+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fitness Training I Like ...

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Default Fitness Training I Like ...

From the New England Journal of Medicine.

Great news for girl watchers: Ogling over women's breasts is good for a man's health and can add years to his life, medical experts have discovered. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out" declared gerontologist Dr. Karen Weatherby. Dr. Weatherby and fellow researchers at three hospitals in Frankfurt, Germany, reached the startling conclusion after comparing the health of 200 male outpatients - half of whom were instructed to look at busty females daily, the other half told to refrain from doing so. The study revealed that after five years, the chest-watchers had lower blood pressure, slower resting pulse rates and fewer instances of coronary artery disease. "Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation," explains Dr. Weatherby. "There's no question: Gazing at breasts makes men healthier." "Our study indicates that engaging in this activity a few minutes daily cuts the risk of stroke and heart attack in half. We believe that by doing so consistently, the average man can extend his life four to five years."

Sign me up for this course of treatment, doc!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Fitness Training I Like ...

Punk Rock Aerobics is a lot of fun. I suppose punk rock aerobics with well-endowed females would be the best of both worlds. Luckily, the classes here are coed

OEC

Punk rock Aerobics? Tell me more.

It's basically just aerobic exercise to punk rock songs. You do steps, jog in place, dance moves, and cross training to stuff like Subhumans, Fugazi, Misfits etc. Even if u don't have classes there, you can just jump on a cross trainer at the gym and burn a cd of all your favorite songs. It's awesome, I think you'd really like it. Listening to punk, you just see it as slam dancing while you build up the cardio endurance and muscle tone. I highly recommend it for getting in shape.

OEC

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well, it does promote blood flow.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    It's basically just aerobic exercise to punk rock songs. You do steps, jog in place, dance moves, and cross training to stuff like Subhumans, Fugazi, Misfits etc. Even if u don't have classes there, you can just jump on a cross trainer at the gym and burn a cd of all your favorite songs. It's awesome, I think you'd really like it. Listening to punk, you just see it as slam dancing while you build up the cardio endurance and muscle tone. I highly recommend it for getting in shape.

OEC
    I've seen the commercials on cable stations...I seriously thought it was a joke...cause couldn't you get ANY arobics book of video and jsut put on your own tunes anyhow?

Sure, you could just do it yourself. I was in a class by a professional aerobics teacher who liked punk rock. It is helpful, but not necessary, to take a class to learn how to achieve the most efficient workout. But sure, DIY.

OEC

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Sure, you could just do it yourself. I was in a class by a professional aerobics teacher who liked punk rock. It is helpful, but not necessary, to take a class to learn how to achieve the most efficient workout. But sure, DIY.

OEC
    Ah ok this is a bit diffrent than what I saw...what I saw was some gimmicky commercial targeted at the under 18 crowd.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

what if your an ass man?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

since when was punk rock about getting in shape? I thought it was a about self-destruction? I'm gonna go shoot up so I can be more punk than you.

it's great music to workout to. I don't really care about it as a movement.

OEC

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    what if your an ass man?
    I'm sure there will be a study just as soon as the funding is approved; I certainly hope so, since that is my area of interest too ...

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    since when was punk rock about getting in shape? I thought it was a about self-destruction? I'm gonna go shoot up so I can be more punk than you.
    I caught the new Green Day album recently, and they insist that they are sticking to their punk roots. Didn't sound like it to me, far too tuneful!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

I wear the tightest t-shirt and shortest shorts to the gym, just to annoy the girls who glare at me.... All the boys are gay, but it is still fun to just sort of walk around and watch them stare...

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    I wear the tightest t-shirt and shortest shorts to the gym, just to annoy the girls who glare at me.... All the boys are gay, but it is still fun to just sort of walk around and watch them stare...
    Which gym was that again ... ??

Gold's Gym, in Manhattan. Right next to the famous Studio 54. It's a strange place. People are not very friendly. I see people there for years and they still don't say hello... Oh well, welcome to New York!

Weblogger

Gold's Gym, in Manhattan. Right next to the famous Studio 54. It's a strange place. People are not very friendly. I see people there for years and they still don't say hello... Oh well, welcome to New York!
    Well, if you're looking your best, all the women are spiting jealous and the men are gay, it's hardly surprising no one says hello!

I would, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    Well, if you're looking your best, all the women are spiting jealous and the men are gay, it's hardly surprising no one says hello!

I would, though.
    Well I'll drink to that!!! Champagne or red wine?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

*writting* "golds gym Manhattan...note to self puts a whole new term to on the the rocks...." ok ok anyhw I listen to punk when I work out. My favourite is Snapcase and Raised fist I find Hardcore is great for the muscle training while I find speedmetal and EMB and industrail great for running my favourite to jog to is Rammstien probably becasue of the very militaristi styel rythms..in the sense of marching. I myself am a face guy I am all about faces and eyes and hair...

i think im going to live forever!!!

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

I'm sure there will be a study just as soon as the funding is approved; I certainly hope so, since that is my area of interest too ...

I just so happen to be writting the grant proposal for the funding to study that very subject myself.

Nothing like getting paid for asswatching... this is of course a clinical study. I will need some volunteers on both sides, ones to collect and dissect the information and ones to shake that ass... I mean, umm... subjects to study... yeaaaaah...that's the ticket

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

uhm since I am single I can watch!!! hehehe..

Weblogger

Well I'll drink to that!!! Champagne or red wine?
    I opened the champagne bottle last night (again; any excuse), but I hope to have a decent red for tonight. Wait and see what the merchant has in stock. Though, I might just go for a really rich Pfalz ...

I opened the champagne bottle last night (again; any excuse), but I hope to have a decent red for tonight. Wait and see what the merchant has in stock. Though, I might just go for a really rich Pfalz ...

A tasty Rheinhessen sounds good about now.

Weblogger

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    A tasty Rheinhessen sounds good about now.
    I tend to avoid most from the region; Moselle, fine, but Pfalz have such a deep richness (and the appropriate price) that I cannot resist.

I tend to avoid most from the region; Moselle, fine, but Pfalz have such a deep richness (and the appropriate price) that I cannot resist.

So do I, usually... but have found one that hits the spot and for about 6 Deutsche Marks (goes to show how long it has been since I've been in Germany ) or 3 Euros... just can't beat it and have yet to find anything by H Sichel Sohne that isn't good.

Have found a couple good Riesling's as well... very nice.. being that I really don't drink much any more.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    I just so happen to be writting the grant proposal for the funding to study that very subject myself.

Nothing like getting paid for asswatching... this is of course a clinical study. I will need some volunteers on both sides, ones to collect and dissect the information and ones to shake that ass... I mean, umm... subjects to study... yeaaaaah...that's the ticket

Finally a worthwhile study, I'm sure that if I'm allowed to look at ass for a hundred years I will will be able to work for the next hundred

+ Reply to Thread