 yr old girl (big tough metal dude wearing a Obituary Tshirt about to cry) .
    I think it stems from watching my dad get stuck like a pin cushion for the last several years of his life in just about every place a person could get stuck( he was on a first name basis with most of the staff at the hospital he was always in. The couldnt even take blood from his arms toward the end, they had to search for veins that hadn't collapsed. When I was getting married and I heard you needed a blood test, it almost blew the whole deal. For whatever reason, I never actually had to take one. I'm a little better now, but not much. I still can't look at the needle before, during, or after.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

My congressman says I cant give my brother a clean syringe. If he should get aids and die, that's just too bad. My senator says I can't give my sister a clean syringe. If she should get hepititis and die, that's just too bad. My president says I cant give my brother a clean syringe. If he should get hepititis and die, that's just too bad. The policeman says I cant give my sister a clean syringe. If she should get aids and die, that's just too bad.
    My county superviser likes to think he's so much wiser than all the doctors put together, who say we should give away clean syringes. My city councilman says it's not a problem, we're only gonna spend millions on treatment that won't work, for people who will die.
    My community likes to claim immunity on the basis of homophobia and a lack of medical fact. Hey america, there's needle users sleeping with your children with your daughters, with your sons and with your husbands.
    We got a law, says you can't own a needle without a presciption. Do you think that ever kept anyone from shooting up? All the politicians say, we cant legalize exchange, because that would be sending the wrong message.
    But did you ever notice, on every billboard, in every magazine, in every corner store, on every tv screen the message is "buy cigarettes and alcohol"?
    Don't you know drugs are everywhere, you can't stop it. Criminalize it, make it profitable, ensure its longevity.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Needles bad! My blood! Get away! I don't want your drugs!
    K

Zoe_Zoebaboe's Avatar Senior Member

Needles are no big deal to me, I donate blood almost religiously. I dont know what it is, but its pretty cool to see the needle go into your vein and extract fluids

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

i just had a shot recently, but before that, i havent had one in several years. I was fairly afraid, because several years ago i remember me freakin out about them. but it really wasnt as bad as i thought it would be

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Recovering IV user, so no problem with it at all...

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

I don't mind needles...what I hate is being pierced straight through. I love getting tattooed, but I could never get any part of my body pierced. (my ears were done when I was too young to know better) I don't know what it is, something about having a foreign object go right through parts of my body. When I get stiches, you have to hold me down, because I can feel the needle going in and out of my skin....yuck.

+ Reply to Thread